When are the Forge maps entering Macthmaking?

Does anyone have an idea of when the Forge-made maps are entering MM? I’m asking this because I downloaded a bunch of maps today and had the most fun playing Halo 4 on one of those maps. The map is called Deadlocked and it’s a remake of Lockout (didn’t play H2 so I didn’t know how good it was). I also downloaded a remake of Guardian (awesome map, didn’t play H3 either) and a hybrid of Lockout and Guardian called Spark.

I think it would be awesome to have these maps in MM (I can see Deadlocked being as popular as Haven) since there aren’t enough small maps and maps like these could allow 343 to release Team Doubles.

When 343 announces they will do so in a weekly update. Thus far, they have not.

TL;DR/TG;DR: No Forge details yet for MM.

This may be a dumb question. Where can you browse Forge creations for DL?

pHogg

It’s not a dumb question, there’s no way to search by name. You can only search by username. If you’re interested, here are the 3 maps I talked about and their creators:

-Spark (Lockout/Guardian hybrid): cant stop donut

-Deadlocked (Lockout remake): Respect the Hat

-Guardian TS: FapulousFamous

My bet will be when the Map pack and Extraction game type is added on the 10th Dec

I don’t know when they will be but it should be rushed. I would love to see some awesome forge maps + Diesel’s settings and the THC maps.

http://www.halocouncil.com/news/competitive-settings-v5

> I don’t know when they will be but it should be rushed. I would love to see some awesome forge maps + Diesel’s settings and the THC maps.
>
> http://www.halocouncil.com/news/competitive-settings-v5

Coach Diesel’s settings and the maps made by Salot= awesome.

Salot’s maps in H3 were my favorite, really.

> My bet will be when the Map pack and Extraction game type is added on the 10th Dec

i really hope you are right.

Do you search and DL on the PC like you did for Halo 3 or is it in game DL?

pHogg

I’m afraid they will release them after all the map packs have been released.

Here’s my rational. Microsoft will generate more map pack sales by not readily or easily be able to play forge maps. In the short term if you want to play new maps then you’ll have to buy the DLC.

Why that annoys me - I bought the LE. You already have my money. Provide the same level of access to forge creations that were in Reach.

I get it from Microsoft’s perspective of wanting to generate incentive to increase map purchases. If you reduce the number of maps available in matchmaking by not having forge creations readily searchable, browseable, etc then you’re only option to play new maps is to buy the new ones.

My guess is that after the final map pack releases, they’ll let the community provide custom maps to help extend Halo 4’s life.

I download all maps in game. I just send the name a private chat and go to fileshare.

how to get your map in matchmaking

That being said, I doubt we see anything till a bit after the file share is working.

thanks guys just what i have been looking for, and if anyone is looking for people to play customs please add me.

I’m always up for Customs. I prefer competitive customs but I’ll play any cool gametypes.