Wheelman = Assist

I’m sure this topic has already been touched on, but I thought I’d revisit it. 343 really needs to update the Wheelman medal to be included as an assist medal. I had a game today on Recurve where I drove the Gausshog and a teammate racked up 16 kills before we were killed, and there I am at the bottom of the board with 0 kills 0 assists and 1 death, looking like I apparently was hiding the entire game. I doubt this will be included in the February update so hopefully in March’s update this will be addressed.

Lets take this step by step

Wheelman has its own commendation

Assist has its own commendation

an “Assist” is recorded by dealing damage to an enemy and your teammate finishes him off

as a drive you rarely deal damage yourself so what makes you think you should be rewarded with a stat? driving in its own right is skillful but getting credit for something you didnt do isnt right.

It never gets old. They need to fix this.

> 2533275010968401;2:
> Lets take this step by step
>
> Wheelman has its own commendation
>
> Assist has its own commendation
>
> an “Assist” is recorded by dealing damage to an enemy and your teammate finishes him off
>
> as a drive you rarely deal damage yourself so what makes you think you should be rewarded with a stat? driving in its own right is skillful but getting credit for something you didnt do isnt right.

But a good driver deserves credit for helping the gunner get kills. Sure he didn’t deal direct damage to the enemy but getting the gunner into position certainly deserves an assist in my book.

> 2533275010968401;2:
>
>
>
> an “Assist” is recorded by dealing damage to an enemy and your teammate finishes him off
>
> as a drive you rarely deal damage yourself so what makes you think you should be rewarded with a stat? driving in its own right is skillful but getting credit for something you didnt do isnt right.

The medal having a commendation attached to earning it is completely irrelevant. In many of the previous Halo games I believe when you earned a wheelman medal it was counted as an assist, as they should be. Being rewarded an assist for keeping your gunner alive and being a good driver should certainly be rewarded, and certainly deserves credit. Gunners can’t do much without a driver unless it’s in very specific situations.

Wheelmen are assists. Not sure why it was decided to change that, but it should go back. Give Wheelmen our due!

> 2533274843225273;5:
> > 2533275010968401;2:
> > Lets take this step by step
> >
> > Wheelman has its own commendation
> >
> > Assist has its own commendation
> >
> > an “Assist” is recorded by dealing damage to an enemy and your teammate finishes him off
> >
> > as a drive you rarely deal damage yourself so what makes you think you should be rewarded with a stat? driving in its own right is skillful but getting credit for something you didnt do isnt right.
>
>
> The medal having a commendation attached to earning it is completely irrelevant. In many of the previous Halo games I believe when you earned a wheelman medal it was counted as an assist, as they should be. Being rewarded an assist for keeping your gunner alive and being a good driver should certainly be rewarded, and certainly deserves credit. Gunners can’t do much without a driver unless it’s in very specific situations.

it is rewarded and gets credit, just not in the way you see fit

343i actually did the right thing by separating the assists/wheelman stuff because using semantics they are not the same thing

I agree the commendation should be given a statistical representation in game. For the warthog drivers everywhere… UNITE!

> 2533275010968401;7:
> > 2533274843225273;5:
> > > 2533275010968401;2:
> > > Lets take this step by step
> > >
> > > Wheelman has its own commendation
> > >
> > > Assist has its own commendation
> > >
> > > an “Assist” is recorded by dealing damage to an enemy and your teammate finishes him off
> > >
> > > as a drive you rarely deal damage yourself so what makes you think you should be rewarded with a stat? driving in its own right is skillful but getting credit for something you didnt do isnt right.
> >
> >
> > The medal having a commendation attached to earning it is completely irrelevant. In many of the previous Halo games I believe when you earned a wheelman medal it was counted as an assist, as they should be. Being rewarded an assist for keeping your gunner alive and being a good driver should certainly be rewarded, and certainly deserves credit. Gunners can’t do much without a driver unless it’s in very specific situations.
>
>
> it is rewarded and gets credit, just not in the way you see fit
>
> 343i actually did the right thing by separating the assists/wheelman stuff because using semantics they are not the same thing

You’re not using semantics you’re using the actual 343 medal definitions.

as·sist
[əˈsist]<a></a>

VERB

• help (someone), typically by doing a share of the work: “a senior academic would assist him in his work” · help · aid · lend a (helping) hand to · oblige · <a class=“leftAlign”>[more]</a>The actual definition of assist means that you did a share of the work, driving a gunner is certainly a share of the work. Why are you so interested in Wheelman not counting as assists?

This is not a problem. So you look bad on the stats page, big deal. The fact that your can drive someone around for that many kills is impressive, to many games I have been killed due to bad drivers.

If they do anything, I hope they add a medal counter, so it will show Kills, Assists, Deaths, Medals.
This way when you see someone with 0 kills and assists but has 16 medals, its clear they are doing something.

Assist is something different than a wheelman, this is why they have different medals, and the commendations are earned for different actions.

As in past games, (good) drivers should be awarded with assists for their gunmen’s kills. A skilled driver can help a turret gunner earn many kills throughout a match, however when the round is all said and done, it looks as if the driver who was essential in the gunner’s success was a non-factor. Warthog drivers should be rewarded for their selfless behavior… Or at least show each player’s medal count at the end of the game (!!!).

The postgame stat sheet shows nothing to reflect your good driving deeds, or even your service record for that matter. For a title that champions itself as a multidimensional competitive shooter, with vehicles being a HUGE dimension, the drivers should be rewarded for responsibly handling that aspect of the game. Some people can’t drive for -Yoink-, while the others that can, someone viewing their stats wouldn’t even know. Pretty dumb IMO.

> 2533275010968401;2:
>
>
>
>

So what your saying is we dumb asf for driving warthogs and such. Thanks bruh

> 2793974233130299;12:
> > 2533275010968401;2:
> > Lets take this step by step
> >
> > Wheelman has its own commendation
> >
> > Assist has its own commendation
> >
> > an “Assist” is recorded by dealing damage to an enemy and your teammate finishes him off
> >
> > as a drive you rarely deal damage yourself so what makes you think you should be rewarded with a stat? driving in its own right is skillful but getting credit for something you didnt do isnt right.
>
> So what your saying is we dumb asf for driving warthogs and such. Thanks bruh

Maybe not for driving around Warthogs but reviving a 3 year dead thread is another topic

> 2793974233130299;12:
> So what your saying is we dumb asf for driving warthogs and such. Thanks bruh

Please don’t revive old topics thanks