What's your strategy

What’s everyone’s favorite set up with Halo Wars? Mines Grizzlys with Spartans and Wolverines

The best units to have (as a 1v1 Covenant player that is) are always Jackals, Hunters, and if it comes to it, Wraiths. Jackals counter infantry thus map control in the early game is taken care of, Hunters counter vehicles so tanks are no problem in the late game, and Wraiths counter Warthogs which are spammed constantly.

warthog rush im not joking great unit if it has a gunner and over complained if you rush a another team with so many warthogs but it is a legitimate strategy

ODSTs all the way.

The hog rush is easy to counter, just build your turrets up at base in the beginning

Mine would be cobras locked down near my base with Spartans maybe a few wolverines
but as a covenant leader sometimes a few banshees, wraiths, locust hunter , jackals and one arbiter rarely I play as any other leader

Get a second base fast then train ODSTs so I can protect my team´s units while attacking someplace else.

my other strategy would be the hawk rush they build fast and are fairly cheap to train.

Easy, assuming your oponent doesnt do anything crazy and it’s good for almost all maps. A good standard build is the following irrelevant of leader (my favorite is anders though)…

UNSC:
Warthogs for start - annoy/attack/slow down the enemy. if you build them but don’t use them they are a waste of money, and money=time in this game. if they build turrets (as MaggotMarine described) starting taking advantage of map control, don’t let your oponent send any infantry to the bonus reactors/money and take them for yourself.

Evolve to tanks. - this will be your power units, if you still have warthogs, start upgrading them and keep using them to run around the map. If your oponent went strait cobras, when you reach tech 3 you will have to either build cobras yourself, use your speed and mobility to your advantage or switch it up and go marines (doesnt have to be ODSTs, RPG marines will do a lot of damage). however if they turttled from the beggining with cobras and turrets you should now have taken a second base (with your warthog and tanks) and have a better economy and map control than the oponent. now you need to use your halo wars skills to win

Covenant:
i’m not as good with the covenant but Banshees are your best friend. their boost ability allows you to pester and gain map control. against UNSC their anti air are only available at tech 3 which is a pain for them (if someone is doing this to you, you should use your warthogs). this works for everything even against the Arbiter because you can easily kill the arbiter by putting your banshees over a cliff/mountain.

hope it helps!

UNSC: 2 Supply pads and a reactor then 2 more supply pads
Upgrade supply pads while saving for 2nd reactor and after all the buildings are ready build a vehicle depot.
Build 3 tanks and start killing AI bases to gain veterancy
As Cutter use tanks wolves and Research ODSTs while keeping a 10 population buffer so you can drop them
As Anders build tanks wolves and gremlins GET THE EMP ASAP IF YOU PLAY AGAINST UNSC.
Counter to suit enemy build as necessary and UPGRADE AFTER YOU BUILD YOUR ARMY
Upgrade everything over time and make sure your turrets have the AA in the back and one Rail gun and one flame mortar
RUSHING ISNT FUN AND ITS AN UNSPORTSMANLIKE STRATEGY

> 2533274818747103;9:
> Easy, assuming your oponent doesnt do anything crazy and it’s good for almost all maps. A good standard build is the following irrelevant of leader (my favorite is anders though)…
>
> UNSC:
> Warthogs for start - annoy/attack/slow down the enemy. if you build them but don’t use them they are a waste of money, and money=time in this game. if they build turrets (as MaggotMarine described) starting taking advantage of map control, don’t let your oponent send any infantry to the bonus reactors/money and take them for yourself.
>
> Evolve to tanks. - this will be your power units, if you still have warthogs, start upgrading them and keep using them to run around the map. If your oponent went strait cobras, when you reach tech 3 you will have to either build cobras yourself, use your speed and mobility to your advantage or switch it up and go marines (doesnt have to be ODSTs, RPG marines will do a lot of damage). however if they turttled from the beggining with cobras and turrets you should now have taken a second base (with your warthog and tanks) and have a better economy and map control than the oponent. now you need to use your halo wars skills to win
>
> Covenant:
> i’m not as good with the covenant but Banshees are your best friend. their boost ability allows you to pester and gain map control. against UNSC their anti air are only available at tech 3 which is a pain for them (if someone is doing this to you, you should use your warthogs). this works for everything even against the Arbiter because you can easily kill the arbiter by putting your banshees over a cliff/mountain.
>
> hope it helps!

This is definitely a more high-level approach compared to the other strategies. People saying “spam ODSTS” or “build Hawks” don’t realize that in a high-level scenario, their bases would be completely leveled before they could fully upgrade their units. With the Covenant, I feel that infantry trumps air. Banshees have mobility and strength in numbers and that’s about it. Infantry allows for more diversity (it can train anti-infantry, and anti-vehicle) and a cheaper counter to air (grunts as compared to vampires). In 3s, yes air is better, but 1s I’d say infantry dominates. 2s idk cause I never play it.

Army of ghosts and honor guards…

Jk

Max number of banshees and just going all over the map harassing enemy bases.
And yes, I am guilt of using 2 scarabs with a team of engineers over them.

> 2533274852660538;12:
> Army of ghosts and honor guards…
>
> Jk

But that sounded like the best strategy ever. How about just honor guards.

I don’t know how effective this is in multiplayer but an army of brutes is super effective against A.I.

spawrtan and warthog rush so you can keep sending warthogs across the map

The most fun strategy to go for is all Vultures. They will wipe out bases within seconds.

I usually rush the enemy first with Warthogs, upgrade & double pump tanks out, but if I’m covenant I will either use the Honor guard, Brute forces or suicide grunts to rush the enemy & take out their supplies first so they become weak in economy & that makes them pretty weak so they can’t even make scouts. I basically just rush unless I’m unsc.

For an Honest to god RTS match with my friends… Spam maxed elephants, deploy outside base, and pray they dont have cobras.
But really, I go more defense with UNSC, wolverines, cobras, etc.
Covenant, is my offense, brute chieftain, one scarab, mix of 5-8 brutes, 2-3 jackels, 2 vampires, and mixed engineers

> 2535452784065270;11:
> > 2533274818747103;9:
> > Easy, assuming your oponent doesnt do anything crazy and it’s good for almost all maps. A good standard build is the following irrelevant of leader (my favorite is anders though)…
> >
> > UNSC:
> > Warthogs for start - annoy/attack/slow down the enemy. if you build them but don’t use them they are a waste of money, and money=time in this game. if they build turrets (as MaggotMarine described) starting taking advantage of map control, don’t let your oponent send any infantry to the bonus reactors/money and take them for yourself.
> >
> > Evolve to tanks. - this will be your power units, if you still have warthogs, start upgrading them and keep using them to run around the map. If your oponent went strait cobras, when you reach tech 3 you will have to either build cobras yourself, use your speed and mobility to your advantage or switch it up and go marines (doesnt have to be ODSTs, RPG marines will do a lot of damage). however if they turttled from the beggining with cobras and turrets you should now have taken a second base (with your warthog and tanks) and have a better economy and map control than the oponent. now you need to use your halo wars skills to win
> >
> > Covenant:
> > i’m not as good with the covenant but Banshees are your best friend. their boost ability allows you to pester and gain map control. against UNSC their anti air are only available at tech 3 which is a pain for them (if someone is doing this to you, you should use your warthogs). this works for everything even against the Arbiter because you can easily kill the arbiter by putting your banshees over a cliff/mountain.
> >
> > hope it helps!
>
>
> This is definitely a more high-level approach compared to the other strategies. People saying “spam ODSTS” or “build Hawks” don’t realize that in a high-level scenario, their bases would be completely leveled before they could fully upgrade their units. With the Covenant, I feel that infantry trumps air. Banshees have mobility and strength in numbers and that’s about it. Infantry allows for more diversity (it can train anti-infantry, and anti-vehicle) and a cheaper counter to air (grunts as compared to vampires). In 3s, yes air is better, but 1s I’d say infantry dominates. 2s idk cause I never play it.

Hunters and vamps in 2v2, if anyone has a good way to beat that please tell me