Whats your favorite weapon & why? (Realistically)

By Realistically i mean don’t just name the ultimate weapons that kill somebody in one shot like a rocket launcher or sniper (unless it is your ultimate go to weapon that is the only one you can survive on)

But what’s your more realistic favorite weapon to use and have available and why?

Mine is the DMR because i am a more stay back and take cover kind of player and shoot from a distance. Rather than go 20 kills and 18 deaths in a game, i’d rather go 10 kills 2 deaths, so instead of always going in and up close to get a quick kill (and possible death) i like to stay back and shoot from a distance, which is what the DMR is perfect for. Also it can be used in up close situation. Although it may not be as good as a BR up close and do the same amount of damage, it has more range than it and does do more damage over a distance. So basically the fact that it can be used in close, mid, and distance range is what makes it best for me, whereas an assault is only for close and a BR is for mid to some distance.

What is your weapon that fits your strategy style of playing?

The carbine is growing on me recently. I didn’t realize how far the red-reticule-range is until I used it a lot on Risen. You get a ref reticule on people who are running on the bridge, from all the way over at the grenade launcher spawn.

I pick it up any chance I get in btb anymore.

In Halo 4 it was the Carbine, but it feels really off in Halo 5, to me. So for me it’s the Halo 2 BR followed closely by the DMR with an energy bayonet. Jorge’s Chaingun is also a lot of fun to use, as well as giving me a nostalgia -Yoink!- for mah boi S052.

Lately I’ve been loving the Tac-Magnum… you can absolutely wreck with it in Doubles. Wish it was in more playlists… DMR though, otherwise, I’d say… or the BR.

Carbine has felt great post-patch as well, very consistent feel… Before the patch, my aim would freak out as I was trying to land the last headshot… EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Lets see, I would say either the DMR or BR. Both have different fire modes as DMR has semi automatic and automatic as BR has a automatic, burst fire, semi automatic. Both are good at mid to long range (depending on the model) and aren’t not good in close quarters. If I could pick a secondary favorite it would the Whispered Truth as that thing if used right can be good in close quarters.

> 2535409489305717;5:
> Lets see, I would say either the DMR or BR. Both have different fire modes as DMR has semi automatic and automatic as BR has a automatic, burst fire, semi automatic. Both are good at mid to long range (depending on the model) and aren’t not good in close quarters. If I could pick a secondary favorite it would the Whispered Truth as that thing if used right can be good in close quarters.

Wait, the DMR and BR have different fire modes?

I have armored gloves,so I just beat you to death.
That or the SMG.

> 2533274849069111;6:
> > 2535409489305717;5:
> > Lets see, I would say either the DMR or BR. Both have different fire modes as DMR has semi automatic and automatic as BR has a automatic, burst fire, semi automatic. Both are good at mid to long range (depending on the model) and aren’t not good in close quarters. If I could pick a secondary favorite it would the Whispered Truth as that thing if used right can be good in close quarters.
>
> Wait, the DMR and BR have different fire modes?

Yeah in the lore but in the game they just go on their default modes. BR being burst fire and and DMR semi automatic.

The Halo CE Magnum.

I really like the LR, but I would like it more if…

Halo 2 BR because its my favorite

shotgun or energy sword but i would choose the sword other anything. i like going up close and personal that’s just what I do, the energy sword was my first commendation to master.

The Spartan Laser has been my favorite since HALO 3. Prior to that it was the CE Pistol. Now my Top 4 are SpLaser, CE Pistol, Carbine, & H2 BR. The reasons why are simple, I just like using them the most.

Love using the endgame tha laser in H4 was hard for me to use but the endgame is like a laser sniper good on vehicles and people also the Dmr with laser it just helps your aim at longer distances and with the lag we getting playing from aus gives you the odd head shot back that got taken off you

DMR, I like using BR but prefer DMR since it’s semi-auto and the BR just doesn’t feel powerful and I still haven’t gotten the Halo 2 BR. I like the weapon design better and the DMR is better precision at longer ranges and is still effective in a close range firefight.

The Tactical Magnum; Perfect kills sound all the more satisfying with it; so smooth :slight_smile: (see what I mean here).

I also enjoy using the recon sight DMR with silencer attachment; the sight does not take up the whole screen and getting perfect kills have a satisfying feel to it as well. I also enjoy using the recon sight DMR with the long barrel attachment; a decent amount of zoom and a generous amount of effective range; it’s my go-to weapon at REQ level 8—simply perfect.

The Carbine, though I enjoyed it more in Halo 4, is also a favorite. I use it exclusively on A.R.C (regular and Blood of Suban)—I have 78 perfects so far (though I do not use it so much).

The M6D; nuff said

Lastly, the AR. It is very satisfying to outgun a Magnum, BR, or DMR at range, when used appropriately

It depends on the game mode for me. In Arena I generally go for a BR cause it has the best range for the maps, so you can get someone sneaking up on you or cross map.

For Warzone, definitely the DMR and SMG as a back pocket weapon. DMR has the best range for the large WZ maps.

Looking at my kill totals, it seems like I have gotten the most kills with the good old fashioned AR

Aside from the Railgun, I guess I’ll go with the Tactical Magnum. Absolutely nasty in Doubles, and I get a serious Robocop vibe just looking at it.

> 2535429593088083;18:
> Aside from the Railgun, I guess I’ll go with the Tactical Magnum. Absolutely nasty in Doubles, and I get a serious Robocop vibe just looking at it.

I can agree that it has a Robocop vibe and look to it. It is also nasty in Infection. I gotten first place and most of my kills using it. I find it ridiculous that no one on that entire match used it or try go to it. You get 24 bullets, a silencer and a classic zoom all in one. I just ditch my AR for that.

DMR, preferably one with a Sentinel scope and Suppressor/Silencer. Works as a general purpose weapon for me, allowing me to cover most combat ranges adequately.