What's your emphasis? Killing or not dying?

Everyone has their own playstyle when it comes to weapon choices, vehicle choices, map choices, etc. But when it all comes together, what’s your emphasis (in team play) when it comes to winning and losing? Do you rush and gun people down to rack up kills for the team or do you tend to stay back and keep distance to keep from giving the other team points? Or have you figured out how to merge the two well or do you not even care cause you rack up 40 kills a game and so your 15 deaths don’t matter?

My personal emphasis is to die less. I’m not as skilled as most of the players on this forum so my general way of contributing to my teams is by dying the least. I’m not running from battles but I do try to position myself for gathering lots of kills which I’ve figured out how to do in Halo 3 but not in Reach. My style requires understanding of maps and spawns. I’ll never be a cold-hearted slayer but I won’t give the other team kills to get wins.

It all depends on the map. On Zealot and Cage, I take more of a main slayer role, and my stats reflect that, especially on Cage. On Powerhouse, I’m more passive and basically just hold rockets and P2 all game. Typical Powerhouse game for me is 11 and 2 or 15 and 4 or something like that. On Asylum I spend the vast majority of my time on the other team’s car, just teamshooting and ducking into ring 2 when things get hairy, and rarely die. I’ve got like 5 perfections, and 3 of them are on Asylum.

I guess you could say I’m a slayer. I go for the kills. If the enemy is coming to me, I’ll just find a good position and lay back while they run into our sights. If the other team isn’t pushing very much then I will go on the move. However, if it’s an objective game and the teams are a good match up, I like a good mix of offense/defense.

Depends on the gametype.
My deaths are meaningless in objective. I do not waste them with intent however. If it means I can spawn back at my base or near my team to help them out, I’ll let myself get killed in objective just to move my position better to the objective.
If I can drop the shields of a room full of enemies but not kill them, that is ok because my fully shielded teammates can come in and finish the job.
I do not needlessly drop my body on the objective to capture, but if I see a moment where such normal stupidity will pay off, I will grab the objective without a care for the enemy just to prevent it from returning (if I feel it’s that close).

But if it’s slayer, it’s killing with preference to not dying :slight_smile: I don’t like to be where I’m expected to be so I don’t make myself an open target if I can help it.

I’m a killer. Plain and simple, you know that Kibble.

Though I’ve had two perfections, check my medals on Bungie, even one perfection solo, but I still shot everyone I saw.

id have to say im both, but more of a killer!

i camp alot if i know it will get me tons of kills, but i will also just rush in for fun to throw the enemy off guard… but in halo 3 when playing for the higher ranks id always focus on not dying, lol

Killing.

> Everyone has their own playstyle when it comes to weapon choices, vehicle choices, map choices, etc. But when it all comes together, what’s your emphasis (in team play) when it comes to winning and losing? Do you rush and gun people down to rack up kills for the team or do you tend to stay back and keep distance to keep from giving the other team points? Or have you figured out how to merge the two well or do you not even care cause you rack up 40 kills a game and so your 15 deaths don’t matter?
>
> My personal emphasis is to die less. I’m not as skilled as most of the players on this forum so my general way of contributing to my teams is by dying the least. I’m not running from battles but I do try to position myself for gathering lots of kills which I’ve figured out how to do in Halo 3 but not in Reach. My style requires understanding of maps and spawns. I’ll never be a cold-hearted slayer but I won’t give the other team kills to get wins.

Don’t die. That means less kills for the other team. :slight_smile:

> Depends on the gametype.
> My deaths are meaningless in objective. I do not waste them with intent however. If it means I can spawn back at my base or near my team to help them out, I’ll let myself get killed in objective just to move my position better to the objective.
> If I can drop the shields of a room full of enemies but not kill them, that is ok because my fully shielded teammates can come in and finish the job.
> I do not needlessly drop my body on the objective to capture, but if I see a moment where such normal stupidity will pay off, I will grab the objective without a care for the enemy just to prevent it from returning (if I feel it’s that close).
>
> But if it’s slayer, it’s killing with preference to not dying :slight_smile: I don’t like to be where I’m expected to be so I don’t make myself an open target if I can help it.

“Killing with preference to not dying.” I think everyone thinks that way but going about it differently. I’d say that’s my thought too but I still don’t chase down enemies that often. Some people have that mentality to chase but I don’t. It gets me messed every time.

-Kill
-Not die
-Strategic rush
-Lone Wolf it up
-Run around and snipe
-1 shot everything I see at least
-Be the best around

I make it a priority to stay alive and the kills follow as a reward for being attentive to my surroundings and pushing for good map control.

I go for the Objective. If my objective is to kill people, I kill people. If I need to hold the Hill, I’ll hold the Hill. I try to go even or low positives, so that I can’t be responsible if we lose. That’s also why I try to get as many Objective points as possible.

The only time I care about not dying is if I would have the last death in a Slayer game.

Double Post. Fail.

Staying alive. Kills will follow.

Killkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkill

Deaths are of no consequence, it’s all about killing as many as you can as fast as you can.

Multikills > Sprees

I’m better at close quarters. Running or sneaking in then causing havoc. Sabotaging enemy vehicles, going commando. I usually like to play in a “squad” of me and a friend or two. Because of this playstyle, I end up racking up more deaths than kills if I’m not careful.

To answer the question, I prefer getting kills. But keeping the deaths low and staying positive is a strong plus.

In Halo 3 I was pretty good at deciding per game when to rush up or stay back and play a support role. In Reach I could care less what I do, I just Armor Lock whenever I’m in trouble…