What's Your Controller Layout?

Since Halo 3, I’ve used the Bumper Jumper layout for when I play Halo. Ever since armor abilities entered in Halo: Reach, it’s become a little more difficult to use Bumper Jumper as I’ve had to do the “claw” to effectively use abilities such as Jetpack or, now in Halo 4, Hardlight Shield.

I’m just looking to see what controller layouts you guys use and why you use them. Maybe I’ll try switching to a different one!

Bumper Jumper, sensitivity 4.

I do not use claw. I’ve tried but can’t do it well enough to stay with it.

Thus, I don’t use jetpack except for objective games to get to places. I can get hadlight shield. I quickly hit X, then go to claw and start moving.

I think the loss of jetpack is worth being able to jump and shoot well together. :slight_smile:

Recon… most Halo 3-like controller scheme there is (in terms of Halo 3’s default setup). I got used to it in Halo 3 and when Reach came out I started using it to keep it familiar and haven’t looked back. X to sprint is a bit odd but I got used to it pretty quickly.

> Bumper Jumper, sensitivity 4.
>
> I do not use claw. I’ve tried but can’t do it well enough to stay with it.
>
> Thus, I don’t use jetpack except for objective games to get to places. I can get hadlight shield. I quickly hit X, then go to claw and start moving.
>
> I think the loss of jetpack is worth being able to jump and shoot well together. :slight_smile:

I’d agree, but Jetpack is seeming more and more to be a VERY useful ability.

I use Recon because reload is LB and melee is B, similar to Gears of War… really messes me up in CoD though when I’m behind cover and hit LB to reload and accidentally throw a grenade at myself >.<

> I use Recon because reload is RB and melee is B, similar to Gears of War… really messes me up in CoD though when I’m behind cover and hit RB to reload and accidentally throw a grenade at myself >.<

*Fixed it. Unless you use lefty controls in which I’ll look like a total idiot.