Whats wrong with the Sniper Rifle?

Ive been seeing a lot of complaints about the sniper rifle. So im wondering whats wrong with it? Im assuming its still the “Insta-Kill, One shot to the head your dead” type of weapon. If it wasnt I would see a reason to complain, but since it obviously isnt…Whats the problem? I hope to God its not how it looks and that the scope isnt green anymore. If you were the type of player who wanted pick up the sniper rifle just gawk at its design all game long then I would see why someone would complain…But honestly, how long during a math do you intensely study what the weapon looks like?

I think the people here who are complaining need to understand…its how the weapon plays that matters not how it looks…

Besides I see no reason to complain…It looks like a sniper rifle…it shoots like a sniper rifle…

What is the problem…

I agree. People like to be skeptical

It’s a problem for some and that’s ok. It’s not a problem for others and that’s ok too.

It looks horrible, and yes that is a problem it takes up quite a large portion of the screen. It doesn’t look like a sniper rifle either, it looks like they stuck a gungnir helmet on it instead of a scope.

It also sounds incredibly weak.

Big part of any game is the visual look of the game, i could see why some people could complain about how the gun looks, especially the group of halo fans which want nothing to change.

The scope looks weird. That is all IMO.

> It looks horrible, <mark>and yes that is a problem it takes up quite a large portion of the screen.</mark> It doesn’t look like a sniper rifle either, it looks like they stuck a gungnir helmet on it instead of a scope.
>
> It also sounds incredibly weak.

It may look like that, but if you did a bit of digging…you’d find out that it takes up relatively the same amount of space the halo 3 sniper rifle did.

> It doesn’t look like a sniper rifle

So I guess you are the expert on how technology will look 500+ years from now in a fictional universe.

I think the sound of the actual weapon is its downfall. It doesn’t sound anything like previous Halo sniper rifles and sounds like a ‘bubble-gun’, in other words - it sounds very underpowered. I think the sound of a lot of weapons need to be changed. I hope 343i take a lot of time and effort into thinking about it and even use some weapon sounds from previous Halo games.

By OP’s logic if you substitute the design of the sniper rifle for a fish, as long as it still functions the same, it will be fine. >.<

> > It doesn’t look like a sniper rifle
>
> So I guess you are the expert on how technology will look 500+ years from now in a fictional universe.

Well I expected it to be something similar to what it looked like in HR, HCE, H2, ODST and H3 because there hasn’t actually been much of a time difference, but nevermind.

OP also said the exact same thing, and you’re not hounding him for it.

> By OP’s logic if you substitute the design of the sniper rifle for a fish, as long as it still functions the same, it will be fine. >.<

Thats stretching it a bit…but

I’d still use it. And im sure you would to. Actually im sure EVERYONE who is complaining about it will use it.

> > By OP’s logic if you substitute the design of the sniper rifle for a fish, as long as it still functions the same, it will be fine. >.<
>
> I’d still use it. And im sure you would to.

Aesthetics are almost equal to me as gameplay is.

Looks 40 %

Mechanics 60%

I would not use a fish if it gained me 500 kills with one shot.

I don’t know why they changed it from the SRS 99D AM (Halo 3 sniper). It worked fine.

> > > By OP’s logic if you substitute the design of the sniper rifle for a fish, as long as it still functions the same, it will be fine. >.<
> >
> > I’d still use it. And im sure you would to.
>
> Aesthetics are almost equal to me as gameplay is.
>
> Looks 40 %
>
> Mechanics 60%
>
> I would not use a fish if it gained me 500 kills with one shot.

Well that makes an abundant amount of sense

> > > > By OP’s logic if you substitute the design of the sniper rifle for a fish, as long as it still functions the same, it will be fine. >.<
> > >
> > > I’d still use it. And im sure you would to.
> >
> > Aesthetics are almost equal to me as gameplay is.
> >
> > Looks 40 %
> >
> > Mechanics 60%
> >
> > I would not use a fish if it gained me 500 kills with one shot.
>
> Well that makes an abundant amount of sense

This isn’t Castle Crashers, its Halo.

> > > It doesn’t look like a sniper rifle
> >
> > So I guess you are the expert on how technology will look 500+ years from now in a fictional universe.
>
> Well I expected it to be something similar to what it looked like in HR, HCE, H2, ODST and H3 because there hasn’t actually been much of a time difference, but nevermind.

There is way more difference in time between this game and all the others. From Reach to H3 is only a matter of months if I am remembering correctly. This game is several years after. and H3 had random infrared in the scope when not zoomed in. I remember using it to find people camping behind shrubbery/small trees.

> > > By OP’s logic if you substitute the design of the sniper rifle for a fish, as long as it still functions the same, it will be fine. >.<
> >
> > I’d still use it. And im sure you would to.
>
> Aesthetics are almost equal to me as gameplay is.
>
> Looks 40 %
>
> Mechanics 60%
>
> I would not use a fish if it gained me 500 kills with one shot.

Then maybe you are looking at this the wrong way lol, hell i’d slap people with a piece of dog crap if it gave me that many kills

Not as concerned with how it looks as I am with how it sounds.

> > > > By OP’s logic if you substitute the design of the sniper rifle for a fish, as long as it still functions the same, it will be fine. >.<
> > >
> > > I’d still use it. And im sure you would to.
> >
> > Aesthetics are almost equal to me as gameplay is.
> >
> > Looks 40 %
> >
> > Mechanics 60%
> >
> > I would not use a fish if it gained me 500 kills with one shot.
>
> Then maybe you are looking at this the wrong way lol, hell i’d slap people with a piece of dog crap if it gave me that many kills

It’s a personal thing I guess. I have a bit of artist in me maybe thats why looks mean so much to me.