What's Wrong With Sprint, Really?

I don’t want hate. Just simply, opinions and facts.
When I first started playing Halo, I started with Reach; which had sprint. And then I continued to Halo 4, which also had sprint. I’m not exactly sure what’s wrong with sprinting, as long as it’s not unlimited. 343i said that shields won’t recharge whilst sprinting, and this seems like a fair balance, is it not? Please clarify for me the problems with implementing sprint into the Halo series.

> 2533274924514228;1:
> I don’t want hate. Just simply, opinions and facts.
> When I first started playing Halo, I started with Reach; which had sprint. And then I continued to Halo 4, which also had sprint. I’m not exactly sure what’s wrong with sprinting, as long as it’s not unlimited. 343i said that shields won’t recharge whilst sprinting, and this seems like a fair balance, is it not? Please clarify for me the problems with implementing sprint into the Halo series.

I feel the same way, some people liked sprint and some didn’t.

I think that the balance of sprint - shields not recharging - is pretty good. It allows players who want to use sprint to be able to, however, you obviously have to take the balance into consideration.

I think that’s perfect, no?

I really like sprint. And going back to the old 3 games, it makes feel limited that I don’t have it.

It looks well balanced in h5. It really hard to play the old halo games, I be wanting to sprint so bad. Not to run away but find enemies, get to destination quicker.

Here is your answer.

Ugh, I’m pretty sure this has been explained many times. I’ll make it EXTREMELY simple:

Unskilled players can survive in situations they shouldn’t have survived.

> 2533274844683829;6:
> Ugh, I’m pretty sure this has been explained many times. I’ll make it EXTREMELY simple:
>
> Unskilled players can survive in situations they shouldn’t have survived.

God forbid they want to give unfamiliar players a chance to have fun and win.

> 2533274857465597;7:
> > 2533274844683829;6:
> > Ugh, I’m pretty sure this has been explained many times. I’ll make it EXTREMELY simple:
> >
> > Unskilled players can survive in situations they shouldn’t have survived.
>
>
> God forbid they want to give unfamiliar players a chance to have fun and win.

Maybe if unfamiliar players spent more time shooting and less time running they could learn the game and enjoy it.

> 2533274876134618;8:
> > 2533274857465597;7:
> > > 2533274844683829;6:
> > > Ugh, I’m pretty sure this has been explained many times. I’ll make it EXTREMELY simple:
> > >
> > > Unskilled players can survive in situations they shouldn’t have survived.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > God forbid they want to give unfamiliar players a chance to have fun and win.
>
>
>
>
> Maybe if unfamiliar players spent more time shooting and less time running they could learn the game and enjoy it.

Perhaps if the community wasn’t so xenophobic of newcomers/unfamiliar players they could learn the game and enjoy it. Not saying you are but there are people who are.

Also why do a lot of people always talk as if Halo is a game only reserved for people who are good at the game? When did that mentality start showing up? Again not saying you’re like that. Also I really don’t have an issue with 343 making the game a bit more appealing to a new audience but a lot of people think that Halo is only for a select group of people. Which is a childish and idiotic mindset.

> 2533274858646258;2:
> > 2533274924514228;1:
> > I don’t want hate. Just simply, opinions and facts.
> > When I first started playing Halo, I started with Reach; which had sprint. And then I continued to Halo 4, which also had sprint. I’m not exactly sure what’s wrong with sprinting, as long as it’s not unlimited. 343i said that shields won’t recharge whilst sprinting, and this seems like a fair balance, is it not? Please clarify for me the problems with implementing sprint into the Halo series.
>
>
> I feel the same way, some people liked sprint and some didn’t.
>
> I think that the balance of sprint - shields not recharging - is pretty good. It allows players who want to use sprint to be able to, however, you obviously have to take the balance into consideration.
>
> I think that’s perfect, no?

lets not forget that you are also sacrificing the ability to shoot in order to move faster

> 2533274876134618;8:
> > 2533274857465597;7:
> > > 2533274844683829;6:
> > > Ugh, I’m pretty sure this has been explained many times. I’ll make it EXTREMELY simple:
> > >
> > > Unskilled players can survive in situations they shouldn’t have survived.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > God forbid they want to give unfamiliar players a chance to have fun and win.
>
>
>
>
> Maybe if unfamiliar players spent more time shooting and less time running they could learn the game and enjoy it.

how is that even possible when new players and below average players just dont stand a chance? im a below average player in h2 nd h3 and i can tell you it is impossible to escape a barrage of bullets and nads from far superior shooters, impossible! ever notice how any player can improve playing other fps like h4, battlefield or cod? its because we can escape and recover, rethink our strategy by using radar, footsteps, shadows. I cant do that with Ce, h2, h3.

> 2533274857465597;9:
> > 2533274876134618;8:
> > > 2533274857465597;7:
> > > > 2533274844683829;6:
> > > > Ugh, I’m pretty sure this has been explained many times. I’ll make it EXTREMELY simple:
> > > >
> > > > Unskilled players can survive in situations they shouldn’t have survived.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > God forbid they want to give unfamiliar players a chance to have fun and win.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Maybe if unfamiliar players spent more time shooting and less time running they could learn the game and enjoy it.
>
>
> Perhaps if the community wasn’t so xenophobic of newcomers/unfamiliar players they could learn the game and enjoy it. Not saying you are but there are people who are.
>
> Also why do a lot of people always talk as if Halo is a game only reserved for people who are good at the game? When did that mentality start showing up? Again not saying you’re like that. Also I really don’t have an issue with 343 making the game a bit more appealing to a new audience but a lot of people think that Halo is only for a select group of people. Which is a childish and idiotic mindset.

Halo 5 is doing a lot for new players. Spartan chatter, visible health, visible shield recharge time and power weapon callouts with waypoints. The community’s potential xenophobia of newcomers doesn’t matter. 343 is providing the tools to turn newcomers into competent players. With a good raking system 343 can keep bad players together and let them learn and improve.

I think only a minority actually dislike bad players. Long time players just want a skill gap. Whats wrong with wanting your individual skill and knowledge of the game to matter and to play against oppenents that challenge you regardless of how good you are? It get’s frustrating when games try to make everyone feel like a special snowflake instead of testing your abilities. I’m not even good at Halo since I stopped playing multiplayer regularly a few years ago. I just want to compete and get better.

Running doesn’t give noobs a chance to escape. You need skill to run away from a professional. So don’t say that running cheats death because “Death” can sprint too

Frankly nothing, but Halo has always had fast combat, yet balanced with slow movement. throwing both into the mix caused some mighty big ripples in Halo 4, but Halo 4’s customization offered a lot of classic Halo implementations. I think spriting is fine in Halo, but I would like it to be shorter and slower for better combat awareness and immersion into the game.

> 2533274844683829;6:
> Ugh, I’m pretty sure this has been explained many times. I’ll make it EXTREMELY simple:
>
> Unskilled players can survive in situations they shouldn’t have survived.

If you were a good player at all unskilled players have no chance against you. I’m pretty sure THAT is common sense and doesn’t need to be explained

> 2533274877056440;13:
> Running doesn’t give noobs a chance to escape. You need skill to run away from a professional. So don’t say that running cheats death because “Death” can sprint too

Or just keep shooting you from their position. I don’t care either way, because in my games of Halo 4(uuughh) I never had a firefight where someone was like “NOPE” and ran away. We shot at each other until one or both of us were dead. Kill trades, man, I hate 'em. I started since CE though so it’s like, with or without sprint, one of us is gonna die.

> 2535448331369025;11:
> > 2533274876134618;8:
> > > 2533274857465597;7:
> > > > 2533274844683829;6:
> > > > Ugh, I’m pretty sure this has been explained many times. I’ll make it EXTREMELY simple:
> > > >
> > > > Unskilled players can survive in situations they shouldn’t have survived.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > God forbid they want to give unfamiliar players a chance to have fun and win.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Maybe if unfamiliar players spent more time shooting and less time running they could learn the game and enjoy it.
>
>
> how is that even possible when new players and below average players just dont stand a chance? im a below average player in h2 nd h3 and i can tell you it is impossible to escape a barrage of bullets and nads from far superior shooters, impossible! ever notice how any player can improve playing other fps like h4, battlefield or cod? its because we can escape and recover, rethink our strategy by using radar, footsteps, shadows. I cant do that with Ce, h2, h3.

I can relate man. I played a lot of BF3 and Reach at the same time. Playing BF3 got me better at FPS’s and once Halo 4 came around I was doing a lot better than I did in Halo 3 or Reach.

> 2533274844683829;6:
> Ugh, I’m pretty sure this has been explained many times. I’ll make it EXTREMELY simple:
>
> Unskilled players can survive in situations they shouldn’t have survived.

Seriously Desprint (meaning you can’t sprint when being shot at) would solve all your issues. No escaping using sprint, but you can still use the unlimited sprint outside of battle. That seems like a simple solution to me.

lol at people saying it is imba because you can use it to escape
its more like you can’t escape people because they sprint after you

People think any game that adds sprint is trying to mimic COD. I’m pretty sure Spartans are more capable of sprinting than some modern soldiers. It makes perfect sense.