Whats wrong with camo?

Now I hate getting killed by the camo sniper as much as the next person. And I do believe it should be an ordinance drop, similar to OS

But there is nothing worse than being killed by a camo guy when there are no blue radar jammer like dots anywhere.

What is the deal with this? Is there something I am missing, like a specialization or what?

Seems like a glitch to me, I know there have been others to experience this as well. Anyone have any ideas or answers

Yes I hate it when they are invisible but there are no blue dots around them, I believe it’s just glitcy/lag.

Though I don’t understand why the dot’s are blue. In Reach it made it harder for you to actually use radar when you activate camo.

simple, the very design of active camo encourages camping, literally, if you move, it drains faster, if you move you become vissible, if you stay perfectly still however…bam, you a ghost, and with certain power weapons that are reliant on range (aka sniper) the active camo is the go to powerup, its not something that be countered, and the addition of it being spawn loadout make it so there no skill to get it.

frnakly, it falls into “that” catagory, the catagory of choice poorly made and never should’ve been implemented.(aka slong side over power aim assist dmr, kill times cut in half for non power weapons, being able to SPAWN with a power weapon and the removal of certain arena style elements for modern first person shooter elements

> Yes I hate it when they are invisible but there are no blue dots around them, I believe it’s just glitcy/lag.
>
> Though I don’t understand why the dot’s are blue. In Reach it made it harder for you to actually use radar when you activate camo.

This.

The fact that the dots are blue instead of red is completely stupid and seem borderline useless. However, in the same token, at least you know someone is in Active Camo FOR SURE when you see them…

…if you see them, that is…

The fact that Active Camo isn’t transmitting the rest of the blue dots that it’s supposed to give off is making it a pain in the butt and it’s giving players free kills. It seriously needs to be fixed.

Any gamer who has made the choice to put INVIS in their load-out and then uses it during a game is just terrible…Unless, you’re on my Friend’s List or on my team then it’s fine, but I’ll still make fun of you for using it though.

INVIS is TERRIBLE,
-Ballz-

If you crouch with it and stay still, aren’t there supposed to be no dots?

> If you crouch with it and stay still, aren’t there supposed to be no dots?

See, this is why all Spartans should be really short. So they don’t show up on radar.

> > If you crouch with it and stay still, aren’t there supposed to be no dots?
>
> See, this is why all Spartans should be really short. So they don’t show up on radar.

I don’t like it. I get burned by it all the time. But I was told it’s how it worked. Does the OP know?

> Any gamer who has made the choice to put INVIS in their load-out and then uses it during a game is just terrible…Unless, you’re on my Friend’s List or on my team then it’s fine, but I’ll still make fun of you for using it though.
>
> INVIS is TERRIBLE,
> -Ballz-

Whoa, wait a second here. Really? Everyone on the opposing team that uses Active Camo is “just terrible”, yet your friends, who ALSO use it, aren’t “just terrible”?

Please elaborate on how that makes any sense at all.

Camo on spawn means that 343 lacked creativity on this front (same with the Boltshot). I would have preferred something else and have Camo be a power up or be in a POD. At least then there is some form of fighting for a reward instead of choosing it in a loadout.

That’s just my opinion, i’ll abuse the games’ more broken features but only to get a grasp to why don’t need to be in the game/need to be nerfed.

Just run round using the all seeing Promethean Vision. No more Invis. I’ve come across players running whilst using Invis, that doesn’t work, I’ve also run into people who are crouched absolutely still using it, that works but the fault there is mine for running blindly into them. If I could remove an armour ability it would be Promethean vision, it’s totally made crouch walking and using your brain redundant.

Between Reach and Halo 4 I’ve probably used invis in multiplayer for a total of 20 seconds. I’m pretty sure I put it on once in Reach then instantly switched. I’m almost positive I’ve never used it in Halo 4. My playstyle is to run and gun rushing for camo to have any decent use. I always used to pick it up in the original trilogy games as it served a purpose and was useful. As a loadout it’s just bad. It’s literally designed for pathetic corner campers. The only drawback for anyone else is the occasional time that the dots don’t show up on radar. When the dots are showing up camo users are just being annoying and giving themselves away. Like the PV radar scan thing. Jetpack is essentially the only thing I find worth using. What beats getting from point A to point B quicker? It’s the only AA I find myself actually using constantly rather than once every few deaths.

> Just run round using the all seeing Promethean Vision.
>
> That wont work against someone who knows what their doing like a wetwork your not gonna see them anyway because PV cant pic um up I use certain methods that allow me to do the same. And if you want to stand a chance againts one of these guys you have to trust yourGut before someone puts a knife in it. Check your 6 and corners even of you have PV. I love it when some prey scans a wall im behind asured that no one is there only to find a knife in his back moments later.
>
> Ps. I never use AC to camp with power weopons or bolt shot I am pevey to the energy sword though but my camo is only for assassination scenarios and I dont snipe at all. differns skill set buddy but having a good eye sight is your best bet to spot someone like me keep an eye out for the light being contured and reflected around the user to spot them. however spoting a camo ninja is only half the battle and something you might not survive. When I think the jig is up it userly ends with a sticky to the face of my enemy. so take care out there kids.

When you have the specialization, you are really invisible and no dots, except where you are when you move.

SPECIALIZATION MAN

i´m the ghost sniper :wink: (hmm … maybe a new gamertag lol). maybe it was me…

i use camo and sniper. everytime. i have the blue dots on the radar, but i dont look at it because i dont need to see my enemy on the radar.

> When you have the specialization, you are really invisible and no dots, except where you are when you move.
>
> SPECIALIZATION MAN

Not true. I check SR of those who are invisible with no dots.

> When you have the specialization, you are really invisible and no dots, except where you are when you move.
>
> SPECIALIZATION MAN

sorry man, i have the specialization and it does NOT take away the blue dots. the blue dots disappearing while using camo is NOT a result of lag, the wetworks specialization use, or crouching. the spread of misinformation on this needs to stop. this is an exploited glitch that needs to be fixed in the next TU.

Camo promote camping.

Camo is fine the way it is, In H2 and H3 it didnt even show up on radar which I’m sure people would have complained about if their first halo was Reach being so used to having a little cheat sheet on their radar when someone went into ac.

> Camo is fine the way it is, In H2 and H3 it didnt even show up on radar which I’m sure people would have complained about if their first halo was Reach being so used to having a little cheat sheet on their radar when someone went into ac.

Camo is not fine. Even if you think the balance is fine (which is questionable), it’s still glitched. H2 and H3 had camo power-ups, not starting ability.