Whats wrong the the competitive community

THEY LISTENED TO YOU, THEY ARE ADDING A SKILLED RAKING SYSTEM AND WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY, whining “why cant we have it in game, we got our skill ranking but we must have more” really? Why cant you guys be happy with the fact that your getting one. I am more of a casual/forger gamer but i am looking forward to having the ranking system. Why can’t you guys just say thank you and move on, if you really want to see someones rank then write down there G-tag and look it up. They ARE listening to us, i don’t know if you played the forge playlist, you will find that it feels A LOT more like halo. Just give it a chance and be patient and you will find come April when they release the skill rank system HALO 4 will feel a lot more like halo. And please note that i am not talking to ALL the competitive community, just the ones that are complaining. And i mentioned that i was a forger, do you see me complaining about it, no. I will be patient and wait for the forge update. And you know what, if they fix one thing in forge i will be happy. Why can’t you guys do the same?

Edited by Moderator - Please do not flame/attack others.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

If you don’t know why it is because you are not educated

I agree some with your post I like the ranking system coming soon but what annoys me right now is the fact that these "small maps on the game are huge mostly. A small map to me is something more like The Pit or Guardian from H3. Thats what I’m used to playing with these games and thats what I’d like to see return. Its nice seeing these forge maps coming out and possibly getting put in the game but most of the base maps for regular team slayer feel giant to me atleast.

> If you don’t know why it is because you are not educated

Excuse me, Please explain to me why i am uneducated because people like you are selfish and must have more. they are giving you a skilled rank. Why must you have more? Like i said you can just look it up on waypoint so its not like you can’t check others rank. So please explain to me why exactly i am the uneducated one here.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL funny joke 343i, who made this account?

Kevin Franklin?
David Ellis? (him,his forehead and interviews make me laugh)
Kiki Wolfkill?

Come on 343i who made this account?

> > If you don’t know why it is because you are not educated
>
> Excuse me, Please explain to me why i am uneducated because people like you are selfish and must have more. they are giving you a skilled rank. Why must you have more? Like i said you can just look it up on waypoint so its not like you can’t check others rank. So please explain to me why exactly i am the uneducated one here.

The whole idea of a competitive game is to win and be better then others, when no1 can see it what’s the point? it means nothing? They might aswel not be one atall, I mean its people like you that don’t like your feelings hurt that ruins it for the rest of us.

>

I sometimes think that… It’s like are these people for real? Or is it 343 trying to get people on there side?

> > > If you don’t know why it is because you are not educated
> >
> > Excuse me, Please explain to me why i am uneducated because people like you are selfish and must have more. they are giving you a skilled rank. Why must you have more? Like i said you can just look it up on waypoint so its not like you can’t check others rank. So please explain to me why exactly i am the uneducated one here.
>
> The whole idea of a competitive game is to win and be better then others, when no1 can see it what’s the point? it means nothing? They might aswel not be one atall, I mean its people like you that don’t like your feelings hurt that ruins it for the rest of us.

CSR is nothing more than a meaningless number attached to your card. Infact in H3 with 1-50 CSR it made almost bugger all difference. “LIAR!”, some will say but the fact is in H3 lots of CSR 50’s were bought accounts. Yes thats right, people bought accounts at CSR 50. So what is the point of a supposed CSR system if noobs are max level?

None, zero, zilch.

At the end of the day, this is a game. It is not a sport no matter how many times people say otherwise.

> > > If you don’t know why it is because you are not educated
> >
> > Excuse me, Please explain to me why i am uneducated because people like you are selfish and must have more. they are giving you a skilled rank. Why must you have more? Like i said you can just look it up on waypoint so its not like you can’t check others rank. So please explain to me why exactly i am the uneducated one here.
>
> The whole idea of a competitive game is to win and be better then others, when no1 can see it what’s the point? it means nothing? They might aswel not be one atall, I mean its people like you that don’t like your feelings hurt that ruins it for the rest of us.

Uh, Can you not win and be better then others if your rank is on the computer? And people can see your rank if they look you up on the computer, and your wrong by the fact that if you have a low rank then work to be better or if you have a higher one then don’t get worse. You don’t have to know someones rank to get your rank higher. Just play better and YOUR rank will go up. and didn’t they say you get matched up with people around your skill, so obviously you don’t need to know there rank because it will be close to yours.

> THEY LISTENED TO YOU, THEY ARE ADDING A SKILLED RAKING SYSTEM AND WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY, whining “why cant we have it in game, we got our skill ranking but we must have more” really? Why cant you guys be happy with the fact that your getting one. I am more of a casual/forger gamer but i am looking forward to having the ranking system. Why can’t you guys just say thank you and move on, if you really want to see someones rank then write down there G-tag and look it up. They ARE listening to us, i don’t know if you played the forge playlist, you will find that it feels A LOT more like halo. Just give it a chance and be patient and you will find come April when they release the skill rank system HALO 4 will feel a lot more like halo. And please note that i am not talking to ALL the competitive community, just the ones that are complaining. And i mentioned that i was a forger, do you see me complaining about it, no. I will be patient and wait for the forge update. And you know what, if they fix one thing in forge i will be happy. Why can’t you guys do the same?

To be fair we have no idea what we have yet. They gave us a list of things to expect, and they left out some important key details that are very important to the competitive player base, such as the spawn system, and whether or not the playlist will be based off of win, loss, or an alternative method.

To be perfectly honest I do agree that there are too many people complaining, and not nearly enough people coming together to achieve a common goal, and compromise for the best outcome when it comes to the competitive communities cause.

We also have a right to complain to an extent, those of us who have played ranked playlists day in, and day out know what we want, know what is needed to fix certain issues, and what isn’t feasible as well, and the developers are not in a position to say what is best alternative for the competitive community, because they are quite frankly not part of, nor have they ever been part of that community, and have slighted most of us by talking things away we enjoy, and replacing them with nearly nothing worthy as a successor.

They can talk about boosters, cheaters, and etc. all they want, but none of that warrants a good enough excuse to remove something we all care about, and you can ask any competitive player and they will tell you that they are more than willing to deal with all of that to have a VIGR, and on top of that anyone who played ranked playlists consistently understands that boosters, and cheaters barely impede with progress to the point where you can’t achieve the highest rank. (I achieved every 50, and Arena top 1% playing by myself dealing with boosters, and cheaters during my endeavors, and they never stopped me from making it so in the end it’s just a bad excuse)

The real reason ranks are gone from the game is because people were bashed for not being able to obtain the highest level, and others were simply frustrated that they could not attain the highest tier as well. So to appease the core demographic ranks were removed.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not flame/attack others.

> > > > If you don’t know why it is because you are not educated
> > >
> > > Excuse me, Please explain to me why i am uneducated because people like you are selfish and must have more. they are giving you a skilled rank. Why must you have more? Like i said you can just look it up on waypoint so its not like you can’t check others rank. So please explain to me why exactly i am the uneducated one here.
> >
> > The whole idea of a competitive game is to win and be better then others, when no1 can see it what’s the point? it means nothing? They might aswel not be one atall, I mean its people like you that don’t like your feelings hurt that ruins it for the rest of us.
>
> CSR is nothing more than a meaningless number attached to your card. Infact in H3 with 1-50 CSR it made almost bugger all difference. “LIAR!”, some will say but the fact is in H3 lots of CSR 50’s were bought accounts. Yes thats right, people bought accounts at CSR 50. So what is the point of a supposed CSR system if noobs are max level?
>
> None, zero, zilch.
>
> At the end of the day, this is a game. It is not a sport no matter how many times people say otherwise.

I was right… You are clearly uneducated, for a start it was an eSport until not too long ago… And yes it does matter… Infact it’s the only thing that matters, it is the only measure of true skill all SR means is they play a lot, KD means little, if you don’t care THAT much then why do you even care if it is visible? And so what if people baught accounts and boosted? Only a small portion of loosers buy account’s and a good banhammer could solve boosters to the point people didn’t care (why people do is beyond me) SR is worthless, sometimes I come against a SR130 and wipe the floor with him because all he’s done is boost or simply play a lot where as a might come against a SR20 who wipes the floor with me… If I see a 50 Highest skill I know he’s good (yes he may not be but some
Measure of skill despite its flaws is better then none) I see a SR130 I don’t bat an eye-lid

Eh, I’m pretty content with the new changes. My only issue (not really issue, but concern) is the timed ordnance drops. They might be just fine . . . but they might still be a problem. We’ll see. Overall, I’m glad with what they did. As for the ranking system being on a computer rather than in-game. It will just weed out the competitives from the vanity players. Those who play to win and reach their goal with be fulfilled (they can check their rank). Those who play to brag and show-off will suffer.

I’m not gonna say thank you just yet because the playlist may still have problems (could be just like reach) but I’m glad they’re doing this.

> > > > If you don’t know why it is because you are not educated
> > >
> > > Excuse me, Please explain to me why i am uneducated because people like you are selfish and must have more. they are giving you a skilled rank. Why must you have more? Like i said you can just look it up on waypoint so its not like you can’t check others rank. So please explain to me why exactly i am the uneducated one here.
> >
> > The whole idea of a competitive game is to win and be better then others, when no1 can see it what’s the point? it means nothing? They might aswel not be one atall, I mean its people like you that don’t like your feelings hurt that ruins it for the rest of us.
>
> CSR is nothing more than a meaningless number attached to your card. Infact in H3 with 1-50 CSR it made almost bugger all difference. “LIAR!”, some will say but the fact is in H3 lots of CSR 50’s were bought accounts. Yes thats right, people bought accounts at CSR 50. So what is the point of a supposed CSR system if noobs are max level?
>
> None, zero, zilch.
>
> At the end of the day, this is a game. It is not a sport no matter how many times people say otherwise.

This.

How many accounts in Halo 3 were boosted, bought or people on second accounts? The truth is, a lot of people who cared about rank weren’t very good at earning it fairly. I’m glad to see the back of competitive ranking, as it just encourages negative behaviour and poor sportsmanship (I use that term loosely because, well, video games shouldn’t be taken too seriously.)

Skill Ranking is pointless in an about skill-less game.

But, of course, that actually depends on the settings of the playlists and whether or not 343i will nerf the DMR and Boltshot.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not make nonconstructive posts.

> > > > > If you don’t know why it is because you are not educated
> > > >
> > > > Excuse me, Please explain to me why i am uneducated because people like you are selfish and must have more. they are giving you a skilled rank. Why must you have more? Like i said you can just look it up on waypoint so its not like you can’t check others rank. So please explain to me why exactly i am the uneducated one here.
> > >
> > > The whole idea of a competitive game is to win and be better then others, when no1 can see it what’s the point? it means nothing? They might aswel not be one atall, I mean its people like you that don’t like your feelings hurt that ruins it for the rest of us.
> >
> > CSR is nothing more than a meaningless number attached to your card. Infact in H3 with 1-50 CSR it made almost bugger all difference. “LIAR!”, some will say but the fact is in H3 lots of CSR 50’s were bought accounts. Yes thats right, people bought accounts at CSR 50. So what is the point of a supposed CSR system if noobs are max level?
> >
> > None, zero, zilch.
> >
> > At the end of the day, this is a game. It is not a sport no matter how many times people say otherwise.
>
> I was right… You are clearly uneducated, for a start it was an eSport until not too long ago… And yes it does matter… Infact it’s the only thing that matters, it is the only measure of true skill all SR means is they play a lot, KD means little, if you don’t care THAT much then why do you even care if it is visible? And so what if people baught accounts and boosted? Only a small portion of loosers buy account’s and a good banhammer could solve boosters to the point people didn’t care (why people do is beyond me) SR is worthless, sometimes I come against a SR130 and wipe the floor with him because all he’s done is boost or simply play a lot where as a might come against a SR20 who wipes the floor with me… If I see a 50 Highest skill I know he’s good (yes he may not be but some
> Measure of skill despite its flaws is better then none) I see a SR130 I don’t bat an eye-lid

Lol @ calling me uneducated when you yourself can’t even do punctuation properly, nor form a coherant paragraph.

eSports are a joke. It is not a sport no matter how many times nerds say otherwise. Sport involves physical activity. Sitting on your -Yoink- playing a computer game is not a sports activity.

Sport - noun

An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

As for visibility, its just an excuse for trolls to belittle other players for not having the same rank. It is the same moronic mentality as seen in games like WoW were players are harrased and insulted for not having the latest uber-gear and are then kicked from matches for not meeting some idiotic criteria set by a fool.

You want to see ranks? Go look on smartglass, the web or the xbox app. Otherwise, it makes ZERO difference to the outcome of the match.

> > THEY LISTENED TO YOU, THEY ARE ADDING A SKILLED RAKING SYSTEM AND WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY, whining “why cant we have it in game, we got our skill ranking but we must have more” really? Why cant you guys be happy with the fact that your getting one. I am more of a casual/forger gamer but i am looking forward to having the ranking system. Why can’t you guys just say thank you and move on, if you really want to see someones rank then write down there G-tag and look it up. They ARE listening to us, i don’t know if you played the forge playlist, you will find that it feels A LOT more like halo. Just give it a chance and be patient and you will find come April when they release the skill rank system HALO 4 will feel a lot more like halo. And please note that i am not talking to ALL the competitive community, just the ones that are complaining. And i mentioned that i was a forger, do you see me complaining about it, no. I will be patient and wait for the forge update. And you know what, if they fix one thing in forge i will be happy. Why can’t you guys do the same?
>
> To be fair we have no idea what we have yet. They gave us a list of things to expect, and they left out some important key details that are very important to the competitive player base, such as the spawn system, and whether or not the playlist will be based off of win, loss, or an alternative method.
>
> To be perfectly honest I do agree that there are too many people complaining, and not nearly enough people coming together to achieve a common goal, and compromise for the best outcome when it comes to the competitive communities cause.
>
> We also have a right to complain to an extent, those of us who have played ranked playlists day in, and day out know what we want, know what is needed to fix certain issues, and what isn’t feasible as well, and the developers are not in a position to say what is best alternative for the competitive community, because they are quite frankly not part of, nor have they ever been part of that community, and have slighted most of us by talking things away we enjoy, and replacing them with nearly nothing worthy as a successor.
>
> They can talk about boosters, cheaters, and etc. all they want, but none of that warrants a good enough excuse to remove something we all care about, and you can ask any competitive player and they will tell you that they are more than willing to deal with all of that to have a VIGR, and on top of that anyone who played ranked playlists consistently understands that boosters, and cheaters barely impede with progress to the point where you can’t achieve the highest rank. (I achieved every 50, and Arena top 1% playing by myself dealing with boosters, and cheaters during my endeavors, and they never stopped me from making it so in the end it’s just a bad excuse)
>
> <mark>The real reason ranks are gone from the game is because people were bashed for not being able to obtain the highest level, and others were simply frustrated that they could not attain the highest tier as well. So to appease the core demographic ranks were removed.</mark>

Ranks weren’t removed, they are just not visible from the game. That is the only thing i am arguing here. I know they haven’t showed you any real details about it but that is not why i created this thread. I admit i was mad at the devs when they took so long to give us forge info. but when they told us i wasn’t raging asking for more. I waited to see how it plays out and there are a lot of people who can agree with me that it needs an update. But i am being patient. I will wait for my turn. So basically what i am saying is just wait and see how it works then if you don’t like it then chances are a lot of people won’t like it and they will fix it. Just be patient your time will come and you will see that this game is good.

> If you don’t know why it is because you are not educated

I think you just proved point. I see no point in being rude and belittling to people that are asking valid questions. Instead of making crass comments you could have just given your perspective instead of adding to the fuel that competitive players are self-absorbed childish players that fail to see the larger picture. With the exception of a few video games, video games do not exist and are not created solely for competitive players. They do not exist to please only you because there are a lot more casual gamers than there are cometitive players.

Who is actually gonna look up another person on waypoint though? I bet very few and certainly not often

> Who is actually gonna look up another person on waypoint though? I bet very few and certainly not often

Smart glass, as far as I am aware allows you to look at ranks without going anywhere.

> > If you don’t know why it is because you are not educated
>
> I think you just proved point. I see no point in being rude and belittling to people that are asking valid questions. Instead of making crass comments you could have just given your perspective instead of adding to the fuel that competitive players are self-absorbed childish players that fail to see the larger picture. With the exception of a few video games, video games do not exist and are not created solely for competitive players. They do not exist to please only you because there are a lot more casual gamers than there are cometitive players.

I am not self-absorbed, I do see the bigger picture it is you that does not, there is SO MUCH in the argument for visible ranks… What is there against visible ranking? You people have one retort and that is ‘does it matter, is it really important though etc…’ WELL IF IT DOEST MATTER WHY NOT JUST GIVE IT TO US??? And I am sorry for calling him uneducated i just don’t believe some casual players fully understand the ins and outs