What's with Warzone Assault becoming so one sided?

And not just Spartan Companies boosting commendations and spawn killing the opposing random team. I mean I have been playing WZA for about like 10 matches and i noticed the matches are quick even with all randoms. 1 team is completely dominating the other. either Defense is winning against Offense at base 1, or Assault team just smashes in and blows through bases 1 n 2 and downs the 3 lit it was nothing. i even left 2 times to make sure i didn’t get in the same lobby but same thing happened. Either we were easily dominating or easily losing like there was no problem for the dominating team 1 bit. The only time was the last game and we were dominating and than the game did it’s stupid glitch were it kept spawning Assault team all the way back at base 1 so to get to base 3 on Escape the Arc it takes 15 to 20 seconds to run back in giving the defense some advantage so we lost when it had 10% health left. if the spawn didn’t break, where it usually spawns us a little past base 2, we actually would have won that too with no difficulty either. what’s up with that? its like one team it really trying hard n the other isn’t trying at all. is the balancing broken. the thing is I’m playing with the same people but we are switching around so its all randoms but sometimes we are either completely dominating or completely losing. there is no offence team getting stopped at base 2 or defense winning at base 2 or at least getting to 3 minutes in before falling back. it was like no challenge at all. It would be like football if the other team, after ball is hiked, that 1 team just says “go right on through we won;t stop you.” even when i was on the losing team and getting some kills it was like if i died even 1 time, by the time i respawned we would already lose the base by the time i got back in or vice versa. why is it being less challenging? is the loadouts or something contributing to this. like the newer better req unlocks getting unlocked by more people making it so it becomes who ever starts getting the good stuff first just completely overtakes the other team? That’s how it feels.

Warzone have always been unbalanced.

> 2535464169630092;2:
> Warzone have always been unbalanced.

not really. in the beginning there was lots of times we stopped enemies at bases 2 n 3 and other times we had heavy fighting n even lost at base 2 on offense. now its either the fight never gets past base 1 or by 3-5 min in we are already at base 3.

WZA has been like this for me since the start. You do get games mixed in that are very close and nail biting finishes, but for the majority of my matches, it’s usually one sided.

Could be a lot of people half -Yoink- it in a sense. The faster the game is over, the more req points they’ll get over time. Some could also be burned out on trying. I play just to play now, I used to get mad and upset at teammates when the game first came out but now I’ve played so many games I have the mindset that I don’t care if we lose anymore.

WZA is the mode with higher time/RP rate.

It is normal that is populated by teams of grinders

> 2533274800383882;4:
> WZA has been like this for me since the start. You do get games mixed in that are very close and nail biting finishes, but for the majority of my matches, it’s usually one sided.

Oh my gosh I’ve been gone for a week and looky who’s a monitor now. Congratz.

I agree, most game aren’t close, I’ll get one here and there however.

> 2533274923562209;7:
> > 2533274800383882;4:
> > WZA has been like this for me since the start. You do get games mixed in that are very close and nail biting finishes, but for the majority of my matches, it’s usually one sided.
>
>
> Oh my gosh I’ve been gone for a week and looky who’s a monitor now. Congratz.
>
> I agree, most game aren’t close, I’ll get one here and there however.

My god I didn’t even notice and I’ve posted in a few other threads he’s commented on these past few days… Congrats on the promotion dude!

Most of the time I encounter this problem is Urban or Array, Summit and whatever Assault’s ARC is called seem to be the Red team being able to stop the enemy. Guess it’s just down to the players on the teams and how they play.

> 2533274800383882;4:
> WZA has been like this for me since the start. You do get games mixed in that are very close and nail biting finishes, but for the majority of my matches, it’s usually one sided.

i haven’t notice this obvious til after SCs started boosting farmville killing and than even with randoms the game is even 1 sided. I’m starting to think a good way to fix this so it’s not so easy is maybe make some mathematical changes and add an average mode and whatever the mode levels are at, it will take the lower average and boost the lower players, regardless of side, so the fights dont end up like level 6+ again level 2s n 3s because that seems to happen way too often now. matches where it is nail biting wouldn’t be affected but say the other team is hugely just almost all are level 7s n up. well til will increase the other team to level 5 if they are getting walked all over after a certain amount of time and so they can give a better ability to fight back. i know some would be bothered by lower req level players getting a boost up but this might make the fights not feel like a walk over. i hate matches that are like 5 min or less. it takes longer to find players n start a match n load it than it takes to play it now most times it seems. i want to feel like each base was actually fought over and not “oh hear take our base, we won’t even bother to fight” and the match ends with like less that 4 kills and we win. I should be seeing more double digits. its either the req level or the spawns are just too slow sometimes i feel. idk but its yawning to play. before when i was getting challenged it was nice because both sides were like getting to level 7s n up each and both sides were bringing out tanks n banshees to take the last base, now a few ghosts, mongooses, n warthogs but thats it. it’s lucky to see a wraith or banshee if its not SC team boosting on one side.

> 2533274854871025;6:
> WZA is the mode with higher time/RP rate.
>
> It is normal that is populated by teams of grinders

if thats the reason, that sucks. and thats just more proof of why i hate unlocks, achievements, commendations, etc. if none of that existed. i bet people would play to get higher reqs n get better vehicles and weapons out and see more action. all this boosting n grinding and farming is killing any fun out of it. Thank you WOW for popularizing grinding in videogames so that people pla more for the grind than afterwards, after they complete everything, they burn out and stop playing rather than just play for fun with everything available.

> 2533274800383882;4:

And for myself.

It’s either by the volume of games, but mostly, playing in large teams matching large teams that the close games I’ve seen happen DO happen.

I love the base mechanics, I love the MOBA-FPS mash up of WZ/WZA… But the over-under experience of the matchmaking with the lather-rinse-repeat of the gameplay has worn me thin );

> 2533274923562209;7:
> > 2533274800383882;4:
> > WZA has been like this for me since the start. You do get games mixed in that are very close and nail biting finishes, but for the majority of my matches, it’s usually one sided.
>
>
> Oh my gosh I’ve been gone for a week and looky who’s a monitor now. Congratz.
>
> I agree, most game aren’t close, I’ll get one here and there however.

Haha! Thanks, much appreciated.

> 2533274883849234;8:
> > 2533274923562209;7:
> > > 2533274800383882;4:
> > > WZA has been like this for me since the start. You do get games mixed in that are very close and nail biting finishes, but for the majority of my matches, it’s usually one sided.
> >
> >
> > Oh my gosh I’ve been gone for a week and looky who’s a monitor now. Congratz.
> >
> > I agree, most game aren’t close, I’ll get one here and there however.
>
>
> My god I didn’t even notice and I’ve posted in a few other threads he’s commented on these past few days… Congrats on the promotion dude!
>
> Most of the time I encounter this problem is Urban or Array, Summit and whatever Assault’s ARC is called seem to be the Red team being able to stop the enemy. Guess it’s just down to the players on the teams and how they play.

: ) Thank you!

> 2533274800212919;9:
> > 2533274800383882;4:
>
>
> i haven’t notice this obvious til after SCs started boosting farmville killing and than even with randoms the game is even 1 sided. I’m starting to think a good way to fix this so it’s not so easy is maybe make some mathematical changes and add an average mode and whatever the mode levels are at, it will take the lower average and boost the lower players, regardless of side, so the fights dont end up like level 6+ again level 2s n 3s because that seems to happen way too often now. matches where it is nail biting wouldn’t be affected but say the other team is hugely just almost all are level 7s n up. well til will increase the other team to level 5 if they are getting walked all over after a certain amount of time and so they can give a better ability to fight back. i know some would be bothered by lower req level players getting a boost up but this might make the fights not feel like a walk over. i hate matches that are like 5 min or less. it takes longer to find players n start a match n load it than it takes to play it now most times it seems. i want to feel like each base was actually fought over and not “oh hear take our base, we won’t even bother to fight” and the match ends with like less that 4 kills and we win. I should be seeing more double digits. its either the req level or the spawns are just too slow sometimes i feel. idk but its yawning to play. before when i was getting challenged it was nice because both sides were like getting to level 7s n up each and both sides were bringing out tanks n banshees to take the last base, now a few ghosts, mongooses, n warthogs but thats it. it’s lucky to see a wraith or banshee if its not SC team boosting on one side.

Actually, the REQ leveling system is much better now than it was when the game first launched. You get higher level as a team, but you still progress faster than your teammates if you are doing much better.

As people understand WZA more, the more strategies are created, which is why you are seeing faster games. To me WZA is not meant to get to high level Reqs if you are on offense. You want to swiftly take over the bases so the defending team has the lowest REQ level possible. Once the Defending team get’s to the 7 REQ level, it’s very hard to destroy the core if you are on offense.

> 2533274800383882;13:
> > 2533274800212919;9:
> > > 2533274800383882;4:
> > > WZA has been like this for me since the start. You do get games mixed in that are very close and nail biting finishes, but for the majority of my matches, it’s usually one sided.
> >
> >
> > i haven’t notice this obvious til after SCs started boosting farmville killing and than even with randoms the game is even 1 sided. I’m starting to think a good way to fix this so it’s not so easy is maybe make some mathematical changes and add an average mode and whatever the mode levels are at, it will take the lower average and boost the lower players, regardless of side, so the fights dont end up like level 6+ again level 2s n 3s because that seems to happen way too often now. matches where it is nail biting wouldn’t be affected but say the other team is hugely just almost all are level 7s n up. well til will increase the other team to level 5 if they are getting walked all over after a certain amount of time and so they can give a better ability to fight back. i know some would be bothered by lower req level players getting a boost up but this might make the fights not feel like a walk over. i hate matches that are like 5 min or less. it takes longer to find players n start a match n load it than it takes to play it now most times it seems. i want to feel like each base was actually fought over and not “oh hear take our base, we won’t even bother to fight” and the match ends with like less that 4 kills and we win. I should be seeing more double digits. its either the req level or the spawns are just too slow sometimes i feel. idk but its yawning to play. before when i was getting challenged it was nice because both sides were like getting to level 7s n up each and both sides were bringing out tanks n banshees to take the last base, now a few ghosts, mongooses, n warthogs but thats it. it’s lucky to see a wraith or banshee if its not SC team boosting on one side.
>
>
> Actually, the REQ leveling system is much better now than it was when the game first launched. You get higher level as a team, but you still progress faster than your teammates if you are doing much better.
>
> As people understand WZA more, the more strategies are created, which is why you are seeing faster games. To me WZA is not meant to get to high level Reqs if you are on offense. You want to swiftly take over the bases so the defending team has the lowest REQ level possible. Once the Defending team get’s to the 7 REQ level, it’s very hard to destroy the core if you are on offense.

if it wasnt meant to be high level req, why bother showing Phaetons in WZA. and lets be honest with each other. randoms aren’t strategist or coming up with tactics in WZA. in the matches i was playing where we were walking all over the enemy Defense, we weren’t communicating. it was just utter just rush in and shoot. Let’s not pretend on that part that there was strategy involved. I’m more incline to believe people just wanted to get the game over with faster to get more req points as one person said. too many farmers n grinders in this game. Thanks you commendations n unlocks, we couldn’t do it without you.

And as i said before it was a walk over. there was no base 3 defense that was super for Defensive Team. the last match, in which Defense won, was because we were getting spawn back to the beginning of the map for some lame reason so it took 20 second each time for us to get back to where the base 3 was vs the defense was still spawning at the same usual less than 5 second away spawn. this was just plain walking over the team, no fight in it. They really shouldn’t have had unlocks n commendations. people wouldnt play to grind n farm, but rather play to have fun and/or win. not to get the match over with soon as possible. you never saw halo 2/3 where players were like “okay you guys let the enemy team beat us so we can get this over with as soon as possible.” but with the whole 1200-1400 req points a match in WZA for a 6 min game they will boost for that by intentionally losing.