Whats with the new slayer maps?

Whats your opinion on the new slayer maps: riptide and molten?
I myself dont really like them for several reasons. i just wanned to see if the community agrees with me

I’ve gotten used to riptide but molten I can do without.

They dont feel that different to any other Halo 5 maps. All of them feel like squares with an up and a down. Theres not enough different flavour and design to really say they are completely unique from each other.
It would be good for them to bring in some more inspired maps with different shapes and structural design. Thats what made maps like Ascension and Lockout stand out so much for people in the other Halo games.

It’d also be great for there to be more maps which arent Big Team Battle maps but are a bit more open than the grenade fest maps currently in Arena. I remember Zanzibar from Halo 2 was a really great mid scale map for objective game types. I’d like to see more like that in Team Arena for sure.

I’m not a fan of them, but I also don’t really mind them. Molten can be fun though.

Both maps blow. They’re poorly designed and favor one team over the other in terms of spawning

To me, a map is a map. There are some I like more than other but look at it like this. If we didn’t have those open maps, the cqc maps, and those which are mixed, the gameplay on H5 would be bland and boring. Switching it up as far as maps go, making you use different strategies and tactics. I like that. That’s why CoD sucks for me. Its all the same and every new game they make sucks more. I’ve liked halo for the longest time. I’m pretty pleased with what’s going on.

1st run on Molton yesterday, It freaked me out. But after 2 or 3 killed I kind of got an idea where to run.
IMO: this map is too big both team always go to the same spot to get kill or killed (may be both new to the map).

most of the maps on halo 5 seem to blend together. for the most part they all seem like the same map. riptide is ok once you get used to all the routes and rooms. Molten seems like poor design. once people got used to the map there were only two locations they would go to. either the sniper spawn so they could control the map or the control room to counter snipe those who are controlling the map. no one ever uses the lower portion of the map except to spawn, which is such a waste of space.

I like riptide alot but I always have bad experiences on molten

> 2535416874969973;2:
> I’ve gotten used to riptide but molten I can do without.

I always dashboard when I see it… I loved Pegasus

WHY WAS IT REMOVED???!!!

> 2535441687762024;10:
> > 2535416874969973;2:
> > I’ve gotten used to riptide but molten I can do without.
>
>
> I always dashboard when I see it… I loved Pegasus
>
> WHY WAS IT REMOVED???!!!

I was wondering what happened to Pegasus loved that map.

I thought this might be about integration of Forge maps? These were normal content drop maps from 343.

Riptide - comes up a lot in TS and FFA and ends up being dominated by Storm Rifles

Molten - I don’t mind the flow of this map (no pun intended) - good placement of weapons. Might benefit from Rockets or Incineration Cannon. Brute Plasma Rifle really has an impact in FFA

Both have an interesting verticle dynamic, they feel standard to halo 5

> 2535441687762024;10:
> > 2535416874969973;2:
> > I’ve gotten used to riptide but molten I can do without.
>
>
> I always dashboard when I see it… I loved Pegasus
>
> WHY WAS IT REMOVED???!!!

Yes -Yoink!-, where is it?!

My only complaint is with using the on disc maps as templates for most of the new maps. For instance, Molten is a remixed version of The Rig, Riptide a remix of Fathom, Overgrowth a remix of Plaza, Stasis a remix of the less new Torque, etc… Sure they are different enough to feel new, but it has always felt like deceptive marketing to mention new maps for free when they are mostly rebuilds.

Don’t get me wrong, I love remade maps, but you can only remake a map once we know people love it and it has a nostalgia factor, at least one franchise installment old.

To me, the Halo 5 map that has potential to become a franchise classic is Coliseum.

Bungee maps are way better. They should just outsource the rest of the dlc to that company who did the last two halo maps for halo 2 and all of the halo 2 remastered maps. Sorry forget their name right now.