What's with the gold ranger?

I know some of u have already seen him. His name is sopposedly bob and at the end of the lone wolf mission, if your taking too long, he’ll kill u.

Oh, I didn’t know there was one on that mission. How long must you take to be killed by him/it?

The gold Elites scattered throughout Reach for various reasons are really fun easter eggs. I didn’t know there was one at the end, though!

BoB is in e set single level, and is difficult to kill. If you kill him though there is no reward for it.

I guess Bungie just wanted to have Bob in there for laughs.

In all but two campaigns he’s a gold ranger. In Exodus he’s an empty banshee, and in ONI sword base he’s a completely white elite with random armor.

i donk think his name its actually bob but he is a bob (born on bored) but as far as they go i knew there was one on each lv but didnt know there was one that popped up on that mission as i never last more than a few minutes as i get bored,

BOB!!!

> 2535448409930004;1:
> I know some of u have already seen him. His name is sopposedly bob and at the end of the lone wolf mission, if your taking too long, he’ll kill u.

BOB (Born on Board) Elites used to be accounted for on the B.net website via site medal for how many you killed called ‘Seek and Destroy’ , so it used to be a fun Bungie themed mini challenge if you will to see how many you killed compared to friends (Which ‘Seek and Destroy’ can be a reference to the song by Metallica) . They are supposed to spawn only if you have an internet connection to LIVE, though in one instance, I did have one spawn on Lone Wolf while being offline, so either my game glitched or this is discredited.

Bungie created them as a reference to their Marathon game series where all encountered human NPC characters are referred to as 'BOB’s. In Reach sometimes, BOBs will spawn with Armor Lock and may use it if they have it, and are kind of glitched as in the Post Game Carnage Report of a Campaign Mission on Reach they count towards the ‘Elite Light Vehicle’ kill. One of Bungie’s quirky, yet fun Easter Eggs that have no connection to Reach’s Canon.

On a fun side note, there is a unique BOB referred to as ‘Bill’ with Copper armor and Active Camo on Winter Contigency at the beginning of the mission if you are playing on Legendary difficulty. Killing him will cause him to drop a data pad, and will count toward the now defunct ‘Seek and Destroy’ B.net site medal and will count as an ‘Elite Light Vehicle Kill’.

Also, the Banshee BOB on New Alexandria is the only BOB Elite that is not counted as an ‘Elite Light Vehicle’ kill, but rather a standard Banshee kill (Not hinting at it being a BOB kill) and would not add to the now defunct ‘Seek and Destroy’ B.net site medal.

> 2533274898831741;8:
> > 2535448409930004;1:
> > I know some of u have already seen him. His name is sopposedly bob and at the end of the lone wolf mission, if your taking too long, he’ll kill u.
>
> BOB (Born on Board) Elites used to be accounted for on the B.net website via site medal for how many you killed called ‘Seek and Destroy’ , so it used to be a fun Bungie themed mini challenge if you will to see how many you killed compared to friends (Which ‘Seek and Destroy’ can be a reference to the song by Metallica) . They are supposed to spawn only if you have an internet connection to LIVE, though in one instance, I did have one spawn on Lone Wolf while being offline, so either my game glitched or this is discredited.
>
> Bungie created them as a reference to their Marathon game series where all encountered human NPC characters are referred to as 'BOB’s. In Reach sometimes, BOBs will spawn with Armor Lock and may use it if they have it, and are kind of glitched as in the Post Game Carnage Report of a Campaign Mission on Reach they count towards the ‘Elite Light Vehicle’ kill. One of Bungie’s quirky, yet fun Easter Eggs that have no connection to Reach’s Canon.
>
> On a fun side note, there is a unique BOB referred to as ‘Bill’ with Copper armor and Active Camo on Winter Contigency at the beginning of the mission if you are playing on Legendary difficulty. Killing him will cause him to drop a data pad, and will count toward the now defunct ‘Seek and Destroy’ B.net site medal and will count as an ‘Elite Light Vehicle Kill’.
>
> Also, the Banshee BOB on New Alexandria is the only BOB Elite that is not counted as an ‘Elite Light Vehicle’ kill, but rather a standard Banshee kill (Not hinting at it being a BOB kill) and would not add to the now defunct ‘Seek and Destroy’ B.net site medal.

Interesting, I guess I’ll have to kill 'im on da contingency.

There are actually some Daily Challenges centered around killing a Gold (BoB) Elite in Campaign that is worth a rather hefty amount of CR. There is a way to do this in like 30 seconds. All you have to do is start the first mission at the checkpoint where you, Carter, and Jorge get in that civilian vehicle. You follow a set of pathways…mostly taking all the ones that go right and you can get to the BoB Elite and run him over.

> 2533274946078881;10:
> There are actually some Daily Challenges centered around killing a Gold (BoB) Elite in Campaign that is worth a rather hefty amount of CR. There is a way to do this in like 30 seconds. All you have to do is start the first mission at the checkpoint where you, Carter, and Jorge get in that civilian vehicle. You follow a set of pathways…mostly taking all the ones that go right and you can get to the BoB Elite and run him over.

Nice. I’m gonna have to ask u directions.

> 2535448409930004;11:
> > 2533274946078881;10:
> > There are actually some Daily Challenges centered around killing a Gold (BoB) Elite in Campaign that is worth a rather hefty amount of CR. There is a way to do this in like 30 seconds. All you have to do is start the first mission at the checkpoint where you, Carter, and Jorge get in that civilian vehicle. You follow a set of pathways…mostly taking all the ones that go right and you can get to the BoB Elite and run him over.
>
> Nice. I’m gonna have to ask u directions.

Bob is fun to kill.

> 2533274925370623;13:
> Bob is fun to kill.

Agreed, especially when it can net you a couple thousand cR.

I have never een or heard of BOB before… Interesting… I must now investigate this! Thanx for the reson to dust off my old Reach game.

> 2535414041828986;15:
> I have never een or heard of BOB before… Interesting… I must now investigate this! Thanx for the reson to dust off my old Reach game.

Yea, they are pretty much in every level…though they aren’t always gold. In, I think Long Night of Solace (the mission you solo with Jun) he is white elite ultra. And in New Alexandria (the level where you fly the falcon all over the city at night) the BoB elite is in a special banshee that doesn’t shoot and just boosts across the entire map. Like every other level, BoB elite shows up as a Golden Ranger elite with a blue visor that will spawn for a short amount of time that will eventually despawn if not killed in enough time.

Only Sword Base have a white BoB with a random armor.

They always spawn at one of the possible locations, one in Tip of the Spear require a huge out-of-bounds because when the BoB spawn, the location of that spawn point isn’t loaded and the BoB is killed as soon he is created, the player need to bypass the trigger and load the area before. That one have a very short path before he disappears but there is a lot of chance he try to take the Warthog’s turret if there is an opportunity, he doesn’t disappears if a such thing happen.

> 2533274946078881;12:
> > 2535448409930004;11:
> > > 2533274946078881;10:
> > > There are actually some Daily Challenges centered around killing a Gold (BoB) Elite in Campaign that is worth a rather hefty amount of CR. There is a way to do this in like 30 seconds. All you have to do is start the first mission at the checkpoint where you, Carter, and Jorge get in that civilian vehicle. You follow a set of pathways…mostly taking all the ones that go right and you can get to the BoB Elite and run him over.
> >
> > Nice. I’m gonna have to ask u directions.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghS32VN0mxU

Thx!

> 2535448409930004;1:
> I know some of u have already seen him. His name is sopposedly bob and at the end of the lone wolf mission, if your taking too long, he’ll kill u.

its not that if you’re taking too long, he just shows up as an Easter egg, you’re meant to find him, he’s the target of a lot of challenges.

There is also a challenge in which during Mission 08 - New Alexandria, a Gold Bob flies by in a banshee. Look for a video on YouTube on how to find him. I think he takes three different routes at certain moments in this mission. If I am not mistaken, you have to be playing on Legendary for him to show up. Good Hunting.