What's with the Elites?

I have played through the campaign many times, but there is still one thing I still do not understand. Why there are dead Elites everywhere. And throughout the campaign, you ONLY fight Brutes. Where are the Elites? I have not played Halo 3 yet, but I just KNOW it has some kind of a connection.

You played Halo 2 yes? The brutes killed all the elites by the orders of the prophets, and the Brutes replaced the elites as their main infantry. That is why their corpses are around.

you mean that you havent played halo 3 yet dude you dont know what youve been missing

> you mean that you havent played halo 3 yet dude you dont know what youve been missing

I know! I gonna get it over this Christmas. Can get it at Best But for $7.99 :smiley:

> I have played through the campaign many times, but there is still one thing I still do not understand. Why there are dead Elites everywhere. And throughout the campaign, you ONLY fight Brutes. Where are the Elites? I have not played Halo 3 yet, but I just KNOW it has some kind of a connection.

SPOILERS

ODST starts right after the In Amber Clad follows the Prophet of Regret’s Carrier through slipspace in Halo 2. After Regret’s forces leave Earth, the Prophet of Truth sends in Brute-led armadas to hold Earth until he can arrive to search for the Ark. This is part of the Great Schism, when Brutes replace and kill Elites in the Covenant hierarchy. The Brutes were ordered to kill all remaining Elites on Earth, hence the dead Elites everywhere.

The brutes were ordered to kill all the elites

> I have played through the campaign many times, but there is still one thing I still do not understand. Why there are dead Elites everywhere. And throughout the campaign, you ONLY fight Brutes. Where are the Elites? <mark>I have not played Halo 3 yet</mark>, but I just KNOW it has some kind of a connection.

I bet you haven’t played Halo 2 either, because both Halo 2 and/or Halo 3 will explain it.

> > I have played through the campaign many times, but there is still one thing I still do not understand. Why there are dead Elites everywhere. And throughout the campaign, you ONLY fight Brutes. Where are the Elites? I have not played Halo 3 yet, but I just KNOW it has some kind of a connection.
>
> SPOILERS
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ODST starts right after the In Amber Clad follows the Prophet of Regret’s Carrier through slipspace in Halo 2. After Regret’s forces leave Earth, the Prophet of Truth sends in Brute-led armadas to hold Earth until he can arrive to search for the Ark. This is part of the Great Schism, when Brutes replace and kill Elites in the Covenant hierarchy. The Brutes were ordered to kill all remaining Elites on Earth, hence the dead Elites everywhere.

to add to this the Prophet of Regret found the location of the portal from a forerunner artifact and had no idea that it just so happened to be located on Earth. In Halo: First Strike Master Chief Sergeant Johnson and a few other Spartan-II’s destroyed an enormous space station and Covenant Fleet of over 500 ships which happens to be largely crew be Jiralhanae (Brutes). Only about a dozen or so ships to explosion these ships went to reinforce Prophet of Regrets fleets bungled attack on earth and New Mombasa. when they arrived they took control of the few cruiser that remained intact and hadn’t fled the Sol System and carried out orders to execute the remaining Sangheili (elite) crews and ground forces; these orders were carried out across the rest of the fleets on and around High Charity a month later (since you know that the brutes killed the elites i won’t consider this a spoiler)

You bought ODST, but not 3!!! Big mistake…

> > you mean that you havent played halo 3 yet dude you dont know what youve been missing
>
> I know! I gonna get it over this Christmas. Can get it at Best But for $7.99 :smiley:

You missed out on the golden ages…