What's with Ranks and Matchmaking in this game?

This is something that’s been bothering me since I started playing this game, and I’m pretty sure this has already been said. Seriously though, what’s up with the matchmaking and ranks? It feels like the ranking system in this game is so unbalanced and flawed. Like, it’s not a true measure of skill or anything like that. It’s all based on your win loss, and while this is somewhat good for people playing on a team, it’s not an accurate representation of the skill of the individual players. You can have a player who’s onyx rank and completely sucks at the game! The ranks should be measured by not just your wins and losses, but your K/D, accuracy, and true skill. Also, the matchmaking can be very hit or miss at times paring up people of various ranks. It tries to match people of similar rank, but there are times where it just completely fails. Also, why are unranked players matched up with ranked players? The unranked players should be matched up with each other because they don’t have a rank and are trying to get one, and the players with ranks should be matched up according to their ranks. This is just my two cents though.

Your original placement takes into account your K/D and score depending on the mode, as well as your win/loss ratio. That way it places you around people of similar base skill. Once the original placement occurs you can only move up or down based on wins or losses. Your individual skill at this point should not matter since you are originally placed with individuals based on your individual skill. The rest is based on your ability to play as a team and win as a team, especially since Halo matches are team focused more then lone wolf focused.

Oh an unranked players get matched with players of all skill to determine their best placement. If a player frequently loses against diamonds but wins against gold and possesses a decent k/D or average score they will be placed in platinum.

> 2533274840624875;2:
> Your original placement takes into account your K/D and score depending on the mode, as well as your win/loss ratio. That way it places you around people of similar base skill. Once the original placement occurs you can only move up or down based on wins or losses. Your individual skill at this point should not matter since you are originally placed with individuals based on your individual skill. The rest is based on your ability to play as a team and win as a team, especially since Halo matches are team focused more then lone wolf focused.
>
> Oh an unranked players get matched with players of all skill to determine their best placement. If a player frequently loses against diamonds but wins against gold and possesses a decent k/D or average score they will be placed in platinum.

Good to know.

Its very hard to do that as someone in arena could halo 4 kills 8 deaths but managed to stop flag hold power weapons carry the flag etc. I think the win loss way is the best as it judges your ability to play as a team. A diamond player with 8-8 kd Is betyer than a gold player with 8-8 as there is a higher skill gap. Also what is true skill? I think they should rank us based on kda and win /loss

They’re completely broken, that’s what’s with them.

They stink. Next question?