What's with all the sweeties in big team?

Are people really hopping on big team in packs to pubstomp? Haven’t really played much Halo recently due to WW2 but I hop on big team and almost every game I played I was facing clans or fireteams. Is this pretty normal for big team as of late?

I’d say a good number of people play in various fireteam sizes. Any time I hop onto BTB it’s only with a full squad.

probably cus ranked MM sucks right now

BTB has always had full parties that specifically play it. It’s one of those playlists that’s mainly put in the Social slot, but a lot of people play it competitively. You might’ve just been unlucky when you played. I’ll run into parties every now and then as of late, but a lot of them left due to the recent matchmaking issues. There also seems to be an upswing of smurfs in the playlist which can ruin your experience if you’re in the lower end of skill.

When they limited warzone fireteam size a ton of groups went to btb. If you want to play solo and get destroyed, btb is the list you are looking for.

It’s the same. It’s always been like that in every halo. I wouldn’t say they are sweaties though. Majority of them win due to communication and etc
most people aren’t sweaties they are just better and the way they play doesn’t make them a sweaty. I play against people who do so much better than me and sometimes I’ll meet them and play with them and honestly they’ll just have fun not really being sweaty and are just that good
sometimes people who crouch strafe and callout that’s just second nature. Like it’s normal for them how it is normal to press the right trigger to shoot their gun.

> 2535462450434439;6:
> It’s the same. It’s always been like that in every halo. I wouldn’t say they are sweaties though. Majority of them win due to communication and etc
> most people aren’t sweaties they are just better and the way they play doesn’t make them a sweaty. I play against people who do so much better than me and sometimes I’ll meet them and play with them and honestly they’ll just have fun not really being sweaty and are just that good
> sometimes people who crouch strafe and callout that’s just second nature. Like it normal for them how it is normal to press the right trigger to shoot their gun.

Couldn’t of said it better, 100% agree.

Crouch strafers have those controlles with paddels. A lot of good people go into BTB to stat. I see plenty who hug sniper all game.

> 2533274805919869;8:
> Crouch strafers have those controlles with paddels. A lot of good people go into BTB to stat. I see plenty who hug sniper all game.

Not necessarily. Been playing since H2 so crouch strafing happens automatically for me. Use standard controller and recon button layout.

I dont think you could crouch strafe in older halos. I know in H2A you can though.

> 2535468812026872;5:
> When they limited warzone fireteam size a ton of groups went to btb. If you want to play solo and get destroyed, btb is the list you are looking for.

Not necessarily…I’ve been solo queuing BTB for a good while now, and that is definitely not the case. 12 out of my last 20 games have been wins, and my KD is climbing.

What is happening a lot is JiP, lag, and long searches.

> 2533274805919869;10:
> I dont think you could crouch strafe in older halos. I know in H2A you can though.

Technically possible in halo reach but most people just did the side strafe. Higher tier people usually crouch strafed though not as much as you do in h5.
h4 there was some of it but the layout was so weird most people opted not to
also it’s possible to crouch strafe without paddles. I don’t have paddles but whenever I’m shooting someone I automatically press down on the thumb stick. I’d be better at it if I had paddles but doesn’t mean I don’t abuse it. But that’s due to me just being use to doing it. I could be chilling listening to music and 9/10 times you will see me crouch strafe

Big teams in big team battle. Yup normal

> 2535462450434439;6:
> It’s the same. It’s always been like that in every halo. I wouldn’t say they are sweaties though. Majority of them win due to communication and etc
> most people aren’t sweaties they are just better and the way they play doesn’t make them a sweaty. I play against people who do so much better than me and sometimes I’ll meet them and play with them and honestly they’ll just have fun not really being sweaty and are just that good
> sometimes people who crouch strafe and callout that’s just second nature. Like it’s normal for them how it is normal to press the right trigger to shoot their gun.

This.

I’ll play against a team I’d consider “sweaty”, they’ll invite me to their fireteam for the next game because I did well against them and they turn out to just be casual as all heck guys just having a good laugh and drinking beer lol. Then we’d get wrecked by another team, usually smurfs Literally played a guy last night who was called “CalvinsSmurf” with a tag “SMRF” which made me lol. Didn’t even try to hide it. The guy went 60-5 because his team had control of mid and he just sat there the whole game sniping lol.

That’s big team for you.

Also if you ever think the other team are sweaties, take a look at your own team. If your team is getting wrecked chances are all your vehicles are still sitting at spawn UNTOUCHED and nobody is making any attempt to take out the enemy vehicles. Next thing you know the enemy has two banshees and two gaus hogs and then you’re forced to quit.

They need to make BtB ranked so the MM can be tighter like the other ranked playlists

> 2535409649744584;14:
> > 2535462450434439;6:
> > It’s the same. It’s always been like that in every halo. I wouldn’t say they are sweaties though. Majority of them win due to communication and etc
> > most people aren’t sweaties they are just better and the way they play doesn’t make them a sweaty. I play against people who do so much better than me and sometimes I’ll meet them and play with them and honestly they’ll just have fun not really being sweaty and are just that good
> > sometimes people who crouch strafe and callout that’s just second nature. Like it’s normal for them how it is normal to press the right trigger to shoot their gun.
>
> This.
>
> I’ll play against a team I’d consider “sweaty”, they’ll invite me to their fireteam for the next game because I did well against them and they turn out to just be casual as all heck guys just having a good laugh and drinking beer lol. Then we’d get wrecked by another team, usually smurfs Literally played a guy last night who was called “CalvinsSmurf” with a tag “SMRF” which made me lol. Didn’t even try to hide it. The guy went 60-5 because his team had control of mid and he just sat there the whole game sniping lol.
>
> That’s big team for you.
>
> Also if you ever think the other team are sweaties, take a look at your own team. If your team is getting wrecked chances are all your vehicles are still sitting at spawn UNTOUCHED and nobody is making any attempt to take out the enemy vehicles. Next thing you know the enemy has two banshees and two gaus hogs and then you’re forced to quit.

Every game there’s a Wasp or Banshee, this happens. I usually dont go Vehicle because I’m rubbish with them, but the entire team will just ignore Wraiths sitting at Spawn, or the Banshww, for some bizarre reason.

> 2727626560040591;4:
> BTB has always had full parties that specifically play it. It’s one of those playlists that’s mainly put in the Social slot, but a lot of people play it competitively. You might’ve just been unlucky when you played. I’ll run into parties ever now and then as of late, but a lot of them left due to the recent matchmaking issues. There also seems to be an upswing of smurfs in the playlist which can ruin your experience if you’re in the lower end of skill.

There is a massive Smurf uptick for BTB. Simply put it helps full 8 squads match games cleaner. I noticed several studly teams with 2 or 3 rando 30 or less CSRs. Those CSR’s were dropping bombs. They are using them to lower the squads overall MMR score so they can match games more often.

The full 8 still has tougher times finding a match now but it has improved since last month. Matchmaking in general has been better overall in terms of que times and fail rates.

Several super squads have left for other games since the OT update so in a sense BTB is less sweaty now than it was 4 months ago.

> 2533274953121424;1:
> Are people really hopping on big team in packs to pubstomp?

Or people like to play together as a team. Weird concept huh?

> 2533274802441922;15:
> They need to make BtB ranked so the MM can be tighter like the other ranked playlists

I would love a Ranked BTB but they would have to do it for maybe one season. I know a minimum of 20 players that would come back to Halo 5 if it had ranked BTB. Apparently the challenge against ranked BTB was the quitting was an issue or DC’s. Objective style teams pay a heavy price if they lose a player or two. You can still compete in BTB for Slayer if you squad is smaller but CTF is almost impossible to win a man or two short.

> 2533274953121424;1:
> Are people really hopping on big team in packs to pubstomp? Haven’t really played much Halo recently due to WW2 but I hop on big team and almost every game I played I was facing clans or fireteams. Is this pretty normal for big team as of late?

Big teams have close bonds my friend. A lot of friend groups of 6-8 people strong and some of those parties are hilarious. So yes you will find Big coordinated teams in Big Team Battle. Also there are less full squads now than 4 months ago. The OT update made this much less sweaty.

Actually let me clarify:
First 1.75 years you could match anything really. Teaming up was a huge advantage over singles.

Then top 3% played each other and left the other 97% to play each other. So it was super sweat for 3% of the pop but they had some trouble matching games.

Then it had a 30/70 or better rule with hidden MMR’s. If they thought your team had a 30% chance to win or better it would match you. The issue with this system was the fail rate of lobbies went crazy. My squad went from like 3 fail to match in 2 years to 55+ in a month.

Newest system loosened the matchmaking criteria and allows more full squads to actually match. It still takes MMR to account but the matchmaking is much cleaner lately. Instead of 4 or 5min you typically match a game in 40secs to 1.5min.