What's with all the pistols?

Over the last several months I have noticed a big increase in the number of players using the pistol as their primary in arena games. Did something change? I never use the pistol and dump it as quick as I can. All that pop pop pop pop during the game gets really irritating after a while.

Probably because people are realizing that its a good go to weapon if you cant swap it out for something.

I prefer SS weapons, so I use the pistol over the BR.
But, that is just me.

There is a reason we have an AR and not a pistol in Infection now…

It’s kinda OP :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s easy to get headshots with them maybe?

I find that the Magnum is a good weapon if you know how to play with

The pistol has been the primary weapon at the higher end of arena since day 1. I guess that is just permeating down?

I drop the pistol for other precision weapons and drop the AR for better autos.

I’ve seen the Pistol used heavily in FFA and Slayer ever since launch. What game have you been playing?

It the game’s primary weapon.

It has become more prevalent though because after the most recent update a lot of BRs/smgs/SRs were removed from maps.

The H5 pistol is a 5 shot headshot, if you can aim well and strafe well at the same time you will win most gunfights unless the other guy has a BR or Lightrifle

Easy headshots and even as a secondary, that quick draw can be a lifesaver

> 2533274813570993;1:
> Over the last several months I have noticed a big increase in the number of players using the pistol as their primary in arena games. Did something change? I never use the pistol and dump it as quick as I can. All that pop pop pop pop during the game gets really irritating after a while.

What? Pistol is probably the most used weapon in Arena…

Its been like that since release, but the increase you’re noticing might be due to the map refresh. They moved the rifles around and removed some so people don’t really know where they are yet.

The higher the ranking the more you’ll see the Magnum being use.

It has always been this way…?

It’s always been a good weapon. I typically carry it in Warzone too until I can get my Halo 2 BR. Even then I’ll take it over an AR/SMG most of the time.

I’m an SR 146 and H5 will not allow me to get AR kills. As much as I changed the controller settings I can not get the AR to not flail all over the place. I don’t understand how I could be 40 meters away and running and get killed by an AR but I can’t do the same while standing still 1 meter apart.

> 2533274834066497;17:
> … but I can’t do the same while standing still 1 meter apart.

Why not just melee since you’re so close.

It’s not a question.

> 2533274834066497;17:
> I’m an SR 146 and H5 will not allow me to get AR kills. As much as I changed the controller settings I can not get the AR to not flail all over the place. I don’t understand how I could be 40 meters away and running and get killed by an AR but I can’t do the same while standing still 1 meter apart.

The AR has one of the fastest TTK and its one of the best versions of the AR halo has had. Maybe try turning your sens down and down flat thumb your thumbstick and you might start getting more AR kills. Honestly its one of the easiest weapons. Its very forgiving unlike say the magnum which if you miss shots you can easily end up dead.

> 2533274888753908;10:
> The H5 pistol is a 5 shot headshot, if you can aim well and strafe well at the same time you will win most gunfights unless the other guy has a BR or Lightrifle

I don’t have aim nor do I strafe or jump even. I don’t use single shot weapons if can avoid it.