What's with all the "Investigating"?

Seriously. Ever since Halo 4 has come out, anything that wasn’t shipped with the game has been “investigated”.

The community wants a real FFA Slayer playlist: “We’re investigating those options.”
The community wants BTB Objective: “We’re investigating this right now.”
The community wants Team Doubles: “We’re investigating a way to make that happen.”
The community wants File Share, Ranking systems, Grifball, and all the other things that should have been included in Day One: “We’re investigating and tinkering every hour to try to bring you these awesome features as soon as possible.”

It gets old. I get that 343i is a new(ish) company. I get that they’re probably working on Halo 5 right now. I get that there are a lot of demands. But what I don’t get is why it’s taking so long to pump these features out.

You go into Infinity Slayer, change the options for “Team Enabled?” to “No”, change the total score to “300”, and make a playlist. How hard is that?

You go into Meltdown, add two flag spawn points and capture points, add some player spawn points, and make it a playlist. How hard is that?

Again, I realize there are factors such as balance that must be taken into account for some of these, but there’s no reason - I repeat, absolutely no reason - why there shouldn’t be a FFA Slayer playlist in War Games at this moment. None.

So, what’s with all the investigating?

They’re trying to look professional. Saying that they just aren’t doing it wouldn’t make them look any good (as if they are anyways).

We really need a real FFA gametype. In Regicide, you can go 12-5 while the winner goes 10-16 and you still lose.

Obviously it’s the term they use when they get their 343i detectives on it.

So that they can give an answer without saying “I dunno” or “no”

Pretty much everything you guys have said.

I find it hard to believe that they can’t just edit the gametypes or maps to make what we want. Honestly, how hard is it?

Side note: Is 1-Flag CTF still possible. It’s an abomination that they removed this.

> Pretty much everything you guys have said.
>
> I find it hard to believe that they can’t just edit the gametypes or maps to make what we want. Honestly, how hard is it?
>
> Side note: Is 1-Flag CTF still possible. It’s an abomination that they removed this.

Very. Each game mode is a new build and needs to be tested just like DLC. No magic buttons to push.

Maybe they are digging through resumes looking for competent people to hire, like the new guys they have making playlists now.

This is so true it does not take 4 years to make a single playlist if you would put a halo 5 on hold you would get this Microsoft has $$$$ and does not need more halo game right now but what we the fan bace need from you is to get off your but and fix halo 4

> > Pretty much everything you guys have said.
> >
> > I find it hard to believe that they can’t just edit the gametypes or maps to make what we want. Honestly, how hard is it?
> >
> > Side note: Is 1-Flag CTF still possible. It’s an abomination that they removed this.
>
> Very. Each game mode is a new build and needs to be tested just like DLC. No magic buttons to push.

Um, the magic buttons are listed in the OP: Change the score limit, change the team options to disabled. Maybe fix some spawns and adjust personal ordnances, but it shouldn’t take 4 months.

There investigating on how to fix it by making Halo 5 and some really good commercials.

> There investigating on how to fix it by making Halo 5 and some really good commercials.

A DEW™ EVIL AWAKENS

> …I get that 343i is a new(ish) company. I get that they’re probably working on Halo 5 right now. I get that there are a lot of demands…

Yet, you post about it…

> But what I don’t get is why it’s taking so long to pump these features out.

Read The Mythical Man Month…

(You can’t produce a baby in one month by putting nine women on the job…)

now i see where Dalton from Spartan Ops gets his need to say the same thing over and over and over.
“Painting the target now”

First, they need to see if their is enough of a demand for the changes being proposed such as an FFA playlist. Some are obvious but some proposed changes are not, so that needs o be investigated. Then, once they have come to the conclusion that the changes proposed has enough demand, they need to decide on how to best implement the changes, things like gametypes and playlists needs be tested to death to ensure the settings are right, fun and fair. Once that is done they then need to get approval to implement the changes from their high overlord masters, Microsoft, who is well known to make a lot of noise but not do anything of use for ages. Once they get the go head from them then it goes through more testing before it gets released. It’s not as easy as everyone thinks it is, however I do appreciate that the process is so long and arduous that it can seem like its taking for ever to just get off the ground.

> They’re trying to look professional. Saying that they just aren’t doing it wouldn’t make them look any good (as if they are anyways).

Exactly. It’s an easy way to save face when whatever the community wants doesn’t get implemented.

Business as usual. Nothing new.

When we look at this within perspective we can see that 343 is a fairly large company that is contracted to one of the largest corporations in the world. 343 will be structured to make money like any other business in the world.

First off they will be working under a strict licencing and legal umbrella, every aspect of the production and release of material will have to abide to very strict principles set out in a contractual agreement that will involve several businesses, accounting and legal firms.

Halo 4 is a major investment for Microsoft and a budget would have been assigned for its production. This budget will include a whole spectrum of spenditure ranging from the renting or purchase of premises’, equipment, marketing, tax, employee’s wages etc etc.

Anyone who has worked for a major firm or one contracted to such as Microsoft will understand that every single penny from the budget is squeezed and accounted for. From The Director getting his pay, the janitor in the office getting his medical insurance to the electricity bills and the lovely chocolate biscuits at reception.

Thus, to make sure that people do not take advantage, waste time, or make even the slightest impact on time scales and deadlines every single minute of an employees time is marked for the completion of a task. This task itself will be subject to a deadline and must be fullfilled, normally failure to do so will result in loss of potential wages.

So 343 dont just get out of bed and think oh this needs fixing ill get on that after breakfast. The issue is ‘investigated’, it is assessed by its importance in relation to its cost of implementation. This ‘community request’ is passed up the ladder to be approved in this way, it is then passed back down - and time/money allocated for its implementation.

They also need to check if the issues is not just a isolated problem raised by a ‘vocal minority’, that is not desired by the majority or something that is not practical.

This is just a very brief over view of how things work in the REAL WORLD, where thing like money, legality, licence, wages, and capitalism are factors.

I can not say this is how 343 works exactly - but some of you kids have a warped view of things.

Thread Over.

> When we look at this within perspective we can see that 343 is a fairly large company that is contracted to one of the largest corporations in the world. 343 will be structured to make money like any other business in the world.
>
> First off they will be working under a strict licencing and legal umbrella, every aspect of the production and release of material will have to abide to very strict principles set out in a contractual agreement that will involve several businesses, accounting and legal firms.
>
> Halo 4 is a major investment for Microsoft and a budget would have been assigned for its production. This budget will include a whole spectrum of spenditure ranging from the renting or purchase of premises’, equipment, marketing, tax, employee’s wages etc etc.
>
> Anyone who has worked for a major firm or one contracted to such as Microsoft will understand that every single penny from the budget is squeezed and accounted for. From The Director getting his pay, the janitor in the office getting his medical insurance to the electricity bills and the lovely chocolate biscuits at reception.
>
> Thus, to make sure that people do not take advantage, waste time, or make even the slightest impact on time scales and deadlines every single minute of an employees time is marked for the completion of a task. This task itself will be subject to a deadline and must be fullfilled, normally failure to do so will result in loss of potential wages.
>
> So 343 dont just get out of bed and think oh this needs fixing ill get on that after breakfast. The issue is ‘investigated’, it is assessed by its importance in relation to its cost of implementation. This ‘community request’ is passed up the ladder to be approved in this way, it is then passed back down - and time/money allocated for its implementation.
>
> They also need to check if the issues is not just a isolated problem raised by a ‘vocal minority’, that is not desired by the majority.
>
> That was just a brief over view of how thing work in the REAL WORLD, where thing like money, legality, licence, wages, and capitalism are factors.
>
> I can not say this is how 343 works exactly - but some of you kids have a warped view of things.
>
> Thread Over

While I don’t agree with how you phrased that, you are right.

I’m a little sleepy and probably being needlessly grumpy, i can never tell untill i re-read when im in a better mood!

Also you quoted it while I was editing.

“Investigating”…lmao it’s not that hard 343.