What's with all of the 8 and 10 year olds?

Maybe they were always there, and they didn’t have mic’s on, but WOW! I was rolling in Objective and Flood for a while, and was completely astounded by the number I ran across.

I’m used to middle-teens and up, but I am surprised how many I ran across. Did someone take a bunch of disks and hand them out at Elementary Schools?

it probably has to do with the low population.

I’m 23 and I like the game fine as do my older friends but maybe it in terms of the majority it appeals to the younger crowd more, god forbid.

Or perhaps parents would rather get their kids Halo over COD or something.

During Reach’s and 4’s lifespans a large portion of the older Halo fanbase moved on due to the changes Reach/4 bought to the table. Younger players that enjoy the gimmick ridden gameplay of Reach/4 have appeared but they prefer COD so their numbers aren’t that large hence the dismal playlist populations.

I’ve only played 13 matches this month but in every match there was at least one AFC, most had at least 2+ AFCers.

Then again some of the connections were so bad maybe said players were lagging and/or in blackscreen.

Had an amazing game of Simplex the other day where the host would periodically send players on my team to blackscreen.

Most people only game hard out for a certain amount of years before real life takes them away. I’m a middle aged man and none of my friends still game hardcore.

Most of them are married and have kids and have no time for gaming anymore. Heck even some of my younger cousins who were pretty hard out gamers have given it the flick due to real life.

It’s a scenario that isn’t unique to Halo. It’s pretty widespread that younger kids play more video games.

> Most people only game hard out for a certain amount of years before real life takes them away. I’m a middle aged man and none of my friends still game hardcore.
>
> Most of them are married and have kids and have no time for gaming anymore. Heck even some of my younger cousins who were pretty hard out gamers have given it the flick due to real life.

Unfortunately, this is very true. Unless you never sleep.

Dealing with improving and living your life outside of video games is definitely more important. As you get older, the less time you have for video games it seems (unless of course your a Professional gamer or work in the Video Game Industry).

I think that giving a child a mic to listen to people like the majority of us talk on XBL is just bad parenting. Mute the kids and be done with it.

Because apparently people dying in video games is fun to the current generation of kid gamers.

I was 10 playing CE. (2001 right?)

I don’t mind playing with kids, unless they start screaming or singing Justin Bieber’s “Baby” over the mic. At that point, the mute button works wonders.

But seriously…parents these days care less and less; you can’t use a Mature-rated video game to babysit your kids for you. As a parent, you have to invest YOUR own time into your child.

Well, it is a video-game. Of course you will see some little kids online at some point.

Also, Halo is pretty childish for a game with an “M” rating IMO. Halo is considered the “star game” so lots of people, yes even little kids, are gonna flock to it.

I don’t have a problem with them at all as long as they’re not attacking their own teammates or trying to steal weapons. If they’re annoying and disruptive, then I’ll just mute them. Problem solved.

When I went to the Halo 4 open night there was Five gamer’s
“that look over 18” and was around 15+ Kids that look under
the age of ten with Parents.

It’s not very safe Parents allowing them to talk in a Community
chat though.

Here’s a small example:

I was playing with my mate yesterday and he said, “my girlfriends brother wants to join me.” I said I was fine with that.

This guy then joined the game and I heard him speak, I asked my mate how old he was and he said he’d just turned 8.

He was god awful at the game, causing our team to loose because he died around 20 times and got no kills. You see, younger children ruin the game for older people, they are the perfect example of BAD teammates.

And to be quite honest, it really annoys me when I join a game and you can here them mumbling on and raging to the high heavens. Just utterly ruining the match because of how bad they are.

THERE’S A REASON THE GAME IS RATED SIXTEEN +!

sometimes it seems i am teamed with these 5-10 year olds holding their controllers upside down, talking as if they own (pwn) the world, way too often. it is really frustrating to get beat down bad by partied up players when my team consists of these terrible players. i am not saying anything should be done or that anything can be done. i am just venting some frustrations.

I’ll agree that the Halo franchise is the one game in the Genre that does not require a new red ink cartridge after a picture, so that was why I didn’t mind my TEEN son playing it.

So I mute the Elementary crowd if needed and move on, but was just wondering where the new players were coming from. If school was out, i might see parents picking up some used copies, but this was odd to me.

For the 30+ crowd - if you’d like to hook up with some more ‘mature’ players, send me a PM, and I’ll give you the link to our community (not just Halo!)

If you’re playing Flood and Griffball then get ready to run into kids often. They don’t annoy me in flood unless they have a mic and start yelling absurdities. But in Griffball they are complete deucsche bags, always team killing, especially if you have the ball.

You went into Flood, what did you expect?

> Maybe they were always there, and they didn’t have mic’s on, but WOW! I was rolling in Objective and <mark>Flood</mark> for a while, and was completely astounded by the number I ran across.
>
> I’m used to middle-teens and up, but I am surprised how many I ran across. Did someone take a bunch of disks and hand them out at Elementary Schools?

You expected better from this playlist? That’s like expecting a lot of guys to come see a Twilight movie.

> If you’re playing Flood and Griffball then get ready to run into kids often. They don’t annoy me in flood unless they have a mic and start yelling absurdities. But in Griffball they are complete deucsche bags, always team killing, especially if you have the ball.

I rarely run into kids while playing Grifball. Now as for Flood, I think that gametype was made for kids.

Video games are for the young. I just hit 30 and I’m seriously questioning whether I will have the time to spare to justify a nextbox purchase. Hate to say it cuz I always loved video games but growing up shifts priorities.

As for the kiddies, they don’t bother me so long as I can mute 'em… :slight_smile: