What's up with the increase in trolls lately?

I don’t know if I’m just getting extremely unlucky with my matches lately (the past 3-4 days) and maybe I’m alone in this, but the last few days there has been an increase in teammates purposefully either throwing games or just being a nuisance betraying you/shooting you the whole match, today has been the worst of the days but literally out of the 7 games I got in Team Slayer 6 of them I’ve had 1-2 people on the team that just target their teammates. Has anyone else noticed this?

1 Like

That already started when they increased the quitbans, because the trolls now know that either you have to undergo their trolling and have a horrible time or get a quitban and can’t play. That quitban has been the biggest gift to those griefers.

I can’t say if it has increased lately, since i don’t play much MCC MP anymore, partly because of that.

5 Likes

It’s been going on for a while now. I don’t experience it as frequently as you have described though. Depending on my mood I’ll either ignore them and try to play normally, or engage with them and fight back.

2 Likes

Guess that makes sense, the quitban in social is the dumbest thing they have added to MCC. Ranked I understand, but banning for leaving a social match is just stupid. Which is funny because IIRC you don’t receive a ban if you get booted from a match at all, but I could be wrong.

You do cop a ban for getting booted from a match, be it someone kicking you for betraying or if you lose connection to the game/your internet bugs out.

2 Likes

This is true, I’ve been banned for retaliating against a “teammate” that killed me in order to get a power weapon and also dropping connection when one of my dogs decides to cower behind my desk and turn off the surge protector.

To the point of the OP, yeah I also tend to get awful “teammates” when I search 4v4. It’s quite rare that I get paired with even half-decently skilled players. Only uncommonly though will they blatantly betray me.