What's up with May 21st?

Why do i keep seeing that date pop out a lot in these forums. (I don’t really read the internet news much, I work a lot). Can someone fill me in? Or is it a surprise? Cause the 21st happens to be my birthday as well :). Im glad 343 has gained the support of the community to plan something big for me on that day. I’ll play my part and act ignorant and oblivious.

Since the world revolves around me, (i’m kidding) I believe 343 is going to personally invite me to some event where microsoft is going to like reveal the next xbox or the next thing in Halo. Who knows, they might even take one of their biggest fans, who has supported their every move ever since I popped in the disk and appreciated what they have done with Bungie’s legacy and my favorite series, to lunch. One can only dream :confused:

But for reals what is this 21st date every is talking about? Some massive halo 4 update? Season 2 Map pass?

Reveal of the next gen-Xbox and also the reveal of New call of duty.

Microsoft is revealing details on their new xbox.

Have a good May 21st :slight_smile:

With Love,
Your Mom,
~AnonomissX~

Xbawks comes out for us to see.

> Reveal of the next gen-Xbox and also the reveal of New call of duty.

Ha, I’ll bet the new Call of Duty will be a launch title for the new Xbox, just like Call of Duty 2, back in the day.

The New Xbox, hopefully coming with the next installment of Fable.

BRING ON FABLE 4

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Al Qaeda will invade Halo 4

I seriously hope the new Xbox will deliver though, so far it’s not looking that good from all the rumors. DRM (‘deal with it!’), no backwards compatibility, no ability to play/buy used games (so no more borrowing from friends), Live subscription of 10$ per month.

If all those things are true, there’s no way I’ll ever buy the new Xbox.

There is a reason why those assumptions are rumours

Stay tuned on 21 May and all will revealed

> I seriously hope the new Xbox will deliver though, so far it’s not looking that good from all the rumors. DRM (‘deal with it!’), no backwards compatibility, no ability to play/buy used games (so no more borrowing from friends), Live subscription of 10$ per month.
>
> If all those things are true, there’s no way I’ll ever buy the new Xbox.

Can’t remember where I saw it (maybe a video on Machinima) but it was confirmed that the new Xbox was NOT going to stop us playing used/pre owned games. I guess Microsoft realised that they would lose out on a lot of money if they did that. And as far as I’m aware the subscriptions will work in pretty much the same way as they do for the 360.

or ms never planned it in the first place.

> > I seriously hope the new Xbox will deliver though, so far it’s not looking that good from all the rumors. DRM (‘deal with it!’), no backwards compatibility, no ability to play/buy used games (so no more borrowing from friends), Live subscription of 10$ per month.
> >
> > If all those things are true, there’s no way I’ll ever buy the new Xbox.
>
> Can’t remember where I saw it (maybe a video on Machinima) but it was confirmed that the new Xbox was NOT going to stop us playing used/pre owned games. I guess Microsoft realised that they would lose out on a lot of money if they did that. And as far as I’m aware the subscriptions will work in pretty much the same way as they do for the 360.

>

This made me laugh.

>

It’s okay, if we can deal with terrorist elites, we can deal with these guys…

> The New Xbox, hopefully coming with the next installment of Fable.
>
> BRING ON FABLE 4

It better be good, Fable 3 was bad compared to the first two.
Hopefully we see a Halo related announcement.

Yeah im hoping for a Halo related announcement. Surely it makes sense for MS to show something Halo related at a next xbox reveal. Ive also been thinking its strange that how Halo 4 already has reached the achievements cap. Then again… is it too soon after Halo 4? I hope not!

If we get any new Halo news it will be at E3 or RTX not the 21st of May.

> Yeah im hoping for a Halo related announcement. Surely it makes sense for MS to show something Halo related at a next xbox reveal. Ive also been thinking its strange that how Halo 4 already has reached the achievements cap. Then again… is it too soon after Halo 4? I hope not!

It doesnt make sense…

Watch the Xbox 360 unveiling and you will know why.

> > I seriously hope the new Xbox will deliver though, so far it’s not looking that good from all the rumors. DRM (‘deal with it!’), no backwards compatibility, no ability to play/buy used games (so no more borrowing from friends), Live subscription of 10$ per month.
> >
> > If all those things are true, there’s no way I’ll ever buy the new Xbox.
>
> Can’t remember where I saw it (maybe a video on Machinima) but it was confirmed that the new Xbox was NOT going to stop us playing used/pre owned games. I guess Microsoft realised that they would lose out on a lot of money if they did that. And as far as I’m aware the subscriptions will work in pretty much the same way as they do for the 360.

I hope you’re right. Just have to wait and see what MS will do.

Also, EA said DRM was a ‘failed, dead-end strategy’, so I’m hoping MS will listen and learn from it.

> I seriously hope the new Xbox will deliver though, so far it’s not looking that good from all the rumors.

I know it’s already been mentioned a lot, but I’m pretty sure those were just rumors that poured over from “news” on the PS4. Which I think some of them are true for the PS4, and I’m more than certain that Microsoft saw how much the PS3 shot itself in the foot with no backwards compatibility. Plus that would mean all the current Halo games would be unplayable, which would be very bad for them. The only thing I could see is that the new Xbox wouldn’t play original Xbox games, which means they’d have to updated Halo 2, but I am not against that.

I know I’m looking forward to Bluray discs. Bigger games, and no multiple discs to change out in the middle of gameplay.

Fable 4 had better have wings. Not crappy little “hardlight” wings that only show up during combat moves, but full on demonic or angelic wings. Bring back the full-on altered appearance!

> > Reveal of the next gen-Xbox and also the reveal of New call of duty.
>
> Ha, I’ll bet the new Call of Duty will be a launch title for the new Xbox, just like Call of Duty 2, back in the day.

CoD:Ghosts is supposed to be for Next Gen consoles and for Current Gen. It release on like November 5th or something