What's this forge "pallet" thing about?

What’s the deal with this “pallet” thing that’s supposedly different on 3 forge area maps and is important? Does that mean the maps just have different color schemes and/or look different from each other? In which case it’s a silly thing to make a big deal about, as having 3 copies of the same map would be rather dumb. Or is it saying that you’ll have a limited selection of pieces out of all forge pieces that you’re allowed to use on each map, and that selection or “pallet” will be different for each? In which case that sucks, if you have a cool idea and are forced to build it on a non-ideal map because of this “unique pallet” thing is holding you back.

Or is it talking about color options for pieces? So you can make them actual colors that aren’t grey that fit into each map’s theme? That would be pretty nice. Although again, limiting the color selection just to be able to say the pallet is “unique” on each map seems like it’d stifle a bit of creativity, but whatever…just being able to significantly change how pieces look would be progress enough.

Or is it just saying that pieces look different on each map, and which version we use is locked in place by which map we’re working on, and we have no color changing options? I guess that would still be an improvement.

So, anybody know what’s up with this? Or is it still in the “we can neither confirm nor deny that pallet actually means anything” phase?

Covenant, Forerunner, and UNSC. Those are different Pallets.

I think they are talking about different environmental themes for Forge. Ravine is Forerunner-themed. The others will probably be Desert (it’s a given) and the other one can be snow, city, or anything else. I personally hope for city. We need a city-themed Forge map. If not now, maybe in the future DLC.

> I think they are talking about different environmental themes for Forge. Ravine is Forerunner-themed. The others will probably be Desert (it’s a given) and the other one can be snow, city, or anything else. I personally hope for city. We need a city-themed Forge map. If not now, maybe in the future DLC.

or a snowy/ash like city enviroment because that would be cool but its most likelly a snow themed map since built in buildings will get in the way

> Covenant, Forerunner, and UNSC. Those are different Pallets.

Probably this.

Lets take a look at the different Halo 3 pallets:

-Foundry
-Sandbox

They had totally different objects, they are different pallets. It’s great because maps that are made won’t be repetitive and boring like in Halo Reach where you had one pallet for the whole game, and it was all grey. It’ll be awesome. :smiley:

So pallet is both the environment and pieces available in each? I just hope it’s not like forge on some of the reach maps, where if you try to do something on zealot you have an incredibly limited selection. If the objects are more similar in number and scope to those offered on forge world in Reach, then that’s fine. I still think it’d be more fun to have access to all the pieces on all maps to be able to build more crazy/fun/interesting things. Let the builder worry about if something doesn’t fit the theme of the map. If the pallet is the same objects and just different skins/themes, maybe include an “Object theme” setting, like the “object color” from reach, and pick “Forerunner” vs. “Snow” vs. “Whatever” to change the skin regardless of the map it’s on.

Each of the Forge specialty maps will have a different variety of items to use in making maps.

Having multiple pallets is a really good thing. It makes more unique maps and eliminates repetitiveness of using one map over and over. 3 is a great amount and the amount I’ve been asking for. Really glad we are given this many. Im curious if the other 2 will be DLC though?