What's their punishment? (Game early/spoilers)

I was just wondering what, if any, punishment these people are getting from playing the game early (and spoiling it like the jerks they are…). Like is it going to be a Halo 3 thing and they get permabanned, or something else maybe? Or can they even be caught of they set their Xbox as offline, can’t Microsoft still track them?

Just something I was wondering the past day or so since the game went gold.

I vote permaban for the player and a lawsuit for whatever retailer sold it. if it was stolen from a retailer by an employee then that should come with equal punishment. that simply off principle alone.

Title is a bit misleading.
Anywho, I hope there will be punishment for quitters and betrayers, it will keep people from bringing down others enjoyment.

> 2533274961579910;2:
> I vote permaban for the player and a lawsuit for whatever retailer sold it. if it was stolen from a retailer by an employee then that should come with equal punishment. that simply off principle alone.

Please tell me you’re joking.

I would prefer the quitters can only play with quitters. All of the games would end in a stale mate.

If you bought the copy early by legitimate means, you shouldnt be punished. If you do, however, start putting spoiler online by recording gameplay or via chat boards, then permaban.

> 2533274844683863;4:
> > 2533274961579910;2:
> > I vote permaban for the player and a lawsuit for whatever retailer sold it. if it was stolen from a retailer by an employee then that should come with equal punishment. that simply off principle alone.
>
>
> Please tell me you’re joking.

why would I be? that’s of equal offense of pirating movies and music. why would this be any different?

> 2533274961579910;7:
> > 2533274844683863;4:
> > > 2533274961579910;2:
> > > I vote permaban for the player and a lawsuit for whatever retailer sold it. if it was stolen from a retailer by an employee then that should come with equal punishment. that simply off principle alone.
> >
> >
> > Please tell me you’re joking.
>
>
> why would I be? that’s of equal offense of pirating movies and music. why would this be any different?

All of these people are given review copies from 343, so you want to permaban players who earned the right to play the game early? And they do this knowing full well that there will be leaks. If you don’t want to risk seeing leaks, go dark until the games release.

> 2533274961579910;7:
> > 2533274844683863;4:
> > > 2533274961579910;2:
> > > I vote permaban for the player and a lawsuit for whatever retailer sold it. if it was stolen from a retailer by an employee then that should come with equal punishment. that simply off principle alone.
> >
> >
> > Please tell me you’re joking.
>
>
> why would I be? that’s of equal offense of pirating movies and music. why would this be any different?

So if I buy a game because I found a retailer that was selling early, with my own money, that it makes me as offensive as a pirate and I should be punished.
ok.

> 2533274799135257;6:
> If you bought the copy early by legitimate means, you shouldnt be punished. If you do, however, start putting spoiler online by recording gameplay or via chat boards, then permaban.

That I understand. So does that also mean that it would be ok for people to set their Xbox One’s date at the 27th and play their digital copy? Or would it not work that way still?

> 2533274844683863;8:
> > 2533274961579910;7:
> > > 2533274844683863;4:
> > > > 2533274961579910;2:
> > > > I vote permaban for the player and a lawsuit for whatever retailer sold it. if it was stolen from a retailer by an employee then that should come with equal punishment. that simply off principle alone.
> > >
> > >
> > > Please tell me you’re joking.
> >
> >
> > why would I be? that’s of equal offense of pirating movies and music. why would this be any different?
>
>
> All of these people are given review copies from 343, so you want to permaban players who earned the right to play the game early?

if it’s a matter of someone with a review copy as opposed to a copy that was taken or sold from a retailer early… which honestly is what my assumption was, then even if they "earned the right " to play it early then any standard non disclosure agreement would legally prevent them from revealing ANYTHING Microsoft or 343i said they couldn’t. so I stick to my original argument. a breach of that type of contract is punishable by law, simply as that.

> 2533274837720524;10:
> > 2533274799135257;6:
> > If you bought the copy early by legitimate means, you shouldnt be punished. If you do, however, start putting spoiler online by recording gameplay or via chat boards, then permaban.
>
>
> That I understand. So does that also mean that it would be ok for people to set their Xbox One’s date at the 27th and play their digital copy? Or would it not work that way still?

Thats not how it works. At all. The game unlocks based on which store you bought it from. If from the US store, it unlocks at 12:01am the 27th. If from the Australian store, then about a day sooner (but it will be the Australian copy)

> 2533274799135257;12:
> > 2533274837720524;10:
> > > 2533274799135257;6:
> > > If you bought the copy early by legitimate means, you shouldnt be punished. If you do, however, start putting spoiler online by recording gameplay or via chat boards, then permaban.
> >
> >
> > That I understand. So does that also mean that it would be ok for people to set their Xbox One’s date at the 27th and play their digital copy? Or would it not work that way still?
>
>
> Thats not how it works. At all.

Alright. That’s good to know. I had a friend telling me he was thinking of doing that and I was wondering if that was even possible. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

> 2533274961579910;11:
> > 2533274844683863;8:
> > > 2533274961579910;7:
> > > > 2533274844683863;4:
> > > > > 2533274961579910;2:
> > > > > I vote permaban for the player and a lawsuit for whatever retailer sold it. if it was stolen from a retailer by an employee then that should come with equal punishment. that simply off principle alone.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Please tell me you’re joking.
> > >
> > >
> > > why would I be? that’s of equal offense of pirating movies and music. why would this be any different?
> >
> >
> > All of these people are given review copies from 343, so you want to permaban players who earned the right to play the game early?
>
>
> if it’s a matter of someone with a review copy as opposed to a copy that was taken or sold from a retailer early… which honestly is what my assumption was, then even if they "earned the right " to play it early then any standard non disclosure agreement would legally prevent them from revealing ANYTHING Microsoft or 343i said they couldn’t. so I stick to my original argument. a breach of that type of contract is punishable by law, simply as that.

I’m also gonna say that even if you get the game early, im pretty sure they will not have access to the game, just like how people are able to pre-download the game but are not able to play it. So still, only people who have permission from 343i will be able to play.

> 2533274799135257;12:
> > 2533274837720524;10:
> > > 2533274799135257;6:
> > > If you bought the copy early by legitimate means, you shouldnt be punished. If you do, however, start putting spoiler online by recording gameplay or via chat boards, then permaban.
> >
> >
> > That I understand. So does that also mean that it would be ok for people to set their Xbox One’s date at the 27th and play their digital copy? Or would it not work that way still?
>
>
> Thats not how it works. At all. The game unlocks based on which store you bought it from. If from the US store, it unlocks at 12:01am the 27th. If from the Australian store, then about a day sooner (but it will be the Australian copy)

I thought it unlockes at 12am est time for everyone. So pacific time would get it at 9pm on the 26th, australia would get it at 6pm on the 27th, etc. These are all at the exact same time, just with a different representation due to time zone changes.

I am pretty sure that if these people managed to get a hold of the game early through a retailer, then the retailer can face fines for breaking embargo for selling a copy of the game early. However, take this info with a grain of salt, as I remember reading something like this a while ago, but I cannot remember from where, and it was, of course, some time ago.

> 2533274799135257;9:
> > 2533274961579910;7:
> > > 2533274844683863;4:
> > > > 2533274961579910;2:
> > > > I vote permaban for the player and a lawsuit for whatever retailer sold it. if it was stolen from a retailer by an employee then that should come with equal punishment. that simply off principle alone.
> > >
> > >
> > > Please tell me you’re joking.
> >
> >
> > why would I be? that’s of equal offense of pirating movies and music. why would this be any different?
>
>
> So if I buy a game because I found a retailer that was selling early, with my own money, that it makes me as offensive as a pirate and I should be punished.
> ok.

by law, yes. it’s not my opinion it’s the legal system.

Temporary ban until New Years.

> 2533274844683863;14:
> > 2533274961579910;11:
> > > 2533274844683863;8:
> > > > 2533274961579910;7:
> > > > > 2533274844683863;4:
> > > > > > 2533274961579910;2:
> > > > > > I vote permaban for the player and a lawsuit for whatever retailer sold it. if it was stolen from a retailer by an employee then that should come with equal punishment. that simply off principle alone.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Please tell me you’re joking.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > why would I be? that’s of equal offense of pirating movies and music. why would this be any different?
> > >
> > >
> > > All of these people are given review copies from 343, so you want to permaban players who earned the right to play the game early?
> >
> >
> > if it’s a matter of someone with a review copy as opposed to a copy that was taken or sold from a retailer early… which honestly is what my assumption was, then even if they "earned the right " to play it early then any standard non disclosure agreement would legally prevent them from revealing ANYTHING Microsoft or 343i said they couldn’t. so I stick to my original argument. a breach of that type of contract is punishable by law, simply as that.
>
>
> I’m also gonna say that even if you get the game early, im pretty sure they will not have access to the game, just like how people are able to pre-download the game but are not able to play it. So still, only people who have permission from 343i will be able to play.

I preordered digital and if I clicked on it it just said I was too early. after I preloaded today I haven’t tried it but my friend sent me a message saying it was possible to play campaign and Xbox will ban your console and gamer tag so I’m afraid to even try.

> 2533274939958452;18:
> Temporary ban until New Years.

that would ruin the rest of this year seeing as how we’ve been waiting for this game to release all year lol