What's the state of H3's matchmaking?

Title says it all, how many players are online and which playlists have the highest population?

right now for me it says 8792 players are online, and i personally pretty much just play big team, and in that it says the population is 52. at night(really early in the morning, like 2:00 am) it takes a while to find a game, but during the day or the early night, it usually doesnt take that long. and surprisingly enough, i get invited to a pretty decent amount of custom games after playing a couple games of big team. so ya thats the state of h3, its not as dead as you might have thought, so thats good. let me know if you are ever playing a decent sized custom game and ill join

Halo 3 is still very populated, or at least the core playlists are. Surprisingly, during a good day, the # of players online can be higher than Halo 4’s!

> let me know if you are ever playing a decent sized custom game and ill join gt: Drizzy DrakeXBL

I’ll be hosting customs next Monday, the 19th @ 8pm EST. You should come play! More info here: http://halocustoms.com/threads/may-19-2014-halo-3-customs-son-dylan-guitar.16498/

> Halo 3 is still very populated, or at least the core playlists are. Surprisingly, during a good day, the # of players online can be higher than Halo 4’s!
>
>
>
> > let me know if you are ever playing a decent sized custom game and ill join
>
> I’ll be hosting customs next Monday, the 19th @ 8pm EST. You should come play! More info here: http://halocustoms.com/threads/may-19-2014-halo-3-customs-son-dylan-guitar.16498/

Thank you for the heads up, I will be there : )

I play Halo 3 at least 1-2 times a month and usually it consists of Social slayer and BTB these days. Just recently I played and found matches easily in those playlists still.

I plan to play some more this weekend too. I’m sure the game will find players just as easy as it always has. With all the recent Halo news going around I am pretty confident Halo 3 will be alive for a good while longer.

I usually play Halo 3 at least a few times a month, and it has a pretty good population considering how old it is. On most days you can find a game of Social Slayer in about 1-2 minutes, it sometimes takes about 5 minutes though to find a game of BTB. The only downside to Halo 3’s current state is that you can really only play Lone Wolf, Social Slayer, & BTB. All the other playlists are dead.

But still, Halo 3 is still going strong today and I still enjoy playing it.

You can still find games fairly easily in:
Social Slayer
Team Slayer
Big Team
Multi Team
Team Slayer
MLG
Lone Wolves

It still livesss onnnn. Halo 3 FTW