whats the ranking system on halo 5 and 6 like

i hope its gonna be like reach where you had to work really hard to get to the max rank not like halo 4 where its really easier to get to the top rank mabye put way more specializations in halo 5 and 6 and make it so every time you pick another a specialization the xp guage doesnt reset so it will be harder to get xp the higher rank you get like in halo reach i want it to be harder to rank up like i detailed above and im sure everybody liked reach’s ranking system better like how hard it was

Hopefully we get a skill based optionally visible ranking system, instead of just experience.

I liked Reach’s ranking system but we should definitely have CSR to the side if our ranks. That would be the perfect ranking system

> I liked Reach’s ranking system but we should definitely have CSR to the side if our ranks. That would be the perfect ranking system

reach’s system was way better it wasnt so short

Halo 2 ranking system.

> > I liked Reach’s ranking system but we should definitely have CSR to the side if our ranks. That would be the perfect ranking system
>
> reach’s system was way better it wasnt so short

It was, but long. Personally, I would like to see the ranking systems used in Reach, for the next two titles. The ranking system in Halo 4, was too fast.

I agree with the top two. We should have the halo reach ranking system but maybe make it a little harder t rank up or increase the ranks, or make a hole new ranking system.

> > > I liked Reach’s ranking system but we should definitely have CSR to the side if our ranks. That would be the perfect ranking system
> >
> > reach’s system was way better it wasnt so short
>
> It was, but long. Personally, I would like to see the ranking systems used in Reach, for the next two titles. The ranking system in Halo 4, was too fast.

the system in reach was perfect other than the credits part where you had to buy the armor

I’d like it to be skill based, but these days, lets face it, most of the people playing halo are not hardcore gamers. So at the most they’d make it so skill only plays a small factor. I hope they give you an actual rank, I’d rather tell my friends I’m Brigadier Grade 2 then an SR89. I also want it so that if your real dedicated you won’t hit Max Rank in about 6 weeks.

> I’d like it to be skill based, but these days, lets face it, most of the people playing halo are not hardcore gamers. So at the most they’d make it so skill only plays a small factor. I hope they give you an actual rank, I’d rather tell my friends I’m Brigadier Grade 2 then an SR89. I also want it so that if your real dedicated you won’t hit Max Rank in about 6 weeks.

i dont know what you mean by hardcore gamer but i hope they make it skill based cuz i get paired up with people that dont know wtf their doing half the time and im the only good one on the team

> > I’d like it to be skill based, but these days, lets face it, most of the people playing halo are not hardcore gamers. So at the most they’d make it so skill only plays a small factor. I hope they give you an actual rank, I’d rather tell my friends I’m Brigadier Grade 2 then an SR89. I also want it so that if your real dedicated you won’t hit Max Rank in about 6 weeks.
>
> i dont know what you mean by hardcore gamer but i hope they make it skill based cuz i get paired up with people that dont know wtf their doing half the time and im the only good one on the team

I didn’t really mean hardcore, what I meant was people who just play fairly often

> > > > I liked Reach’s ranking system but we should definitely have CSR to the side if our ranks. That would be the perfect ranking system
> > >
> > > reach’s system was way better it wasnt so short
> >
> > It was, but long. Personally, I would like to see the ranking systems used in Reach, for the next two titles. The ranking system in Halo 4, was too fast.
>
> the system in reach was perfect other than the credits part where you had to buy the armor

Yeah, i rather unlock armor sets, skins, etc, by rank like Halo 4. cRs were just annoying.

I never really played halo 2 but a system like that or halo 3 would be ideal for me. A penelty for quitting (highest skill in that playlist dropping and losing an exp), you only level up by winning, and you need to get your highest skill up in ranked too. Gave the higher rankings a better reference to how good the person is. Where we right now you can play SR130’s who still don’t get the game…

I’ve said this dozens of times in other threads, HXB1 should have a Halo 3 style 1-50 CSR with slight changes to rank-up and rank-down rate. There is absolutely no reason why it should take 14+ wins to rank up like it did in H3. It should be based solely on wins and loses, except if a player gets MVP on the losing team they should NOT be penalized in any way.

For your global ranking system, instead of a progression system each player should have a lifetime EXP based on wins and loses. If a player quits, they lose 1 EXP point. There shouldn’t be any EXP cap and players can get as much as they want. I do feel like 343 could incorporate challenges for double EXP.

Military ranks should be brought back, and like Halo 3 (which I felt did this flawlessly) base your rank on both your CSR and EXP level. Some of the ranks should be altered from Halo 3, but they need to be realistic and not ridiculous ranks like Noble and Inheritor. Stick to ranks like Captain, General Grade 3, Field Martial Grade 2, etc…

However, to please the masses I do believe that a separate, parallel progressive Spartan Rank could be added for the purpose of unlocking items like armor and emblems. It would be based on kills/deaths in game along with your performance in Objective games and maybe Firefight if it were added. Similar to COD, it would alert you when you’ve unlocked things in-game and you would have to complete certain in-game challenges to unlock the harder ones.

This system would best satisfy both casual and competitive gamers because it would add incentive to win.

The dude who made the starcraft and league of legends ranking/matchmaking system is doing the halo 5, so a combination of that and having dedicated servers with no cheating I think it will be great. This game needs to have something to distinguish the different skill levels of the players, and something that people want to work/fight for. I personally liked the halo 2 system the best so far because u knew how good someone was by there level right away, an example: When I was in high school someone in my class mentioned something about halo, I asked him what level he was and he said he was a 28, I told him I was a 44 and right away he knew how good I was and looked at me like a god. You can’t do that anymore because all skills can be CSR130. On a side note, in halo 2 when i played on either of my accounts that had level 44+ i would have to wait sometimes an hour for a legit game.

Halo 3 system did not reward the best players in the game, I remember I got to level 50 within the first week in multiple playlists. Needed something to distinguish between someone who would bounce between 49/50 and someone who had a 5 star general 50 in that playlist.

Halo reach was by far the worst, 98% of the games felt like team training.

As long as they have a system like Halo Reach/4 for a social playlist and one like 2/3 for a competitive playlist I’m happy