What's the point

I have played Halo recreational since Halo 2. Halo is becoming less fun every time I play it. You have these “professionals” and steamers that are ruining the game for the regular people that like a good competitive game of Halo. They reach level 130 and instead of just playing their level they create a new account so they can bully less experienced players that don’t have the luxury of playing every day, 8 hours a day. So I ask you what is the point? Do I want to keep playing these teams of players who clearly practice together, spawn camp you and then -Yoink!- you for your effort, or do all the regular players quit playing, don’t buy the new halo in November and let just the “pros” play it. Don’t think that will do much for sales. If it sounds like I am complaining, I am.

If you don’t like losing then get better.

Trust me competitive players couldn’t give a single care in the world about their SR rank. These professional players left Halo 4 months ago. If you don’t want to play teams of four, or stat padders, back out of the lobby. Unfortunately due to low population, even matching is thrown out of the window.

I’m willing to bet you that most of these “professionals” you speak of would much rather play with and against players their own skill level instead of you and players like you. Halo 4 has always had bad skill matching, even before the population drop.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not promote cheating or griefing.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

What’s the point of getting good if you can’t enjoy the benefits of it? I’m sorry, but most players get good so they can pubstomp, not so they can play against similar skilled players. This is how it always has been since Quake started online shooters. The good players dominant the bad. It wasn’t until these stupid matchmaking systems that good players had to make new accounts to continue this trend.

> I have played Halo recreational since Halo 2. Halo is becoming less fun every time I play it. You have these “professionals” and steamers that are ruining the game for the regular people that like a good competitive game of Halo. They reach level 130 and instead of just playing their level they create a new account so they can bully less experienced players that don’t have the luxury of playing every day, 8 hours a day. So I ask you what is the point? Do I want to keep playing these teams of players who clearly practice together, spawn camp you and then -Yoink!- you for your effort, or do all the regular players quit playing, don’t buy the new halo in November and let just the “pros” play it. Don’t think that will do much for sales. If it sounds like I am complaining, I am.

130 has nothing to do with skill. It merely shows how long you have a played. It is 100% possible that a level 45 is infinitely better than a 130.

Ever since losing my older account (long dead email), and using a new one, I’ve been subject to others’ “scrutiny” of skill on Halo 4.

My former highest CSR is SWAT, yet I work harder on Rumble Pit and then that becomes dominant CSR for ambiguous reasons… While I maintained only second and third place.

Acceptably-Average is still average

Boggles my mind, it’s a waste of time trying to make CSR more than what it currently is.

There’s no reason you should expect people to be nice or even make sense in the slightest.

> I have played Halo recreational since Halo 2. Halo is becoming less fun every time I play it. You have these “professionals” and steamers that are ruining the game for the regular people that like a good competitive game of Halo. They reach level 130 and instead of just playing their level they create a new account so they can bully less experienced players that don’t have the luxury of playing every day, 8 hours a day. So I ask you what is the point? Do I want to keep playing these teams of players who clearly practice together, spawn camp you and then -Yoink!- you for your effort, or do all the regular players quit playing, don’t buy the new halo in November and let just the “pros” play it. Don’t think that will do much for sales. If it sounds like I am complaining, I am.

I am surprised you feel that way, coming from Halo 2 days. The problem you are talking about was actually a big issue in the Halo 2 and Halo 3 days with players creating new accounts to re-level through the 1-50 ranks. That is part of the reason why Bungie got rid of the ranks in Reach and 343i kept them out in Halo 4. No that there are no visible ranks, there really is no reason to create a new account. Therefore, I am not quite sure what you are experiencing. I’m guessing it is just bad matchmaking because of low population. For example, if you are a level 20 CSR in a playlist you will sometimes get matched up against a team of level 45’s, which can be an unfair matchup.

> I’m willing to bet you that most of these “professionals” you speak of would much rather play with and against players their own skill level instead of you and players like you. Halo 4 has always had bad skill matching, even before the population drop.

nope, most of them are typical kd whores who wan’t to play against amateurs to push their ridicoulus 8. kd. I’ve seen so many of those grouped up kd pushers who would leave instantly if they see someone above amateur skill in the other team…

I would consider my self above average skilled player but this is a video game and I am not talking about me playing other well skilled players. It is simply those people or teams of people that play the game all day everyday and act like every game of ricochet defines their existense . I am not sure if there is a way to truly level matchmaking. Yes in all previous titles there were issues with boosters, and new accounts but things seem more out of control now. And for those comments that I should shut up and get better. I have a life outside of halo and don’t have theunlimited time to dedicate to a video game like you do. I said previously, I am a recreational player of a video game and the “pros” are ruining something that is meant to be fun and relaxing. At least in halo 3 and Reach they had their MLG play list to keep them busy.

> I would consider my self above average skilled player but this is a video game and I am not talking about me playing other well skilled players. It is simply those people or teams of people that play the game all day everyday and act like every game of ricochet defines their existense . I am not sure if there is a way to truly level matchmaking. Yes in all previous titles there were issues with boosters, and new accounts but things seem more out of control now. And for those comments that I should shut up and get better. I have a life outside of halo and don’t have theunlimited time to dedicate to a video game like you do. I said previously, I am a recreational player of a video game and the “pros” are ruining something that is meant to be fun and relaxing. At least in halo 3 and Reach they had their MLG play list to keep them busy.

Again, these are not pro players. In fact I think 90% of the pros haven’t touched Halo 4 in months.

The players you are playing are pub stompers and stat padders. When in a wargames lobby check the service records of the opponents and if they have a stupidly high KD, back out.

>

No one. And I mean literally not a single person makes alts in Halo 4 to pub stomp. Why? Because you get the same matches if you play on your SR130 CSR 50. It’s pointless.

Even in Halo 3 almost no one did it to pub stomp. They did it to get 50s.

The matchmaking system was generally the solution to the problem until Reach and H4 got rid of it. In Halo 3 generally matches were very even. Games were typically moderately close in score. Enter Halo 4 and most CSR 50s have a 75% to 90% win ratio because the system doesn’t (or can’t because of population lows) match them against anyone who can beat them. I have a 63% win rate overall but around 80% in the last 2 months. Why? Because I took my own advice and got better.

Halo is a game of winners and losers. You will lose games. Sometimes by a lot. If you don’t like it then get better. That’s what I did and now I’m on 3 CSR 50s and counting.

> >
>
> No one. And I mean literally not a single person makes alts in Halo 4 to pub stomp. Why? Because you get the same matches if you play on your SR130 CSR 50. It’s pointless.
>
> Even in Halo 3 almost no one did it to pub stomp. They did it to get 50s.
>
> The matchmaking system was generally the solution to the problem until Reach and H4 got rid of it. In Halo 3 generally matches were very even. Games were typically moderately close in score. Enter Halo 4 and most CSR 50s have a 75% to 90% win ratio because the system doesn’t (or can’t because of population lows) match them against anyone who can beat them. I have a 63% win rate overall but around 80% in the last 2 months. Why? Because I took my own advice and got better.
>
> Halo is a game of winners and losers. You will lose games. Sometimes by a lot. If you don’t like it then get better. That’s what I did and now I’m on 3 CSR 50s and counting.

You apparently never had to deal with derankers in the H2 days. In H2 getting a 50 was impossible so that rules out boosting as the reason why people deranked in H2. People make second accounts in CoD, Quake Live, LoL, Dota 2, SC II, and even Halo all the time so that way they can pwn lesser skilled players. IMO, making matchmaking systems with algorithms is pretty much a complete waste of time since no one likes it except players that suck.

> I would consider my self above average skilled player but this is a video game and I am not talking about me playing other well skilled players. It is simply those people or teams of people that play the game all day everyday and act like every game of ricochet defines their existense . I am not sure if there is a way to truly level matchmaking. Yes in all previous titles there were issues with boosters, and new accounts but things seem more out of control now. And for those comments that I should shut up and get better. I have a life outside of halo and don’t have theunlimited time to dedicate to a video game like you do. I said previously, I am a recreational player of a video game and the “pros” are ruining something that is meant to be fun and relaxing. At least in halo 3 and Reach they had their MLG play list to keep them busy.

The funny thing I find is most people only work maybe 30-50 hours a week. If you can’t dedicate time and effort into getting better you don’t deserve any sympathy. You pay your dues in online gaming just like you do in real life.

The point is that if you find the game FUN, you play it. If you don’t find it fun, you play something else.

In any game where people are able to get better than their opponents, they will. I haven’t had a dedicated team since H3, and I’m still playing and doing well.

> > What’s the point of getting good if you can’t enjoy the benefits of it? I’m sorry, but most players get good so they can pubstomp, not so they can play against similar skilled players. This is how it always has been since Quake started online shooters. The good players dominant the bad. It wasn’t until these stupid matchmaking systems that good players had to make new accounts to continue this trend.
>
> No one. And I mean literally not a single person makes alts in Halo 4 to pub stomp. Why? Because you get the same matches if you play on your SR130 CSR 50. It’s pointless.
>
> Even in Halo 3 almost no one did it to pub stomp. They did it to get 50s.
>
> The matchmaking system was generally the solution to the problem until Reach and H4 got rid of it. In Halo 3 generally matches were very even. Games were typically moderately close in score. Enter Halo 4 and most CSR 50s have a 75% to 90% win ratio because the system doesn’t (or can’t because of population lows) match them against anyone who can beat them. I have a 63% win rate overall but around 80% in the last 2 months. Why? Because I took my own advice and got better.
>
> Halo is a game of winners and losers. You will lose games. Sometimes by a lot. If you don’t like it then get better. That’s what I did and now I’m on 3 CSR 50s and counting.

In fairness, my friend Major creates accounts every month to pubstomp however I always question why. As you said the matching system sucks.

For the most part though none of my friends make second accounts and most if not all are pub stompers.

Double post

> In fairness, my friend Major creates accounts every month to pubstomp however I always question why. As you said the matching system sucks.
>
> For the most part though none of my friends make second accounts and most if not all are pub stompers.

So he’s made numerous accounts and still hasn’t noticed that the matches are exactly the same regardless?

Lol.

T

The fact that you said this tells me that even though you may have a full time job, you spend the rest of your time playing video games. When you have a wife, kids and other responsibilities you don’t have the time to do that…lol. if that is how you spend your days I feel sorry for you because your life revolves around a video game…A VIDEO GAME. Lol. If someone continuously purchases a new account so they can “pubstomp” people to make themselves feel better about themselves then so be it. Clearly my question has been answered. If I want to keep playing halo and not get “pubstomp” by -Yoinks!- with clearly nothing else in their lives, then I need to quit my job, divorce my wife, abandon my child and do nothing but play Halo. Pathetic.

a minute ago

quote=KillerRebirth;2833703]

The funny thing I find is most people only work maybe 30-50 hours a week. If you can’t dedicate time and effort into getting better you don’t deserve any sympathy. You pay your dues in online gaming just like you do in real life.
[/quote]