What's the point of Spartan companies

I don’t get why we have Spartan companies. I mean you changed warzone to cater to solo players when solo players already had the most gametypes already in social and ranked. Btb and warzone was meant for teams and now they’ve taken 1 of the team games away and force us to play with random people…it sucks might as well get rid of Spartan companies

I mean I agree it sucks but the removal of the companies is kind of over the top no?

As a solo gamer I fail to see how changing the max player count from twelve to six caters to me and an individual. Also saying that us solo gamers already have the most playlist is pretty silly considering we truly only have one which is ranked FFA. There are zero other playlist with only allowing one player.

> 2533274816788253;3:
> As a solo gamer I fail to see how changing the max player count from twelve to six caters to me and an individual. Also saying that us solo gamers already have the most playlist is pretty silly considering we truly only have one which is ranked FFA. There are zero other playlist with only allowing one player.

And playing solo in them is kind of a death sentence (for your win/loss or K/D anyway). Unless you’re like really good (which some of us aren’t).

> 2533274794139417;1:
> I don’t get why we have Spartan companies. I mean you changed warzone to cater to solo players when solo players already had the most gametypes already in social and ranked. Btb and warzone was meant for teams and now they’ve taken 1 of the team games away and force us to play with random people…it sucks might as well get rid of Spartan companies

That fireteam restriction has made warzone a ghost town. The amount of players that quit warzone after the restriction from my company is astounding.

But we have arena only players. Btb players. We have players who prefer to solo. Really the main reason to have a Spartan company is to get like minded gamers together. Like a group of dads with family commitments have a place to game with other mature gamers and not have to worry about a 12 year old child screaming in tears into the mic after a loss, or getting hate mail.

I can tell you this. Many friendships have been formed through Spartan companies. That’s enough of a reason for them and probably their biggest payoff.

> 2533274816788253;3:
> As a solo gamer I fail to see how changing the max player count from twelve to six caters to me and an individual. Also saying that us solo gamers already have the most playlist is pretty silly considering we truly only have one which is ranked FFA. There are zero other playlist with only allowing one player.

Well since more than half of solo players play a team objective gametype but won’t use or don’t have mics to coordinate, won’t bother to find a team like most of the warzone community did, half don’t play the objective or don’t put the time in to get better or just plan quit when they’re on the losing team…but seem to complain about full teams coring or farming them . All I can say is solo players ruined warzone. There are a lot of social gametypes they could’ve played that was suited for solo players what’s next because groups of 8 are recking in btb you’re gonna complain for a 4 man limit ?

I don’t see how the fireteam limit made to Warzone means Companies are useless. They aren’t just for Warzone. They are ways for like-minded players to come together and play the game they love together and popular communities and clans to get together and represent and advertise their community in the game.

They’ve never been just for Warzone.
They’ve never been just for Achilles.
They’ve always been a tool to get people together to make friends and play Halo.

And solo players did not ruin Warzone. The -Yoinks!- who farm and quick core are the ones who ruined Warzone.

> 2533274883849234;7:
> I don’t see how the fireteam limit made to Warzone means Companies are useless. They aren’t just for Warzone. They are ways for like-minded players to come together and play the game they love together and popular communities and clans to get together and represent and advertise their community in the game.
>
> They’ve never been just for Warzone.
> They’ve never been just for Achilles.
> They’ve always been a tool to get people together to make friends and play Halo.
>
> And solo players did not ruin Warzone. The -Yoinks!- who farm and quick core are the ones who ruined Warzone.

Don’t get farmed or quick cored simple as that…and Spartan companies was made with warzone in mind plan and simple

> 2533274794139417;8:
> > 2533274883849234;7:
> > I don’t see how the fireteam limit made to Warzone means Companies are useless. They aren’t just for Warzone. They are ways for like-minded players to come together and play the game they love together and popular communities and clans to get together and represent and advertise their community in the game.
> >
> > They’ve never been just for Warzone.
> > They’ve never been just for Achilles.
> > They’ve always been a tool to get people together to make friends and play Halo.
> >
> > And solo players did not ruin Warzone. The -Yoinks!- who farm and quick core are the ones who ruined Warzone.
>
> Don’t get farmed or quick cored simple as that…and Spartan companies was made with warzone in mind plan and simple

No it was not. Stop lying to yourself dude. It’s the successor to Halo 2’s clan system.

And it’s a lot harder to prevent quick cores and farming than you think.

Please stop talking now because all I see is someone who’s upset over the fireteam cap and has decided to blame the solo players for it even though they are the majority playerbase and it was large fireteams that ruined Warzone in the first place.

> 2533274883849234;9:
> > 2533274794139417;8:
> > > 2533274883849234;7:
> > > I don’t see how the fireteam limit made to Warzone means Companies are useless. They aren’t just for Warzone. They are ways for like-minded players to come together and play the game they love together and popular communities and clans to get together and represent and advertise their community in the game.
> > >
> > > They’ve never been just for Warzone.
> > > They’ve never been just for Achilles.
> > > They’ve always been a tool to get people together to make friends and play Halo.
> > >
> > > And solo players did not ruin Warzone. The -Yoinks!- who farm and quick core are the ones who ruined Warzone.
> >
> > Don’t get farmed or quick cored simple as that…and Spartan companies was made with warzone in mind plan and simple
>
> No it was not. Stop lying to yourself dude. It’s the successor to Halo 2’s clan system.
>
> And it’s a lot harder to prevent quick cores and farming than you think.
>
> Please stop talking now because all I see is someone who doesn’t give a damn about the playerbase.

The majority of spartans in my company go no where near WZ. They are Arena players.There are no exclusive reasons Spartan companies were made.

> 2533274883849234;9:
> > 2533274794139417;8:
> > > 2533274883849234;7:
> > > I don’t see how the fireteam limit made to Warzone means Companies are useless. They aren’t just for Warzone. They are ways for like-minded players to come together and play the game they love together and popular communities and clans to get together and represent and advertise their community in the game.
> > >
> > > They’ve never been just for Warzone.
> > > They’ve never been just for Achilles.
> > > They’ve always been a tool to get people together to make friends and play Halo.
> > >
> > > And solo players did not ruin Warzone. The -Yoinks!- who farm and quick core are the ones who ruined Warzone.
> >
> > Don’t get farmed or quick cored simple as that…and Spartan companies was made with warzone in mind plan and simple
>
> No it was not. Stop lying to yourself dude. It’s the successor to Halo 2’s clan system.
>
> And it’s a lot harder to prevent quick cores and farming than you think.
>
> Please stop talking now because all I see is someone who doesn’t give a damn about the playerbase.

Yes it was basically that’s y you got req packs for it why else would you get weapons packs for a company accommodation when u can’t use them in arena or social…I care more about the playerbase than u since they started this limit the population dropped drastically so you’re the one who doesn’t give a damn

> 2533274875982754;10:
> > 2533274883849234;9:
> > > 2533274794139417;8:
> > > > 2533274883849234;7:
> > > > I don’t see how the fireteam limit made to Warzone means Companies are useless. They aren’t just for Warzone. They are ways for like-minded players to come together and play the game they love together and popular communities and clans to get together and represent and advertise their community in the game.
> > > >
> > > > They’ve never been just for Warzone.
> > > > They’ve never been just for Achilles.
> > > > They’ve always been a tool to get people together to make friends and play Halo.
> > > >
> > > > And solo players did not ruin Warzone. The -Yoinks!- who farm and quick core are the ones who ruined Warzone.
> > >
> > > Don’t get farmed or quick cored simple as that…and Spartan companies was made with warzone in mind plan and simple
> >
> > No it was not. Stop lying to yourself dude. It’s the successor to Halo 2’s clan system.
> >
> > And it’s a lot harder to prevent quick cores and farming than you think.
> >
> > Please stop talking now because all I see is someone who doesn’t give a damn about the playerbase.
>
> The majority of spartans in my company go no where near WZ. They are Arena players.There are no exclusive reasons Spartan companies were made.

They aren’t even exclusive to Halo 5! Sure, it’s the only game with official support for the feature, but you could make a company for Reach or Halo 3 if you wanted to!

> 2533274883849234;12:
> > 2533274875982754;10:
> > > 2533274883849234;9:
> > > > 2533274794139417;8:
> > > > > 2533274883849234;7:
> > > > > I don’t see how the fireteam limit made to Warzone means Companies are useless. They aren’t just for Warzone. They are ways for like-minded players to come together and play the game they love together and popular communities and clans to get together and represent and advertise their community in the game.
> > > > >
> > > > > They’ve never been just for Warzone.
> > > > > They’ve never been just for Achilles.
> > > > > They’ve always been a tool to get people together to make friends and play Halo.
> > > > >
> > > > > And solo players did not ruin Warzone. The -Yoinks!- who farm and quick core are the ones who ruined Warzone.
> > > >
> > > > Don’t get farmed or quick cored simple as that…and Spartan companies was made with warzone in mind plan and simple
> > >
> > > No it was not. Stop lying to yourself dude. It’s the successor to Halo 2’s clan system.
> > >
> > > And it’s a lot harder to prevent quick cores and farming than you think.
> > >
> > > Please stop talking now because all I see is someone who doesn’t give a damn about the playerbase.
> >
> > The majority of spartans in my company go no where near WZ. They are Arena players.There are no exclusive reasons Spartan companies were made.
>
> They aren’t even exclusive to Halo 5! Sure, it’s the only game with official support for the feature, but you could make a company for Reach or Halo 3 if you wanted to!

There was no in game clans or companies in h3 or reach

> 2533274794139417;11:
> > 2533274883849234;9:
> > > 2533274794139417;8:
> > > > 2533274883849234;7:
> > > > I don’t see how the fireteam limit made to Warzone means Companies are useless. They aren’t just for Warzone. They are ways for like-minded players to come together and play the game they love together and popular communities and clans to get together and represent and advertise their community in the game.
> > > >
> > > > They’ve never been just for Warzone.
> > > > They’ve never been just for Achilles.
> > > > They’ve always been a tool to get people together to make friends and play Halo.
> > > >
> > > > And solo players did not ruin Warzone. The -Yoinks!- who farm and quick core are the ones who ruined Warzone.
> > >
> > > Don’t get farmed or quick cored simple as that…and Spartan companies was made with warzone in mind plan and simple
> >
> > No it was not. Stop lying to yourself dude. It’s the successor to Halo 2’s clan system.
> >
> > And it’s a lot harder to prevent quick cores and farming than you think.
> >
> > Please stop talking now because all I see is someone who doesn’t give a damn about the playerbase.
>
> Yes it was basically that’s y you got req packs for it why else would you get weapons packs for a company accommodation when u can’t use them in arena or social…I care more about the playerbase than u since they started this limit the population dropped drastically so you’re the one who doesn’t give a damn

Jesus… it’s called enticing. Not everyone’s going to join a company. It’s an optional feature. But a free REQ Pack? Oh well now you’ve gotten people interested… they could join the company, take the REQ pack, then quit. Hell I remember companies being made just to let people get the pack without being like a jerk and joining a random company then leaving.

> 2533274794139417;13:
> > 2533274883849234;12:
> > > 2533274875982754;10:
> > > > 2533274883849234;9:
> > > > > 2533274794139417;8:
> > > > > > 2533274883849234;7:
> > > > > > I don’t see how the fireteam limit made to Warzone means Companies are useless. They aren’t just for Warzone. They are ways for like-minded players to come together and play the game they love together and popular communities and clans to get together and represent and advertise their community in the game.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > They’ve never been just for Warzone.
> > > > > > They’ve never been just for Achilles.
> > > > > > They’ve always been a tool to get people together to make friends and play Halo.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > And solo players did not ruin Warzone. The -Yoinks!- who farm and quick core are the ones who ruined Warzone.
> > > > >
> > > > > Don’t get farmed or quick cored simple as that…and Spartan companies was made with warzone in mind plan and simple
> > > >
> > > > No it was not. Stop lying to yourself dude. It’s the successor to Halo 2’s clan system.
> > > >
> > > > And it’s a lot harder to prevent quick cores and farming than you think.
> > > >
> > > > Please stop talking now because all I see is someone who doesn’t give a damn about the playerbase.
> > >
> > > The majority of spartans in my company go no where near WZ. They are Arena players.There are no exclusive reasons Spartan companies were made.
> >
> > They aren’t even exclusive to Halo 5! Sure, it’s the only game with official support for the feature, but you could make a company for Reach or Halo 3 if you wanted to!
>
> There was no in game clans or companies in h3 or reach

Okay now you’re just being annoying. Seriously, stop trying to change the intent of Companies so that it helps your argument.

> 2533274794139417;8:
> > 2533274883849234;7:
> > I don’t see how the fireteam limit made to Warzone means Companies are useless. They aren’t just for Warzone. They are ways for like-minded players to come together and play the game they love together and popular communities and clans to get together and represent and advertise their community in the game.
> >
> > They’ve never been just for Warzone.
> > They’ve never been just for Achilles.
> > They’ve always been a tool to get people together to make friends and play Halo.
> >
> > And solo players did not ruin Warzone. The -Yoinks!- who farm and quick core are the ones who ruined Warzone.
>
> Don’t get farmed or quick cored simple as that…and Spartan companies was made with warzone in mind plan and simple

I’m really curious to see how things would have gone if 343 encouraged clan wars like halo 2 with Spartan companies. They should have had a weekend warlords playlist right off of launch when there was interest in the game mode. They just needed to tweak the req system to eliminate the snowball and make the game competative beyond the first 5-6 minutes. 12 v 12 is something the gaming community really didn’t have. It was really fun while it was here

i just hope that that they figure this out for halo 6. I have so many friends that are done with halo. So many more that will not buy halo 6 unless there is a option for 12 players in the new warzone, because we all know warzone will be in the next game, they would be crazy not too.

So while I don’t agree with OP that companies are useless without warzone. The removal of 12 player warzone certainly harms them. It was better before the change.

As for you’re later comment on fireteam restriction in btb. I know you were being facetious, but there are already threads up requesting to have the fireteam limit for btb cut in half as well. Fireteam restrictions set a dangerous path. The idea of btb being restricted is no longer a crazy idea. It’s very possible. And if they go that route, how long till the 4v4 is restricted as well?

They just need to figure out the mm so that teams can play teams and solo can play solo. But definitely don’t get rid of Spartan companies. They were and are a great thing.

Mainly for Achilles, and to make more friends+be an unstoppable force.

As someone said, the point of Spartan Companies is to form in-game groups of players who like to play together. What people in the companies play may differ, but ultimately their implementation was to increase socializing in the game. The Warzone fireteam limit does not nullify the purpose of Spartan Companies.

This post seems less like an actual question about Spartan Co. and more like a thinly veiled complain about 6-man fireteam limits in Warzone. Please direct all future discussion about Warzone fireteam limits to the Warlords Feedback thread.