Whats the point of Pre-ordering?

My first game I really preordered was Halo 3. After that I got lazy because I didnt see the point.

For games like Gears/Cod(whichIhate)/ and everyother popular game, I just go up to gamestop that night, or Walmart and they SELL me the game with loads of extras and they GIVE me the preorder bonus reguardless.

Now I’ve tested this at loads of places. For Halo reach I went to WALMART! And since nobody goes to walmart for preorder games… I Got the game at 12, WITH a FREE beanie, WITH free doritos and FREE Mountain DEW, and ALL preorder armor. GAmestop didnt even beat that, and I didnt even have to PREORDER! And I was the ONLY person there. So No lines. Might I also mention that I got the LIMITED EDITION. And they had legendarys too.

For Gears 3, I did the same thing but at bestbuy! I then Called up gamestop in another state and got free codes from all the other stores like amazon, etc.

There IS NO point to preordering. That “OH UR GUARANTEED A COPY” bullcrap is stupid. OFC theyre going to have copys.

I’ve only preordered Halo 3 and StreetFighter 4. The rest, I didnt and still got more than I would of f I preordered. AND ALL WERE LIMITED editions

Better safe than sorry.

> Better safe than sorry.

Instead of it being, “YOURE GUARANTEED A COPY” its more like, “YOURE GUARENTEED TO GIVE US YOUR MONEY!”

Thats all preordering is. “Oh if I tell him it’s only 5 bucks… THEN HE’ll HAVE to come back and pay full price!”

It’s more for those people who want the Limited Edition, hence why I pre-ordered.

I pre-order because I’m too lazy to get to the store, I’ll just get it delivered in the morning. ;p

Isn’t there a high possibility that 343i will release all of the pre-order content (armor and emblems) some time after launch?

> It’s more for those people who want the Limited Edition, hence why I pre-ordered.

Not true. Ive gotten all my games as limited edition by doing this. WITH legendary copies left in the back. I dont get those though

> Isn’t there a high possibility that 343i will release all of the pre-order content (armor and emblems) some time after launch?

It’s highly probable.

> Isn’t there a high possibility that 343i will release all of the pre-order content (armor and emblems) some time after launch?

yep.

> > Better safe than sorry.
>
> Instead of it being, “YOURE GUARANTEED A COPY” its more like, “YOURE GUARENTEED TO GIVE US YOUR MONEY!”
>
> Thats all preordering is. “Oh if I tell him it’s only 5 bucks… THEN HE’ll HAVE to come back and pay full price!”

You have to pay an extra 5 bucks for pre-ordering? You don’t have to in my country, just the normal price. ;’)

> > > Better safe than sorry.
> >
> > Instead of it being, “YOURE GUARANTEED A COPY” its more like, “YOURE GUARENTEED TO GIVE US YOUR MONEY!”
> >
> > Thats all preordering is. “Oh if I tell him it’s only 5 bucks… THEN HE’ll HAVE to come back and pay full price!”
>
> You have to pay an extra 5 bucks for pre-ordering? You don’t have to in my country, just the normal price. ;’)

No, you put 5 bucks down on it. It’s basically saying that youre guarenteed to pay THEM for the game. So in stead of 60 bucks… its 55.

> > > > Better safe than sorry.
> > >
> > > Instead of it being, “YOURE GUARANTEED A COPY” its more like, “YOURE GUARENTEED TO GIVE US YOUR MONEY!”
> > >
> > > Thats all preordering is. “Oh if I tell him it’s only 5 bucks… THEN HE’ll HAVE to come back and pay full price!”
> >
> > You have to pay an extra 5 bucks for pre-ordering? You don’t have to in my country, just the normal price. ;’)
>
> No, you put 5 bucks down on it. It’s basically saying that youre guarenteed to pay THEM for the game. So in stead of 60 bucks… its 55.

And how does that matter? When I pre-order I pay the full price, not when I receive it. You want the game don’t you? So of course you’re going the buy it, else you wouldn’t pre-order it anyway…

I pre-order to make payments towards it and not have to pay as much release night. Other than that I only do it for the hell of it…

Obviously you guys have never worked at a retail store before. And youre not supposed to give out pre-order bonuses to people who have not pre-ordered the game. And anyone who has pre-ordered the game all their codes print out on the reciept. Trust me i know. Plus on another hand, all those people “giving” you the stuff i bet you know and are your friends. Plus pre-ordering is a good way not to break your bank if you dont want to pay $64.64 when the game comes out. you can have it paid for before then. And who goes to wal-mart to pre-order a game or even buy a game for that matter?

> > It’s more for those people who want the Limited Edition, hence why I pre-ordered.
>
> Not true. Ive gotten all my games as limited edition by doing this. WITH legendary copies left in the back. I dont get those though

The only reason why you are getting those copies is because the people who have pre-orded them have decided they didnt want them after all. So then they sell it to the general public. Or shall i say friends who want them. There is never a garentee that you will ever get any pre-oreder bonuses or any special edition copies of a game unless you pre-order them.

I don’t know where do you live, but here, if i don’t pre-order, there’s no way i’m getting any AAA game on D1.

> I don’t know where do you live, but here, if i don’t pre-order, there’s no way i’m getting any AAA game on D1.

Exactly, Maybe if you’re lucky and you wake up at the butt-crack of dawn to stay in line. Then you might get a copy of the game. When publishers ship the game they send the exact amount of pre-orders and then maybe like 50-100 more copies. And they will never send more then the amount of special edition copies they have pre-ordered.

I think games are created in abundance these days that preordering may seem pointless.

Although when Resident evil 4 released on Gamecube it sold out in all my local shops before 1pm on day of release.

I was absolutely disgusted and had to wait another 4 days…which might not seem like much, but when you we’re really looking forward to it and to be told to wait 4 more days…it was a killer wait and disappointment.

While unlikely they would sell out, I just preorder everything I intend to purchase now, like someone said… Better safe than sorry!

> Obviously you guys have never worked at a retail store before. And youre not supposed to give out pre-order bonuses to people who have not pre-ordered the game. And anyone who has pre-ordered the game all their codes print out on the reciept. Trust me i know. Plus on another hand, all those people “giving” you the stuff i bet you know and are your friends. Plus pre-ordering is a good way not to break your bank if you dont want to pay $64.64 when the game comes out. you can have it paid for before then. And who goes to wal-mart to pre-order a game or even buy a game for that matter?

No. They arent friends. They just have an abundance of the codes. Plus u can call anyway n get a code the next DAy by saying u lost urs

I only pre-order games I really look forward to, like Halo or Elder Scrolls. I just like to pay the game off early, so on release day I can just walk in, grab my game and leave no hassles.