What's the point of having a slayer arena playlist

When half of team arena games are going to be slayer?

They should remove slayer from arena in my opinion, or make one playlist for each game type.

I think 343i is trying to have arena like how the HCS is set up, some objective, some slayer.
thankfully, no breakout anymore.

I really badly just want an objective playlist because I hate playing slayer when I am in the mood to play and objective type game.

> 2533274848011469;4:
> I really badly just want an objective playlist because I hate playing slayer when I am in the mood to play and objective type game.

Agreed

> 2533274989334266;5:
> > 2533274848011469;4:
> > I really badly just want an objective playlist because I hate playing slayer when I am in the mood to play and objective type game.
>
>
> Agreed

I third this suggestion.

Yeah pretty dumb but we all know the game wasn’t finished properly on release I’m sure it’s in the works.

Team Slayer = keep it as is
Team Objective = Team Arena minus the slayer
Team Mercenary = the current Team Arena (objective+slayer) but a max party size of 1 for folks who want to search solo.

I’ve killed two birds with one extra playlist stone.

> 2533274907200114;6:
> > 2533274989334266;5:
> > > 2533274848011469;4:
> > > I really badly just want an objective playlist because I hate playing slayer when I am in the mood to play and objective type game.
> >
> >
> > Agreed
>
>
> I third this suggestion.

Yep, I agree. I mean I understand it’s supposed to be a change of pace gametype in the primarily objective mode, but seriously, if I want to play Slayer, I’ll go into Slayer.

> 2718244060817008;9:
> > 2533274907200114;6:
> > > 2533274989334266;5:
> > > > 2533274848011469;4:
> > > > I really badly just want an objective playlist because I hate playing slayer when I am in the mood to play and objective type game.
> > >
> > >
> > > Agreed
> >
> >
> > I third this suggestion.
>
>
> Yep, I agree. I mean I understand it’s supposed to be a change of pace gametype in the primarily objective mode, but seriously, if I want to play Slayer, I’ll go into Slayer.

I’ll go ahead and fifth this suggestion. (and the two buddies I always play with would undoubtedly sixth and seventh it.)

I really don’t get why “objective” modes are looked at in a different light compared to slayer. They’re all objective modes, including slayer.

They should just remove slayer from Team Arena. Not many people play Team Arena for Slayer, it should be only the objective games. You could argue that Slayer is an objective gamemode, but I don’t think it’s as relaxed.

> 2533274885638438;12:
> They should just remove slayer from Team Arena. Not many people play Team Arena for Slayer, it should be only the objective games. You could argue that Slayer is an objective gamemode, but I don’t think it’s as relaxed.

You think CTF and stronghold are relaxed game types compared to slayer?

> 2533274805497312;8:
> Team Slayer = keep it as is
> Team Objective = Team Arena minus the slayer
> Team Mercenary = the current Team Arena (objective+slayer) but a max party size of 1 for folks who want to search solo.
>
> I’ve killed two birds with one extra playlist stone.

I agree with this ^

> 2535446485707379;11:
> I really don’t get why “objective” modes are looked at in a different light compared to slayer. They’re all objective modes, including slayer.

You’re not wrong. Killing opponents is the objective of slayer, making it an objective game mode. By that argument, a game mode must be an objective mode or it would cease to be game. That, however, renders the terminology and distinction of “Slayer” vs “Objective” useless.
It likely originates from the idea that you (for the most part) need to kill opponents in any game mode, so “objective” modes have a primary objective on top of killing your opponents.
In the end though, it’s a colloquialism, and you just end up arguing over semantics. Even you who says “I really don’t get…” know perfectly well what is meant when someone says “I want to play an objective mode.”

> 2533274913126156;3:
> I think 343i is trying to have arena like how the HCS is set up, some objective, some slayer.
> thankfully, no breakout anymore.

I miss Arena Breakout.

YUP totally agree. I run thru Slayer so when I play team arena I would like to play more assault, CTF, ETC…

> 2533274805497312;8:
> Team Slayer = keep it as is
> Team Objective = Team Arena minus the slayer
> Team Mercenary = the current Team Arena (objective+slayer) but a max party size of 1 for folks who want to search solo.
>
> I’ve killed two birds with one extra playlist stone.

What if I want to play the HCS gametypes and maps with 3 friends? Play like I’m a pro. I can dream too. TA is becoming the HCS playlist. Maybe add team obj as the third playlist. And they are adding searching party limitation options in with this update. Problem solved without ruining what people currently like.

> 2533274845846487;18:
> > 2533274805497312;8:
> > Team Slayer = keep it as is
> > Team Objective = Team Arena minus the slayer
> > Team Mercenary = the current Team Arena (objective+slayer) but a max party size of 1 for folks who want to search solo.
> >
> > I’ve killed two birds with one extra playlist stone.
>
>
> What if I want to play the HCS gametypes and maps with 3 friends? Play like I’m a pro. I can dream too. TA is becoming the HCS playlist. Maybe add team obj as the third playlist. And they are adding searching party limitation options in with this update. Problem solved without ruining what people currently like.

1. The HCS Gametypes exist in the Team Slayer and Team Objective playlists. It’s not like the pro circuit is using non-default settings and gametypes anymore. If you wanna mimic them, then do a Game 1 Slayer, Games 2 and 3 Objective, Game 4 Slayer…etc.
  2. Party limitations are not included in the search options. The options are merely tightening or loosening current search parameters.

> 2533274805497312;19:
> > 2533274845846487;18:
> > > 2533274805497312;8:
> > > Team Slayer = keep it as is
> > > Team Objective = Team Arena minus the slayer
> > > Team Mercenary = the current Team Arena (objective+slayer) but a max party size of 1 for folks who want to search solo.
> > >
> > > I’ve killed two birds with one extra playlist stone.
> >
> >
> > What if I want to play the HCS gametypes and maps with 3 friends? Play like I’m a pro. I can dream too. TA is becoming the HCS playlist. Maybe add team obj as the third playlist. And they are adding searching party limitation options in with this update. Problem solved without ruining what people currently like.
>
>
> 1) The HCS Gametypes exist in the Team Slayer and Team Objective playlists. It’s not like the pro circuit is using non-default settings and gametypes anymore. If you wanna mimic them, then do a Game 1 Slayer, Games 2 and 3 Objective, Game 4 Slayer…etc.
> 2) Party limitations are not included in the search options. The options are merely tightening or loosening current search parameters.

Thanks for letting me know I was mistaken on the party limitations explicitly. But aren’t those somewhat considered in the first place? Just not prioritized? I felt that I saw that somewhere. If that were the case, setting the tighter restrictions make it kind of like a party limitation?

As for the other, I feel like adding a Team Obj playlist along the TA (maybe just call TA HCS at this point) would be fine. If you want the player cap that’s ok. But I don’t want to have to switch playlists tbf.