What's the melee range like in Halo 4?

I like Reach’s range. It’s not too short or too far. Halo 3’s is just ridiculous. It’s way too far. I hate it.

So, is it more like Reach’s, Halo 3’s, or different?

> I like Reach’s range. It’s not too short or too far. Halo 3’s is just ridiculous. It’s way too far. I hate it.
>
> So, is it more like Reach’s, Halo 3’s, or different?

This is actually a good question however it would take quite a while of at time to know where it stands

It’s been said in some threads that the lunge is pretty small so you have to be up in people’s face.

I think the amount of lunge and aim assist in both Halo 3 and Reach is ridiculous. I hope it’s less than both of those games.

I didnt really like Reach’s melee range. I think you lunge too much to melee in Reach.

Lunge in Reach was still big. It’s just that you had to have your crosshair on the enemy to lunge (IIRC). All I am certain of is that it was a pain to land a hit on your allies compared to Halo 3.

Halo 4’s lunge looks just right. Though I can’t say the same for the sword… unless it’s pull out speed is faster. That’d make my day.

> It’s been said in some threads that the lunge is pretty small so you have to be up in people’s face.

Actually you have to get a lot closer than that, you have to literally stand inside your opponent to land a hit. Though further experimentation is needed, once grifball makes it into the main playlist then we’ll get the exact range narrowed down.

It seems similar to the halo 3 melee but maybe not quite as far, it’s hard to compare to other halos being that melee has been so different throughout the series.

I think its most akin to halo 2’s lunge pre-TU. But with most things in this game, its inconsistent.

I think melee is one of the only things 343 got right with this game. It seems to work pretty well.

Sometimes, I still feel as if I am getting sword lunged by someone with a rifle but I always realize that it is lag and that on their screen, they are a lot closer to me.

I think it might be one of the smallest melee ranges of the series, aside from Combat Evolved of course.