whats the chance

What’s the chance that you played on the DLC maps online matchmaking

0% :frowning:

> 0% :frowning:

same here

> > 0% :frowning:
>
> same here

In order to play the DLC maps for Halo Wars, the game you are in must contain players that have ALL downloaded the maps. If one person doesn’t have it, game over.

If everybody has the map, the chances of a DLC map being chosen is 40%.

Dont try to do the math; there is none. Just a flat chance imposed by Robot back in the day. For 1v1, even though there are 2 new maps, the chance you will play on either is 40%, 40% for the 2v2 map, and 40% for the 3v3 map.

This is all for multiplayer online. You can play the maps whenever you want in cutsom.

-cpkbob

i think you don’t know what i am doing here

Slim to none, and slim just left town. :slight_smile:

30-40% on 3v3 Standard
20-30% on 2v2 Standard

> 30-40% on 3v3 Standard
> 20-30% on 2v2 Standard

It is 40% for all gametypes.

From halowars.com:

“In addition, our map distribution has been adjusted so that players that own the Historic Battles Map Pack will have a 40% chance to play on a new map as long as all players in the same game own the map pack as well. If one of the players in a game does not own the pack then only the original map distribution of Halo Wars maps will be used.”

> > 30-40% on 3v3 Standard
> > 20-30% on 2v2 Standard
>
> It is 40% for all gametypes.
>
> From halowars.com:
>
> “In addition, our map distribution has been adjusted so that players that own the Historic Battles Map Pack will have a 40% chance to play on a new map as long as all players in the same game own the map pack as well. If one of the players in a game does not own the pack then only the original map distribution of Halo Wars maps will be used.”

I hardly ever get map packs on 2v2 Standard. My 20 to 30 percent is correct.

> > > 30-40% on 3v3 Standard
> > > 20-30% on 2v2 Standard
> >
> > It is 40% for all gametypes.
> >
> > From halowars.com:
> >
> > “In addition, our map distribution has been adjusted so that players that own the Historic Battles Map Pack will have a 40% chance to play on a new map as long as all players in the same game own the map pack as well. If one of the players in a game does not own the pack then only the original map distribution of Halo Wars maps will be used.”
>
> I hardly ever get map packs on 2v2 Standard. My 20 to 30 percent is correct.

All 4 players have to have it. The current population is made up mostly of people who dont have the DLC. They are latecomers to a dying game, so they wont spend $10 on DLC when no one else has it either. It is 40%

> > > > 30-40% on 3v3 Standard
> > > > 20-30% on 2v2 Standard
> > >
> > > It is 40% for all gametypes.
> > >
> > > From halowars.com:
> > >
> > > “In addition, our map distribution has been adjusted so that players that own the Historic Battles Map Pack will have a 40% chance to play on a new map as long as all players in the same game own the map pack as well. If one of the players in a game does not own the pack then only the original map distribution of Halo Wars maps will be used.”
> >
> > I hardly ever get map packs on 2v2 Standard. My 20 to 30 percent is correct.
>
> All 4 players have to have it. The current population is made up mostly of people who dont have the DLC. They are latecomers to a dying game, so they wont spend $10 on DLC when no one else has it either. It is 40%

I disagree.

It is 23% for 2v2 Standard
It is 36% for 3v3 Standard

It is not 40%

The quote is from the game developers mouth.

Where are you getting those numbers? There is no sample you could provide to justify them.

> The quote is from the game developers mouth.
>
> Where are you getting those numbers? There is no sample you could provide to justify them.

I am totaling all the games played on Shipped maps and Downloadable maps.

As you stated ‘The majority of the players do not own the DLC’, therefore the percentage of the games played on DLC-maps are reduced.

I play against a lot of second accounts in 2v2, which has lowered my percentage a bit further.

> > The quote is from the game developers mouth.
> >
> > Where are you getting those numbers? There is no sample you could provide to justify them.
>
> I am totaling all the games played on Shipped maps and Downloadable maps.
>
> As you stated ‘The majority of the players do not own the DLC’, therefore the percentage of the games played on DLC-maps are reduced.
>
> I play against a lot of second accounts in 2v2, which has lowered my percentage a bit further.

The percentage would be right around 40% if every player had the DLC since the game was made. Alot of the games in your sample are from before the DLC was available, let alone payed for and downloaded, so the statistics are meaningless.

I wont argue that the percentage they are played is less tahn 40%, that can be figure out through math/logic. The fact remains, if all palyers have the map pack when a game starts, the chance of a DLC map being played on is 40%

> > > The quote is from the game developers mouth.
> > >
> > > Where are you getting those numbers? There is no sample you could provide to justify them.
> >
> > I am totaling all the games played on Shipped maps and Downloadable maps.
> >
> > As you stated ‘The majority of the players do not own the DLC’, therefore the percentage of the games played on DLC-maps are reduced.
> >
> > I play against a lot of second accounts in 2v2, which has lowered my percentage a bit further.
>
> The percentage would be right around 40% if every player had the DLC since the game was made. Alot of the games in your sample are from before the DLC was available, let alone payed for and downloaded, so the statistics are meaningless.
>
> I wont argue that the percentage they are played is less tahn 40%, that can be figure out through math/logic. The fact remains, if all palyers have the map pack when a game starts, the chance of a DLC map being played on is 40%

The fact will never be possible, therefore it should be written off and forgot about. I do not intend to enrage you, if I have so, I aplogize.

> > > > The quote is from the game developers mouth.
> > > >
> > > > Where are you getting those numbers? There is no sample you could provide to justify them.
> > >
> > > I am totaling all the games played on Shipped maps and Downloadable maps.
> > >
> > > As you stated ‘The majority of the players do not own the DLC’, therefore the percentage of the games played on DLC-maps are reduced.
> > >
> > > I play against a lot of second accounts in 2v2, which has lowered my percentage a bit further.
> >
> > The percentage would be right around 40% if every player had the DLC since the game was made. Alot of the games in your sample are from before the DLC was available, let alone payed for and downloaded, so the statistics are meaningless.
> >
> > I wont argue that the percentage they are played is less tahn 40%, that can be figure out through math/logic. The fact remains, if all palyers have the map pack when a game starts, the chance of a DLC map being played on is 40%
>
> The fact will never be possible, therefore it should be written off and forgot about. I do not intend to enrage you, if I have so, I aplogize.

No hard feelings here.

> > > > > The quote is from the game developers mouth.
> > > > >
> > > > > Where are you getting those numbers? There is no sample you could provide to justify them.
> > > >
> > > > I am totaling all the games played on Shipped maps and Downloadable maps.
> > > >
> > > > As you stated ‘The majority of the players do not own the DLC’, therefore the percentage of the games played on DLC-maps are reduced.
> > > >
> > > > I play against a lot of second accounts in 2v2, which has lowered my percentage a bit further.
> > >
> > > The percentage would be right around 40% if every player had the DLC since the game was made. Alot of the games in your sample are from before the DLC was available, let alone payed for and downloaded, so the statistics are meaningless.
> > >
> > > I wont argue that the percentage they are played is less tahn 40%, that can be figure out through math/logic. The fact remains, if all palyers have the map pack when a game starts, the chance of a DLC map being played on is 40%
> >
> > The fact will never be possible, therefore it should be written off and forgot about. I do not intend to enrage you, if I have so, I aplogize.
>
> No hard feelings here.

Okay, just making sure. Some people take my disagreements to heart as an insult.

Thanks for sharing information from the developers that was useful on calculating something I wouldn’t normally have done!