Whats the best Button layout?

Hey there folks! I am currently playing with the Bumper Jumper setup, but i keep hearing that Helljumper is even better, as you can smart scope with LT … wich makes alot of Dog fights alot easer if you need to ADS or so … so im wonderind what do you guys recommend? It dosent have to be either of these two, you can tell me on what layout you play to!

Modified bumper jumper, x is reload. It comes down to preference, do you feel natural using LT to scope? Thats a bit odd as far as standard halo controls go…its all up to you in the end.

I’ve always use Recon.

Amy way to modify and make a custom layout, or would that require an elite controller?

I’d like to train myself to use bumper jumper, but I’d prefer a hybrid layout with the default controls, or at least be able to swap thrusters with action/reload and crouch with sprint

This is what helps me when I think about button layout. Imagine your controller is a puppy. Treat the controller good, feed it twice a day. Use a rubber band to make the walks feel more effortless. That will improve your game.

It goes without saying that

> 2533274925310154;1:
> Hey there folks! I am currently playing with the Bumper Jumper setup, but i keep hearing that Helljumper is even better, as you can smart scope with LT … wich makes alot of Dog fights alot easer if you need to ADS or so … so im wonderind what do you guys recommend? It dosent have to be either of these two, you can tell me on what layout you play to!

I recommend whatever works for you. Different play styles and different hands mean that different things feel comfortable.

I still stand by Recon controls…

I prefer the Halo 4 setup, by far… Everything is right where i need it to be and it feels like Halo… Ground Pounding is a breeze too.

I think Default controls work best with the Elite controller like using the extra buttons form Thrusters to the grenade swaps.

Default lol

Play what suits you the best, there’s nothing like “players with helljumper con are gonna wreck bumper jumpers everytime”, and vice versa.
If you’re that curious about it, why not try it out ?
We can’t help you with that.

Halo 4 Controls are good if you want to have thruster and melee bumpers. But it makes crouch B and the zoom on the sniper rifle now have the regular zoom not the left stick.

Default with the elite controller two paddles one for jump one for boost, I might add more paddles in the future for sprint or change weapons but for now they are working okay

Wish there was a way to customise your control scheme to your liking. Assign each action to a button of your choice. For now i stick with Default

> 2533274982539711;14:
> Wish there was a way to customise your control scheme to your liking. Assign each action to a button of your choice. For now i stick with Default

You can do that through the “accessories” app I believe, but it like hard remaps your controller not specific to halo 5

> 2535409489305717;12:
> Halo 4 Controls are good if you want to have thruster and melee bumpers. But it makes crouch B and the zoom on the sniper rifle now have the regular zoom not the left stick.

But that’s the beauty of Halo 4 control. Zoom has always be and will always (for me) be on the right joystick. I have an elite controller so I have map A/B/Y to paddles so my thumbs never move from joystick

Halo 4

> 2533274872647908;16:
> > 2535409489305717;12:
> > Halo 4 Controls are good if you want to have thruster and melee bumpers. But it makes crouch B and the zoom on the sniper rifle now have the regular zoom not the left stick.
>
>
> But that’s the beauty of Halo 4 control. Zoom has always be and will always (for me) be on the right joystick. I have an elite controller so I have map A/B/Y to paddles so my thumbs never move from joystick

Well it might work for you since you have Elite Controller while I don’t.

> 2535409489305717;18:
> > 2533274872647908;16:
> > > 2535409489305717;12:
> > > Halo 4 Controls are good if you want to have thruster and melee bumpers. But it makes crouch B and the zoom on the sniper rifle now have the regular zoom not the left stick.
> >
> >
> > But that’s the beauty of Halo 4 control. Zoom has always be and will always (for me) be on the right joystick. I have an elite controller so I have map A/B/Y to paddles so my thumbs never move from joystick
>
>
> Well it might work for you since you have Elite Controller while I don’t.

I didn’t get my Elite controller on Day 1 and it worked well for me for a while. I’m just so use to the old settings that I can’t try any like Bumper Jumper. My brain can’t adapt even if I try it for a couple days.

I know its a little off topic but I think that everyone should buy an elite controller.
For the cost of a regular controller (60-80) its only 70-100 more dollars…If you break that down in terms of:
-Wait on two games that you would have bought new until they are on saleused for cheap
-sell some random -Yoink- on craigslist
-Pick up an extra shift at work once

Its so much better than a regular controller with or without the paddles I’ll never go back.
In fact, I’m considering buying a PS4k to play 4k blurays and play some playstation exclusives on it but I won’t ever get a cross platform game on it because they don’t offer an elite version of their controller