Whats so bad with reaches Firefight

I ask because I see so many complain about it but I don’t see why?
I personally love it.
I However have only played MM on FF once and hated it
is that where the hate is coming from?
I just wana know

I do not know, but a couple days ago I started a thread disussing firefight and the only guy who responded was a guy who talked about those gametypes that give super jet pack invinc and bottomless clip snipers… I hate those gametypes.
but any way what do you think of fully forgable firefight maps?

see? any firefight threads die shortly after creation

What was the most liked Firefight map in ODST?
Lost Platoon

Why?
It had vehicles, which made a lot more fun.

What did Bungie not make for Reach?
A firefight map for specifically vehicles.

You can guess the rest…

Infinite ammo crates.

>:(

Mainly because ODST’s was so much better IMO. You were weak and it emphasized survival and holding out. Rather than infinite ammo caches, the supply was limited and only refilled each set, along with designated power weapons. Lives were shared between everyone playing and it wasn’t extremely laggy with 4 guys over Live. There were vehicles you could jack like the chopper to use for yourself along with the vehicles set out from spawn on large maps, while small maps really emphasized holding out in a small area as progressively harder waves came. It really made you have to work as a team to get things done effectively, unlike in Reach where everyone is sort of trying for a lone wolf approach. You were only given rather basic and weak weapons from start really emphasizing having to scavenge for weapons and vehicles to use to your advantage. It just played more fun than Reach’s where, while it’s fun to play gametypes like FRG fight or sniper fight, they don’t emphasize scavenging and holding out as much, but rather running out killing everything in your path with little to no consequence like a lone wolf.

> Mainly because ODST’s was so much better IMO. You were weak and it emphasized survival and holding out. Rather than infinite ammo caches, the supply was limited and only refilled each set, along with designated power weapons. Lives were shared between everyone playing and it wasn’t extremely laggy with 4 guys over Live. There were vehicles you could jack like the chopper to use for yourself along with the vehicles set out from spawn on large maps, while small maps really emphasized holding out in a small area as progressively harder waves came. It really made you have to work as a team to get things done effectively, unlike in Reach where everyone is sort of trying for a lone wolf approach. You were only given rather basic and weak weapons from start really emphasizing having to scavenge for weapons and vehicles to use to your advantage. It just played more fun than Reach’s where, while it’s fun to play gametypes like FRG fight or sniper fight, they don’t emphasize scavenging and holding out as much, but rather running out killing everything in your path with little to no consequence like a lone wolf.

1. infinite ammo crates

there is no feeling of “oh -Yoink- im out of ammo, i need to scrounge around and make due with what i find on teh battle field” its just hey lets sprint back super fast and grab never ending ammo

1. Enemies

They tried to cram sooo many Ai in one wave and sometiems they just stand there beign dumb. They shoudl have went with less enemies but smarter ones.

the majority of maps are mediocre, and it doesn’t give the feeling of fighting for your survival as ODST did. Infinite ammo crates helped that much more. In ODST, conserving your ammo played a big role, making the “survival” feeling even heavier. Now we can just freely jump back into a safe spot and refill as much as we want. Safe spots were also a problem. While ODST had safe spots, they were incredibly small, but still posed dangers.
Reach’s firefight maps have by default huge safe spots where people can hide when they’re about to die, except for waterfront, but that map was terrible. There is no constant fighting for survival. You can just jump back and relax and refill your ammo as you wish.