Whats so bad about jet pack?

At least it isn’t reaches jp. Here i’m lucky if i can jet pack onto a rock before it runs out, I hardly ever use, I hardly ever see anyone use it. Ac is another thing but whats so bad about jet pack.

It breaks gameplay by desiccating the need to use any form of walkways that were strategically placed by devs/Forgers when they made their maps.

Why go through something when you can go around it?

Jetpack is so much better in this game than it was in Reach. That said, if it got removed/nerfed I wouldn’t care. Reach Jetpackers can all die in hellfire. Jetpackers in this game don’t bother me much.

I use jetpack all the time, problem?

It breaks map flow… Surprise surprise considering EVERYTHING in this game breaks the flow of the game. It’s better than in Reach but should be removed completely.

It’s ridiculously annoying to get the jump on someone and for them to turn around, hold down the button on their jetpack and fly away while they hose you down with bullets. The sudden change in player elevation is jarring and hard to get a headshot on them.

Also, the high ground which should be a strategic place means nothing anymore as players can just jetpack up there and take it over, bomb it with grenades or spam bullets.

That’s why jetpack is horrible and why it should be removed.

Nothing from where I’m sitting. Arguments about it ‘breaking the map or flow’ should be limited to forge only, cuz you know 343 built theirs with jet pack in mind.

> Nothing from where I’m sitting. Arguments about it ‘breaking the map or flow’ should be limited to forge only, <mark>cuz you know 343 built theirs with jet pack in mind.</mark>

Which would then lead to bad maps in general.

Mostly I hear that it supposedly breaks maps. However, you can’t “break” maps that were designed knowing Jetpack was in-game. It’s not like jetpack was a last minuet addition that the map creators didn’t see coming and totally ruins the “map flow” of multiplayer. Jetpackers are easy to take out, easy to find and not worth whining about.

If you can look up, you can defeat a jetpack user.

I have always enjoyed the Jetpack. To me it seems balanced enough and I haven’t seen or heard complaints from it but I can’t speak for anyone.

> It breaks gameplay by desiccating the need to use any form of walkways that were strategically placed by devs/Forgers when they made their maps.
>
> Why go through something when you can go around it?

Agreed,

Jet pack is great, but like Andycus says it breaks gameplay.

Games are so much more interesting when there are no jet packs, it is easy to predict where people may be heading, as they need to use walkways etc. With JP, you just go where you want.

Imagine Halo 3 map “Highground” with JP. That map would play so differently, because you could not hold the gate, as people could just JP over the wall.

JP is cool, but in Matchmaking is bad.

I wouldn’t mind seeing the JP as a Power Item that is a pickup only item, like the Overshield and Active Camo. This would work much better.

> > It breaks gameplay by desiccating the need to use any form of walkways that were strategically placed by devs/Forgers when they made their maps.
> >
> > Why go through something when you can go around it?
>
> Agreed,
>
> Jet pack is great, but like Andycus says it breaks gameplay.
>
> Games are so much more interesting when there are no jet packs, it is easy to predict where people may be heading, as they need to use walkways etc. With JP, you just go where you want.
>
> Imagine Halo 3 map “Highground” with JP. That map would play so differently, because you could not hold the gate, as people could just JP over the wall.
>
> JP is cool, but in Matchmaking is bad.
>
> <mark>I wouldn’t mind seeing the JP as a Power Item that is a pickup only item, like the Overshield and Active Camo. This would work much better.
[/quote]
</mark>
>
>
> And having a single use would bring down(pun intended) the number of people using it. But if you are going to have a single use propulsion system, why not a grav lift?

> Mostly I hear that it supposedly breaks maps. However, you can’t “break” maps that were designed knowing Jetpack was in-game. It’s not like jetpack was a last minuet addition that the map creators didn’t see coming and totally ruins the “map flow” of multiplayer. Jetpackers are easy to take out, easy to find and not worth whining about.
>
> If you can look up, you can defeat a jetpack user.

Your having a 1v1 duel and you get to 1 shot and take cover behind a rock.

Your enemy has JP and just JP up and gets headshot. This sucks, and feel like a cheat if your the one who JP.

If the person didn’t have JP, they would either use a grenade if they had one, or have to get up close. Where depending in what weapon you had, may have the advantage. JP destroys these little cat and mice games which are normally very fun.

A possible way to balance Jetpacking would be to make it so that the Jetpack will detonate after being shot enough while it’s user is flying. This may counter the annoying “soaring Eagle piloting a blimp” effect that it has on gameplay, it still does not fix the negative impact it has on map-flow.

> A possible way to balance Jetpacking would be to make it so that the Jetpack will detonate after being shot enough while it’s user is flying. This may counter the annoying “soaring Eagle piloting a blimp” effect that it has on gameplay, it still does not fix the negative impact it has on map-flow.

Well, if you have an auto, then that would be hilarious, and may work.
Good thinking.

I miss having vertical maps. Because of Jetpack, everything needs to be flat and boring.

> It breaks map flow… Surprise surprise considering EVERYTHING in this game breaks the flow of the game. It’s better than in Reach but should be removed completely.

You come around a corner and there is a guy floating in the air above you … What makes it worse is that you got rockets. There is nothing you can do because he’s flying in Halo, you either have to run away or just accept the death and lose a power weapon.

> At least it isn’t reaches jp. Here i’m lucky if i can jet pack onto a rock before it runs out, I hardly ever use, I hardly ever see anyone use it. Ac is another thing but whats so bad about jet pack.

Absolutly nothing is what’s wrong with jet pack, I swear people who cry about jet pack just suck with it. Any good jet packer knows how difficult it is to and how skilled you need be to make effective use of the jetpack.

jetpack takes skill? news to me… didnt know flying over cover, not having to use tactical jumps, negating power positions, and general map flow breaking was skillful

> > It breaks gameplay by desiccating the need to use any form of walkways that were strategically placed by devs/Forgers when they made their maps.
> >
> > Why go through something when you can go around it?
>
> Agreed,
>
> Jet pack is great, but like Andycus says it breaks gameplay.
>
> Games are so much more interesting when there are no jet packs, it is easy to predict where people may be heading, as they need to use walkways etc. With JP, you just go where you want.
>
> Imagine Halo 3 map “Highground” with JP. That map would play so differently, because you could not hold the gate, as people could just JP over the wall.
>
> JP is cool, but in Matchmaking is bad.
>
> I wouldn’t mind seeing the JP as a Power Item that is a pickup only item, like the Overshield and Active Camo. This would work much better.

Exactly. What. He. Said.