What's more effective against...

…a Legendary Promethean Knight?

I’ve begun a Legendary playthrough solo campaign and have reached the stage where you first encounter the Prometheans.

So far it’s pretty smooth sailing, but the Pro Knights have, AFAIK, no consistent method for taking them down i.e. crawlers are simple Bolt shot to the face; watchers are mostly lightrifle about 7-8 times

I’ve managed to destroy a couple of Knights with a charged Boltshot, but I can’t figure out which conditions this works best, or which weapon to use before trying the Boltshot. For example, a Knight sometimes absorbs 2 direct Charged Boltshots to the face even after absorbing almost a full barrage of Suppressor fire. At other times, the Charged Boltshot kills it, but it seems inconsistent

Any ideas?

For the record, I’m using the Skull which “amplifies enemy strengths and weakness”.

They’re really just bullet sponges, depending on the class the bigger weapons they have and the more health.

I usually just Boltshot them and melee them a couple times. They’re slow lugs and not very dangerous unless they have a canon or a scattershot.

Then again, you are using tilt skull… That’s a whole different ball game.

Best bet is to get in close, side-step them and beat them down/assassinate them. Generally do it when they go to melee, it’s when they’re most open.

Put on the Catch skull.

On Legendary, I make sure i carry extra Sticky Grenades, a Shotgun, and Rockets to take on the Promie Knights.
HINT: This reminds me so much of one post on Halo: CEA on what’s moe effective against Legendary Flood in the Library, lol.

> Put on the Catch skull.

Oh…Dear GOD, No…they’ll teleport all over the place. If Grunt Funeral was in Halo 4 and the Grunts were beside the Knights, boy would that make my day, lol.

I try to do what I always do, save them for last. I usually shoot a suppressor at them (1-2 whole magazines) and try to walk around them while doing so to go for the assassination. It works for Me

I throw Pulse nades at them. Actually I tend to spam Pulses to them, and if I hit them directly with one, they will back off a little, becoming vulnerable.

Punch their back.

Hologram also helps a lot.

> > Put on the Catch skull.
>
> Oh…Dear GOD, No…they’ll teleport all over the place. If Grunt Funeral was in Halo 4 and the Grunts were beside the Knights, boy would that make my day, lol.

Catch makes them throw grenades 24/7

Like this

The Tilt Skull affects your shields as well, so you should have an easier time in melee combat with them.

I didn’t play w/ the tilt skull on, but I think I generally tried to use suppressor to take on the Knights. It seemed to be fairly effective on Legendary.

Assassinations.

I shot them from long range until they teleport/charged, sidestepped them then hit them with Boltshot, Suppressor (probably the best) AR then melee them after their shields drop.

Lol, the Boltshot. Comically effective in MM. Comically ineffective in Campaign.

Auto-Sentry, Plasma Pistols, and a Precision weapon are your best friends in Campaign. Suppressors are surprisingly effective as well.

Just reading some repsonses:

I failed to consider the different classes of Knights, which could explain inconsistency in methods to kill. Might need to look into the classes more and see what differences they have in terms of health, shields etc

Also, I’m doing this through the Campaign mode, which AFAIK doesn’t allow for the selection of Armour Ability. Maybe this happens later in the game, but I don’t see the option for it at this point in the campaign progress

Considering I use the Tilt skull, does anybody actually know what strengths and weaknesses of the Pro Knight are affected?

I think I’ll try the suggested assassination method, since I’ve found that taking cover (read: hiding) is pretty effective. All that is needed is to move in for the kill when they’re not looking. Bullets often have no tangible effect.

Thanks.

Frankly, I saw the option to use a Suppressor and go on an all-out frontal attack very effective, well, at least just when they are alome. The thing eats their shields at close range, and doesn’t give them room to breath like presition weaps.

bolshots, vehicles, plasma grenades, pulse grenades, any shotgun, any heavy weapon
and if u are quick enough, make them fail their meele attacks to assassinate them.

> > > Put on the Catch skull.
> >
> > Oh…Dear GOD, No…they’ll teleport all over the place. If Grunt Funeral was in Halo 4 and the Grunts were beside the Knights, boy would that make my day, lol.
>
> Catch makes them throw grenades 24/7
>
> Like this

I know, I did that in Campaign with just Catch, no Tough Luck. Yeah, they may throw Pulses, but when i stand throwing, they somehow teleport.

> …a Legendary Promethean Knight?
>
> I’ve begun a Legendary playthrough solo campaign and have reached the stage where you first encounter the Prometheans.
>
> So far it’s pretty smooth sailing, but the Pro Knights have, AFAIK, no consistent method for taking them down i.e. crawlers are simple Bolt shot to the face; watchers are mostly lightrifle about 7-8 times
>
> I’ve managed to destroy a couple of Knights with a charged Boltshot, but I can’t figure out which conditions this works best, or which weapon to use before trying the Boltshot. For example, a Knight sometimes absorbs 2 direct Charged Boltshots to the face even after absorbing almost a full barrage of Suppressor fire. At other times, the Charged Boltshot kills it, but it seems inconsistent
>
> Any ideas?
>
> For the record, I’m using the Skull which “amplifies enemy strengths and weakness”.

Never use the following weapons against a Knight when playing Solo:

-Boltshot
-Scattershot (sometimes it can help but it can be inconsistent)
-Binary Rifle

Suppressor and Light Rifle combo is by far the most reliable, but Covie weapons and vehicles absolutely ace Knights. Of course, you could just close the distance and beatdown or assassinate, once you’ve figured out their melee patterns.

You can also spawn kill and exploit their predictable teleport.