Whats it like when playing campaign online?

I might get Gold when I turn 12 or 13 so I just wanted to know in advance.

If you find good people its fun, but they rush through the level to fast. Otherwise there are people who don’t like the level and either quit or AFK. Then there are the betrayers. Also the population is rather slow and it lags at some points. And New Alexandria is the absolute worse level to go on in co-op because of them fighting over the Falcon. If you can find a good group of people, its fun, but otherwise its a pain and if you are doing it for Commendations, you be better to play by yourself or with your own friends.

It’s laggy as hell, and for some reason I just can’t comprehend people always want to play on normal difficulty.

> It’s laggy as hell, and for some reason I just can’t comprehend people always want to play on normal difficulty.

Yep, every time I do a daily with a friend either I just stand there or he does. Whoever has host runs through it.
To much lag.

Ok, thanks for the help.

> It’s laggy as hell, and for some reason I just can’t comprehend people always want to play on normal difficulty.

Man this is it, I don’t even play it on heroic anymore unless it’s for a challenge, or I’m playing with my bro who is only after comms and flawless cowboys. I need to play it on legendary; it’s the only way to go.

LAAAAAAAGGG

Button lag reigns supreme in co-op campaign, however if you choose to prioritize players with good connections before you search, there’s a chance you could get into a lag free game.

I’m assuming you refer to Co-Op Campaign, since Solo Campaign online is no different to offline.

If you’re not host, you’re going to experience lag when it comes to performing actions. Unlike Matchmaking where you shoot as soon as you press the trigger, in Campaign/Firefight you won’t actually physically shoot your gun until it registers on the host’s Xbox that you pressed the trigger.

TL;DR: Too laggy to enjoy.

Well I never play on normal, or easy anymore, I always play on Heroic and Legendary for a challenge. Plus I want to prioritize my search settings to make it so it searches for people that speaks my language (English), and has a good connection, I don’t mind having a longer search time if I get to atleast have a good time. But if I get Gold for my birthday I might go into recruiting to find new friends to play Halo 3, ODST, maybe Wars, and Reach, and eventually Halo 4. But for Reach I hope I can get the Haunted helmet before then because it looks so cool.

By the way, I’ll also want to play in multiplayer from time to time, but mostly campaign.