What's happened to Halo

Another month and another update has come to us and added more reqs and two new maps. Also the beta for Warzone Firefight is out (YEAH!!!) But dose it seem that Halo 5 isn’t as fun as it once was.

I know this isn’t a groundbreaking post about 343i or about the gameplay. It’s just one simple question. With everything that we’ve gotten so far from forge to some great maps to awesome looking armor and amazing weapon skins and assassinations that can put your enemies to shame, is Halo 5 worth playing anymore?

My personal answer is quite simple.

Weapon skins and new animations that do the same job don’t equal more/good/fun gameplay and replay-ability.

> 2547348539238747;2:
> My personal answer is quite simple.
>
> Weapon skins and new animations that do the same job don’t equal more/good/fun gameplay and replay-ability.

I second this, they are literally bloating it with these. Also the gameplay feels unnatural, there is also the lack of social environment which turned many people off, and the maps… well, they are not really enjoyable.

B-but Spartan Abilities & Sprint are modern and add to Halos gameplay and make it moar tactical, you just hate 343, they giff us free DLC and Awesome Warzone Firefight.
/Sarcasm

No I think that Halo 5 is not worth playing, population has dropped, 343 wont even fix their previous MCC Disaster & are unwilling to admit that their spin on Halo just wont work.

> 2533274848939889;4:
> B-but Spartan Abilities & Sprint are modern and add to Halos gameplay and make it moar tactical, you just hate 343, they giff us free DLC and Awesome Warzone Firefight.
> /Sarcasm
>
> No I think that Halo 5 is not worth playing, population has dropped, 343 wont even fix their previous MCC Disaster & are unwilling to admit that their spin on Halo just wont work.

Agreed. I gave up on arena a long time ago because of the atrocious maps and have only played Warzone, which is also getting boring now. I think a lot of people have left Halo in recent months because H5 has no replay value and has gotten quite boring.

I think so I have been playing everyday since release.

It’s still very fun to me so I’d say it’s still worth playing.

I still really enjoy the game and likely will for a long time to come.

I am having fun and still playing, although not as much play time. Take a break.

I’m not sure exactly what a game would have to have or have to be in order for it to have the kind of replayability that you’re describing. If somebody produced the best video game ever and a player didn’t tire of it after a few months then I’d say that that player was incredibly unimaginitive, unintelligent, obsessive-compulsive, or some combination of all of those things.

If you thought H3 or Reach was the golden child, and now you tire of Halo more easily, then the obvious answer is that you’re not thirteen anymore. Why are people always trying to blame the game?

> 2533274873843883;10:
> I’m not sure exactly what a game would have to have or have to be in order for it to have the kind of replayability that you’re describing. If somebody produced the best video game ever and a player didn’t tire of it after a few months then I’d say that that player was incredibly unimaginitive, unintelligent, obsessive-compulsive, or some combination of all of those things.
>
> If you thought H3 or Reach was the golden child, and now you tire of Halo more easily, then the obvious answer is that you’re not thirteen anymore. Why are people always trying to blame the game?

For a game to be replayability it need something new. And I’m not blaming the game, it’s just the simple fact that Halo is finally reaching it’s point of never being playable. It’s not the games fault it’s the people who made it. I’m talking about, H5 and how even though we’ve gotten all of thes cool updates and whatnot, it’s no longer enjoyable to play. That’s the point, I’m not here to talk about the age of gamers and how the think the best Halo was. This is about H5 not the other games.

And that’s great that you think it’s still great to play. I just don’t see it anymore.

I play everyday from Day One , and everyday iI fell it as the first day …FUN …

> I’m not sure exactly what a game would have to have or have to be in order for it to have the kind of replayability that you’re describing. If somebody produced the best video game ever and a player didn’t tire of it after a few months then I’d say that that player was incredibly unimaginitive, unintelligent, obsessive-compulsive, or some combination of all of those things.

I don’t even know how to respond to this.

So if someone can find enjoyment in a game for years (and it wasn’t even that long ago where this was considered the norm), they’re a long list of derogatory terms?

Has casual gaming seriously exploded so much that people can no longer even comprehend the concept of gamers not drifting from new release to new release every
month? I didn’t realize things had reached that point already.

> 2533274819302824;13:
> > I’m not sure exactly what a game would have to have or have to be in order for it to have the kind of replayability that you’re describing. If somebody produced the best video game ever and a player didn’t tire of it after a few months then I’d say that that player was incredibly unimaginitive, unintelligent, obsessive-compulsive, or some combination of all of those things.
>
>
> I don’t even know how to respond to this.
>
> So if someone can find enjoyment in a game for years (and it wasn’t even that long ago where this was considered the norm), they’re a long list of derogatory terms?
>
> Has casual gaming seriously exploded so much that people can no longer even comprehend the concept of gamers not drifting from new release to new release every
> month? I didn’t realize things had reached that point already.

I guess what I’m saying is that there is only so much content + formula that can be crammed onto one disc. How does a person play ten matches of Halo 3 team slayer a week, every week of the year, for three years, and not come to the end of that experience feeling… like they’ve done it all a thousand times before, regardless of whether the experience wears well or not? I know that I’ve felt that way near the end of every title. It doesn’t tarnish my love of Halo, and yes, I’d say I’m very much obsessive/compulsive to play as much as I do in spite of the repetitive nature of gaming. I don’t really consider O/C to be derogatory, and I’m not even trying to be hard on the unimaginative. I’m definitely on that spectrum too. But how else can you account for our willingness to trod the same path over and over and over again while still thinking the experience can be fresh and new ad infinitum?

Gamers are weird, man. You’ve played the game more than 11 days worth in the 6 months it has been out. Saying it’s not as fun as it was is pretty understandable.

> 2533274805497312;15:
> Gamers are weird, man. You’ve played the game more than 11 days worth in the 6 months it has been out. Saying it’s not as fun as it was is pretty understandable.

Variety is the spice of life. It’s a good time to be a gamer. There are so many options. People should play other games. And they should come back to other games. It’s really the only way to gain perspective. Sure, I play other games, but I still find myself coming back to Halo.

> 2533274805497312;15:
> Gamers are weird, man. You’ve played the game more than 11 days worth in the 6 months it has been out. Saying it’s not as fun as it was is pretty understandable.

Do anything enough, and it will become a chore.

> 2533274809541057;17:
> > 2533274805497312;15:
> > Gamers are weird, man. You’ve played the game more than 11 days worth in the 6 months it has been out. Saying it’s not as fun as it was is pretty understandable.
>
>
> Do anything enough, and it will become a chore.

However they say if you do what you love you’ll never feel like you worked a day in your life so maybe there is a flaw in the system…just exploring philosophies.

> 2535455681930574;7:
> It’s still very fun to me so I’d say it’s still worth playing.

> 2533274989334266;8:
> I still really enjoy the game and likely will for a long time to come.

I agree with you guys. It’s fun now and will continue to get more fun.

> 2533275031861753;1:
> great maps to awesome looking armor and amazing weapon skins

We got those?