What's gonna happen with gameplay?

I’ve been playing Halo since CE days and enjoyed every moment. But as much as I loved Halo 2-3, I just don’t want the same slow-paced gameplay from it… I actually liked Halo 5’s gameplay because it was absolutely phenomenal. It still feels like Halo, it’s still primitive and refreshing. The gameplay made me feel more like a super soldier than any of the previous games because after playing odst, Halo 1-3 made me feel like I was a marine. Either way I’m curious and can’t wait till they show more!

im very curious as well hopefully we learn more info before end of the year

I think it’s safe to say unlimited sprint, clambering, and thrusting are here to stay. Ground pound and Spartan Charge are probably on the chopping block I think.

> 2533274823069762;3:
> I think it’s safe to say unlimited sprint, clambering, and thrusting are here to stay. Ground pound and Spartan Charge are probably on the chopping block I think.

Yeah they definitely should stay as basic abilities… maybe they can make it where different tiered armor varients allow other abilities.

> 2533274836846179;4:
> > 2533274823069762;3:
> > I think it’s safe to say unlimited sprint, clambering, and thrusting are here to stay. Ground pound and Spartan Charge are probably on the chopping block I think.
>
> Yeah they definitely should stay as basic abilities… maybe they can make it where different tiered armor varients allow other abilities.

If so that’s gonna be a challenge for it to be balanced so probably not likely
<p></p>

It’s gonna be a solid week before I allow myself to get sucked back into this debate -Yoinking!- again. Considering that we have like 2 other threads talking about the gameplay of infinite

You’ve been playing Halo since CE? Unbelievable, what are your memories of playing it if you have then?

> 2533274823069762;3:
> I think it’s safe to say unlimited sprint, clambering, and thrusting are here to stay. Ground pound and Spartan Charge are probably on the chopping block I think.

The only problem with Sprint being unlimited is that now the mechanic just becomes base movement with added restrictions from Sprint that no longer function and don’t need to be there. There’s no downtime and ideally you’d never stop Sprinting. Also any buffs will make base movement even more irrelevant, like being able to shoot or throw grenades, which otherwise are the main means of attack. The mechanic just can’t evolve or change past Halo 5 and doesn’t offer new gameplay at a certain point.

I’d like the Halo 2/3 gameplay back because it was balanced and well-paced. Halo 5 is too fast in my opinion. It just gets nauseating when people are jumping all over the map and map control has no significance. I guess they could always take a page from Titanfall and increase the map size to combat the increased maneuverability.

I’d be fine with a compromise but I really don’t want full on modern mobility, it doesn’t feel like Halo to me.

Well the thing is, is that Halo has had a significant changes in each and every game.(Halo:CE- original shooter, Halo 2- duel wielding and playable elites, Halo 3- equipments, playable elites again, and forge, Halo 3 ODST- played as orbital drop marines and the gameplay made you realize that H3’s gameplay made you feel like you were playing as a marine, Halo Reach- had sprint and other abilities as well as assassinations, which made the game more immersive, also a better forge, Halo 4- the story of the campaign was amazing, didn’t really add much to it other than other abilities, Halo 5- gameplay in my opinion was phenomenal, felt fluent and STILL felt like Halo, also added necessity abilities like ADS, sprint, clamber thrusters that made the game feel a bit more immersive and the best forge ever in the series) so each game had different changes in gameplay the more the game expanded, and I feel that gameplay should evolve over time. I don’t see the gameplay changing anytime soon, they may at least remove Spartan charge but everything else I thought was good.

> 2533274836846179;1:
> I’ve been playing Halo since CE days and enjoyed every moment. But as much as I loved Halo 2-3, I just don’t want the same slow-paced gameplay from it… I actually liked Halo 5’s gameplay because it was absolutely phenomenal. It still feels like Halo, it’s still primitive and refreshing. The gameplay made me feel more like a super soldier than any of the previous games because after playing odst, Halo 1-3 made me feel like I was a marine. Either way I’m curious and can’t wait till they show more!

id imagine they’d replicate their halo 5 movement in some manner if not close to it being as it was their most prestine project that 343 has taken and im sure they are individually proud of what they came up with. Alot of people agree with that style of movement anyway. Plus it kinda fits the setting of sci fi.

> 2533274836846179;1:
> I’ve been playing Halo since CE days and enjoyed every moment. But as much as I loved Halo 2-3, I just don’t want the same slow-paced gameplay from it… I actually liked Halo 5’s gameplay because it was absolutely phenomenal. It still feels like Halo, it’s still primitive and refreshing. The gameplay made me feel more like a super soldier than any of the previous games because after playing odst, Halo 1-3 made me feel like I was a marine. Either way I’m curious and can’t wait till they show more!

I completely agree with you. None of us want the old, clunky slow Chief from the MCC anymore. 343i must keep sprint in Halo Infinite.

> 2535444702990491;13:
> > 2533274836846179;1:
> > I’ve been playing Halo since CE days and enjoyed every moment. But as much as I loved Halo 2-3, I just don’t want the same slow-paced gameplay from it… I actually liked Halo 5’s gameplay because it was absolutely phenomenal. It still feels like Halo, it’s still primitive and refreshing. The gameplay made me feel more like a super soldier than any of the previous games because after playing odst, Halo 1-3 made me feel like I was a marine. Either way I’m curious and can’t wait till they show more!
>
> I completely agree with you. None of us want the old, clunky slow Chief from the MCC anymore. 343i must keep sprint in Halo Infinite.

Online reaction and overwhelming positive reaction to the teaser with “it’s like classic Halo” being the main takeaway would beg to differ on that “none” mention.

> 2533274836395701;14:
> > 2535444702990491;13:
> > > 2533274836846179;1:
> > > I’ve been playing Halo since CE days and enjoyed every moment. But as much as I loved Halo 2-3, I just don’t want the same slow-paced gameplay from it… I actually liked Halo 5’s gameplay because it was absolutely phenomenal. It still feels like Halo, it’s still primitive and refreshing. The gameplay made me feel more like a super soldier than any of the previous games because after playing odst, Halo 1-3 made me feel like I was a marine. Either way I’m curious and can’t wait till they show more!
> >
> > I completely agree with you. None of us want the old, clunky slow Chief from the MCC anymore. 343i must keep sprint in Halo Infinite.
>
> Online reaction and overwhelming positive reaction to the teaser with “it’s like classic Halo” being the main takeaway would beg to differ on that “none” mention.

Daily reminder that art style is not equal to movement mechanics.

I liked the classic art style too, but honestly any direction the art style takes doesn’t really matter to me compared to how vital it is to keep sprint in Halo Infinite

> 2535444702990491;15:
> > 2533274836395701;14:
> > > 2535444702990491;13:
> > > > 2533274836846179;1:
> > > > I’ve been playing Halo since CE days and enjoyed every moment. But as much as I loved Halo 2-3, I just don’t want the same slow-paced gameplay from it… I actually liked Halo 5’s gameplay because it was absolutely phenomenal. It still feels like Halo, it’s still primitive and refreshing. The gameplay made me feel more like a super soldier than any of the previous games because after playing odst, Halo 1-3 made me feel like I was a marine. Either way I’m curious and can’t wait till they show more!
> > >
> > > I completely agree with you. None of us want the old, clunky slow Chief from the MCC anymore. 343i must keep sprint in Halo Infinite.
> >
> > Online reaction and overwhelming positive reaction to the teaser with “it’s like classic Halo” being the main takeaway would beg to differ on that “none” mention.
>
> Daily reminder that art style is not equal to movement mechanics.
>
> I liked the classic art style too, but honestly any direction the art style takes doesn’t really matter to me compared to how vitat it is to keep sprint in Halo Infinite

I think you’ll find many in the same camp of art and gameplay, most don’t play 4 or 5, tonnes played 2 and 3 and a decent chunk played reach. Why do you think since such a minuscule teaser shown, most online platforms whether youtube, twitch, reddit or forum comments then jump to gameplay threads/comments?

> 2533274836395701;16:
> > 2535444702990491;15:
> > > 2533274836395701;14:
> > > > 2535444702990491;13:
> > > > > 2533274836846179;1:
> > > > > I’ve been playing Halo since CE days and enjoyed every moment. But as much as I loved Halo 2-3, I just don’t want the same slow-paced gameplay from it… I actually liked Halo 5’s gameplay because it was absolutely phenomenal. It still feels like Halo, it’s still primitive and refreshing. The gameplay made me feel more like a super soldier than any of the previous games because after playing odst, Halo 1-3 made me feel like I was a marine. Either way I’m curious and can’t wait till they show more!
> > > >
> > > > I completely agree with you. None of us want the old, clunky slow Chief from the MCC anymore. 343i must keep sprint in Halo Infinite.
> >
> > Daily reminder that art style is not equal to movement mechanics.
> >
> > I liked the classic art style too, but honestly any direction the art style takes doesn’t really matter to me compared to how vitat it is to keep sprint in Halo Infinite
>
> I think you’ll find many in the same camp of art and gameplay

Everyone knows that drawing assumptions about gameplay mechanics from a teaser trailer is wishful thinking, at best.

Of course people are going to be hyped and speculate about anything they can; moreso than ever after this extended content drought for Halo.

But teaser trailers are designed to create speculation and trying to build expectations for gameplay from them will invariably lead to disappointment. :wink:

> 2533274836395701;14:
> > 2535444702990491;13:
> > > 2533274836846179;1:
> > > I’ve been playing Halo since CE days and enjoyed every moment. But as much as I loved Halo 2-3, I just don’t want the same slow-paced gameplay from it… I actually liked Halo 5’s gameplay because it was absolutely phenomenal. It still feels like Halo, it’s still primitive and refreshing. The gameplay made me feel more like a super soldier than any of the previous games because after playing odst, Halo 1-3 made me feel like I was a marine. Either way I’m curious and can’t wait till they show more!
> >
> > I completely agree with you. None of us want the old, clunky slow Chief from the MCC anymore. 343i must keep sprint in Halo Infinite.
>
> Online reaction and overwhelming positive reaction to the teaser with “it’s like classic Halo” being the main takeaway would beg to differ on that “none” mention.

Anyone that claims the trailer is a hint at classic movement is not very bright. It simply means they possibly go back to a art style resembling the older games and even that should be tempered with caution
People are jumping to way to many conclusions way too fast over a engine demo.

> 2533274823069762;3:
> I think it’s safe to say unlimited sprint, clambering, and thrusting are here to stay. Ground pound and Spartan Charge are probably on the chopping block I think.

Damn, that would be a bummer if true. If that’s true I’m done with Halo. Halo 5’s gameplay just doesn’t feel like Halo, it feels more like COD IMO.

> 2535444702990491;13:
> > 2533274836846179;1:
> > I’ve been playing Halo since CE days and enjoyed every moment. But as much as I loved Halo 2-3, I just don’t want the same slow-paced gameplay from it… I actually liked Halo 5’s gameplay because it was absolutely phenomenal. It still feels like Halo, it’s still primitive and refreshing. The gameplay made me feel more like a super soldier than any of the previous games because after playing odst, Halo 1-3 made me feel like I was a marine. Either way I’m curious and can’t wait till they show more!
>
> I completely agree with you. None of us want the old, clunky slow Chief from the MCC anymore. 343i must keep sprint in Halo Infinite.

I want it and so do the 95% of Halo players that left after the abominations that were Halo 4 and Halo 5 want it unlike the 5% of Halo players here that actually like that crap. If 343i keeps sprint and other Halo 5 mechanics, they will completely kill Halo and will get poor sales like Halo 5. One final leopard is all that remains. Halo must go back to it’s roots to become FPS king again.