What's going to happen to the NR after the TU?

While everything else we think we’re getting in the TU, I’m starting to worry about its effects on one of my favorite weapons- the Needle Rifle.

In its current state, the needle rifle is only effective due to its accuracy. It takes an extra shot to kill, yet its more accurate bloom allows for a higher fire rate- resulting in a kill-time similar to the DMR. If bloom is truely lost in the title update, how will the NR compensate for the exta shot required to kill. While it will still be more accurate at long range, a bloom-less DMR will still be effective at long range.

Your thoughts?

> While everything else we think we’re getting in the TU, I’m starting to worry about its effects on one of my favorite weapons- the Needle Rifle.
>
> In its current state, the needle rifle is only effective due to its accuracy. It takes an extra shot to kill, yet its more accurate bloom allows for a higher fire rate- resulting in a kill-time similar to the DMR. If bloom is truely lost in the title update, how will the NR compensate for the exta shot required to kill. While it will still be more accurate at long range, a bloom-less DMR will still be effective at long range.
>
> Your thoughts?

I really like the Needle rifle as well. I am in a wait and see mode right now concerning anything with the TU. There is so much we don’t know right now I would be afraid to even guess what they plan on doing with the Needle Rifle.

I’m very hunger for TU info, I too like the NR and some other weapons and vehicles from Reach. I’m can’t wait for Halofest, hopefully they spill all the beanz.

I love beanz.

I guarantee a bloomless DMR with no RoF change (it doesn’t get slowed down a little) Will completely break the sandbox. In playlists where there is no sandbox (Arena and MLG) it may not matter. but just removing the bloom of the DMR without tweaking anything else about it, or any other gun, definitely will break the NR and many other weapons. Even if the NR gets it’s bloom removed; that thing is already bordering too-fast for close-up strafing-battles, at least for me.

Right now a paced 6 SK NR (110% damage) is quicker than a full-spammed DMR. But I’m pretty sure on 100% damage, a full spammed DMR is much quicker.

While I dislike the DMR’s bloom, I am very concerned with just removing the bloom with no other changes. IDK though, we will find out.

> While everything else we think we’re getting in the TU, I’m starting to worry about its effects on one of my favorite weapons- the Needle Rifle.
>
> In its current state, the needle rifle is only effective due to its accuracy. It takes an extra shot to kill, yet its more accurate bloom allows for a higher fire rate- resulting in a kill-time similar to the DMR. If bloom is truely lost in the title update, how will the NR compensate for the exta shot required to kill. While it will still be more accurate at long range, a bloom-less DMR will still be effective at long range.
>
> Your thoughts?

I usually make it a point to go for the NR in slayer dmr’s, cuz i cant stand the DMR, and if they remoeneedle rifle bloom, i think it will be ok, but i hey don’t, it will be total disaster… and I would be very angry, cuz from the loos o it, te bloomis being removed for the WHOLE game, cuz the videos are for team slayer, not the classic playlist…