What's canon for other MP games?

There’s one question I have that I can’t seem to find an answer for. 343i is taking multiplayer and adding a canon to it which ties it directly to the campaign of Halo 4. Spartan IV’s are training for combat aboard the Infinity that can replicate any known environment. Spartan Ops is actually like a second campaign that takes place after the events of Halo 4.

My qusetion is: What’s the established canon for the other multiplayer games in the Halo franchise? Are they past programs of the Infinity? A copy of intense battle between enemies? Is firefight another training simulation or an actual battle taking place?

Or are we simply going to take the easy way out and say it never happened?

> There’s one question I have that I can’t seem to find an answer for. 343i is taking multiplayer and adding a canon to it which ties it directly to the campaign of Halo 4. Spartan IV’s are training for combat aboard the Infinity that can replicate any known environment. Spartan Ops is actually like a second campaign that takes place after the events of Halo 4.
>
> My qusetion is: What’s the established canon for the other multiplayer games in the Halo franchise? Are they past programs of the Infinity? A copy of intense battle between enemies? Is firefight another training simulation or an actual battle taking place?
>
> Or are we simply going to take the easy way out and say it never happened?

They’ve recognized that multiplayer had no meaning in the previous games, that’s why they are adding a canon and story behind it now in Halo 4.

There’s no canon for previous multiplayer… it’s just multiplayer like pretty much every other game in the world. Having multiplayer as canon is one of the new ideas that 343i came up with.

Or you can go with the red vs blue explanation :wink:

…you ever wonder why we’re here?