What's After SR-130?

OK, I’m no where close yet (SR-45) but I don’t think if I keep playing at my current pace it will take me very far into January let’s say to get to SR-130. So, Halo 2 and Halo 3 had the 1-50 playlists which took players years to get to 50 in all playlists. In my case, I was always inbetween 35-45 in each playlist; but it was always changing and gave you reason to keep playing. Reach, not having 1-50 ranks was less spectacular but it would at least take someone with a life years to get to Inheritor (I was only Noble up to a month before Halo 4 release). Why would they make Halo 4 a game with nothing to play for after a few months of playing? They should have had 1-50 rankings and give awesome customization armors, etc. for getting ranks between 1 and 50 to make everyone happy (Those playing for rank and those playing for prizes). I don’t get it, since when was Halo like other games that you play for a few months to essentially “beat the game” and then nothing. Puzzling.

You’ve not “beat the game” until you get all the commendations. And that will take a LONG while.

Well to answer your main question, there is nothing after SR-130. You can’t gain xp, you only have the other commendations to complete if not done already.

> You’ve not “beat the game” until you get all the commendations. And that will take a LONG while.

Im at 52%. The only commendations that will take LONG to get are the mongoose destructions and plasma pistol kills. Every thing else goes up super fast. I just got first strike-master yesterday.

I would bet that 343 have more ranks planned. I personally don’t care as I will play the game with or without a rank to encourage me. I just know that MANY will quit once maxed out. Most players need an incentive to play. I find this to be a big problem. If 343 doesn’t release ranks many many people will stop playing after maxing out. In a way I guess those people probably shouldn’t be playing either way… If they can’t enjoy the game for the gameplay then it would make sense for them to quit.

It’s like Reach’s Inheritor.

It just another piece on this thin slide of glass that was not well designed or thought out and will result in the shattering of the glass that is this game.

> Im at 52%. The only commendations that will take LONG to get are the mongoose destructions and plasma pistol kills. Every thing else goes up super fast. I just got first strike-master yesterday.

This is what I mean, you think anyone was close to 52% on Reach after 22 days?

> You’ve not “beat the game” until you get all the commendations. And that will take a LONG while.

Maybe that’s your mentality, but certainly not mine. Once I’m at the highest rank or have the armor i want, I will be done. Same with Reach… the commendation held no value imo. Some of them in Halo 4 do.

I mean back to 1-50 ranks (the perfect solution). No one ever had all 50’s, or very rarely and that would be “beating the game”. Even then, you kept playing becaus evitably you lose a game and be a 49 again and have to fight to get it back. The rankings system now doesn’t work. I have like a 0.8/0.9 KD ratio (I know I’m not that good) however I keep getting match against people who pwn me all day. In old school Halo I could reach a ceiling at 40/41 on slayer for example and play close games and have a fighting chance in 1-on-1 battles. I could see all the players ranks and know I was screwed because there was a 50 and prepare for it. Otherwise, I’d only have myself to blame if the game was all 40’s and I got my butt kicked. You’d keep playing to try to get to 41, then 42, oh no I had a bad day and went down to 39, better luck tomorrow. It was a perpetual fun-time.

Whatever rankings system they use “behind thre scenes” is so flawed it’s not even funny. At least with visible ranks I could see what’s going on and have some real starting points with my arguments.

P.S. if people are worried about rank cheating just put a daily rank-cap for each playlist, this way no one could get de-rank down to a 1 like they did in H3 and then just speed rank up to a 50 again.

In other words you could only go up 5 ranks in a day. We all know that took what 1 game to get for those who were de-ranking? So yeah newbies might get un-lucky and be matched with them that one game.

They said they were putting in ranks next year sometime so that would be around the time when people would start hitting the max XP rank. Not the people trying their fastest to hit it obviously.

My guess is that they figured people would only care about their skill rank over their XP rank, so they didn’t bother putting in a lengthy system like Reach’s system.

> I just got first strike-master yesterday.

What playlists did you use to get this? I want to grind this but teammates seem to be desperate as well, haha.

what happen with unlock the other 6spe that wer go to get on nov 20. am a SR 70 I what to move up now from SR 70 . I never got my email and I be play si day one.

> > I just got first strike-master yesterday.
>
> What playlists did you use to get this? I want to grind this but teammates seem to be desperate as well, haha.

I was using Flood.

Just pop Promethean vision on and instead of running to hide like everyone else, use it to find the alpha flood and kill him before anyone else has the chance.

If you don’t have the LE, then you won’t get an email until the 30th or Dec 1st. I can’t remember exactly which one it is.

Am I the only one who plays for fun?
I’ll still play well after I’m SR130

Well the game will be out for a couple years before H5 comes out. Most people will be at the max rank well before that point.

Yah i just hit SR-100 today the ranking system is so easy they should of made it so that even when you switch specializations the amount of xp goes up and doesnt drop all the way back down again. it took me like a year and a half to get to inheritor on reach, and yet ill be 130 on halo 4 in 10-15 days. ill probaly go to custom games because who wants to play multiplayer if all the xp you earn gets thrown away. and then if they do add more ranks ill be pissed because of all that xp i earned that went nowhere.In the long run i suggest people who hit 130 play custom games and join clans while waiting for 343 to release more specializations/ranks. cant wait for SR-200!

> > > I just got first strike-master yesterday.
> >
> > What playlists did you use to get this? I want to grind this but teammates seem to be desperate as well, haha.
>
> I was using Flood.
>
> Just pop Promethean vision on and instead of running to hide like everyone else, use it to find the alpha flood and kill him before anyone else has the chance.

I thank you for this, I actually would have never thought of this.