What's After Halo 4?

Hi guys.
I know 343 is planning the 3 game “Reclaimer” Trilogy and after Halo 4 they will work on and produce Halo 5 and 6.
Do you think they will do anything in between? Halo 2 Anniversary? - maybe. Like Bungie, a filler game?..ODST 2? That would be epic. Thinking about it here is a fanmade trailer for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyCQH9Tg_DM&feature=relmfu

So what do you think is next for Halo and H4? Other than the confirmed 5 and 6? Will that be it? I sure hope not!

I think they will do a Halo 2 HD remake, and maybe a Halo Wars or ODST sequel. Maybe another spin off.

Perhaps some spin-offs and if there were a Halo 2 Anniversary it would most likely be on next-gen.

> I think they will do a Halo 2 HD remake, and maybe a Halo Wars or ODST sequel. Maybe another spin off.

Didn’t even think of Halo Wars!, but that would be cool. Thanks for that point!

> Perhaps some spin-offs and if there were a Halo 2 Anniversary it would most likely be on next-gen.

Yeah, they actually confirmed that if they make a Halo 2 Remake that it will be on the “720”

I think I saw an interview with Frankie saying that they were putting their focus on the reclaimer trilogy but he was not ruling out other halo games. Personally, I’m not the biggest fan of spin off games, I prefer developing the main story but that’s just me. I’m sure we will see some spin offs maybe after Halo 6 is released.

We’d have to see the specifics of 343i’s and Microsoft’s contract in order to determine how many/what other games there will be. I know Bungie was contracted for 5 Halo games, but I don’t know the specifics of 343’s contract.

I’ll be satisfied with basically anything Halo, but I would <mark>LOVE</mark> a Halo 2 remake with the classic multiplayer.

> I’ll be satisfied with basically anything Halo, but I would <mark>LOVE</mark> a Halo 2 remake with the classic multiplayer.

Needs to be done for 2013. A small teaser at E3 and then next E3 2013 a demo and full blown trailer. Also a Halo 5 small teaser for E3 2013 for 2014 release. My predictions!

Halo 5

Halo: Sangheili

They’ll probably do an HD port of Halo 2 and throw it on the marketplace. It’s basically free money, there’s no reason they wouldn’t. Beyond that and new novels I honestly don’t know, and I don’t think 343 does either. I imagine all they care about is finishing Halo 4 right now.

Frankie has hinted at another surprise they’re showing at E3 THIS year. Link

> I think they will do a Halo 2 HD remake, and maybe a Halo Wars or ODST sequel. Maybe another spin off.

Meh, I can’t see that happening for a couple of reasons. First of all, the campaign wasn’t THAT good. Secondly, being known more of the Slayers and CTF it must have a significant multiplayer component which puts it in an awkward position with Halo 4 and 5. Either they could just issue a bunch of remakes for whatever the latest game is (though to less effect than CEA because unlike Timberland, Prisoner, and Damnation Lockout, Terminal, and Turf saw incredibly heavy action on XBL) or you could try to make something of the opportunity and remake Halo 2 multipalyer, which can’t really compete with the later Halo games for being just about a decade older than they. So you’ll probably have to contend with pretty chronic population problems for no real gain than giving people an excuse to bypass Halo 2 Vista (which, by the way, is an HD retrofit of the xbox version.)

So, I don’t really see it happening. With the resources spent just to play to a very weak sense of nostalgia you could really expand on Halo 4 or 5 with more original content like an expansion of Spartan Ops and the usual set of multiplayer maps. Halo Wars 2 however does seem like a fun project and I would like to see that happen. The first game didn’t quite hit the sweet spot waiting for a console RTS though it was certainly competent enough to deserve another try.

> > I think they will do a Halo 2 HD remake, and maybe a Halo Wars or ODST sequel. Maybe another spin off.
>
> Meh, I can’t see that happening for a couple of reasons. First of all, the campaign wasn’t THAT good. Secondly, being known more of the Slayers and CTF it must have a significant multiplayer component which puts it in an awkward position with Halo 4 and 5. Either they could just issue a bunch of remakes for whatever the latest game is (though to less effect than CEA because unlike Timberland, Prisoner, and Damnation Lockout, Terminal, and Turf saw incredibly heavy action on XBL) or you could try to make something of the opportunity and remake Halo 2 multipalyer, which can’t really compete with the later Halo games for being just about a decade older than they. So you’ll probably have to contend with pretty chronic population problems for no real gain than giving people an excuse to bypass Halo 2 Vista (which, by the way, is an HD retrofit of the xbox version.)
>
> So, I don’t really see it happening.

All I care about is a remastered campaign to be able to play through all games in HD.

> Perhaps some spin-offs and if there were a Halo 2 Anniversary it would most likely be on next-gen.

I would say spin-offs too. Halo 2 isn’t compatible with Halo 4, so we may see Halo 2 remake in part of Halo 5 maybe.

> All I care about is a remastered campaign to be able to play through all games in HD.

But as I said you can already do that. Halo 2 Vista is a remastered version of the original game. Uprezed textures, great frame rate, the only thing they didn’t do was revamp all the old assets but quite honestly the only game in the series which deserved that was the one that started it all off with a duct-tape and bailing wires build. And of course you can keep playing in HD with Halo 3 on.

So again I don’t see the need for the project. If you really care about getting through all of Halo in HD you have the opportunity right now. 343 does not need to commit to building, marketing, and selling yet another monument to their franchises glory.

ODST sequel is about the only thing I’m looking forward to in Halo’s future, so it better happen.

Yeah, I can’t see them diverting resources to a Halo 2 remake. The reason they did it for Halo: CE was because it was the first and the start of the franchise, making it special. I can see them making a Halo Wars 2, although whether they decide to stick with the RTS genre for it I would also say is questionable. I think they may also try an ‘ODST 2’ if you will, a game where we play as a normal marine again. A covenant sided one though? I don’t think they would create a game for that, however I could see them doing it as an expansion to one of the games. Much like how Gears of War 3 did with Raam’s Shadow, a 3 hour expansion with a seperate campaign where we are Elites during Halo 2’s great schism could be interesting.

I don’t see how they wouldn’t create an elite campaign. They know there is a sangheili community and any other player that is a fan of halo would buy it. There are plenty of points in the universe that could easily be made into a full campaign, or even make a completely new point in history.