Whats a good counter for this.

Basically I was playing some 2 v 2 today and wouldnt you know it I have to come up against the guy who when I check leaderboards is rank #1

Anyhow we basically got rushed by warthog with shields and an arbiter with offensive protector very early game which crippled my economy fending off as the Arbiter.

I cant think of any early game units powerfully enough to take down shield hogs and doing it as my arbiter crippled me and allowed them to steamroll us, the arbiter also started using banshees which I tried tracking down as my arby but he just kept running from one base to another, so my team-mate had to make wolverines. They then came back with tanks and more banshees, I attempted to use my banshees to kill the tanks only to get shredded by an arby…

both teams were cutter/arby.

Is there a particular strat good for this kind of thing? The main issue was the Arbiter economy, not enough money to rage.

The arbiters economy is always going to be pretty slow, but on the map you described the only way to counter shielded hogs/arby is to go shielded hogs/arbiter and try to attack them first and/or maintain hook control.

yah weve started doing it on that map (labyrinth I think) but I bet someone like those guys would see it coming and they probably have a counter for it. Only thing I can thing of is hunting down the hogs which requires immense luck.

> yah weve started doing it on that map (labyrinth I think) but I bet someone like those guys would see it coming and they probably have a counter for it. Only thing I can thing of is hunting down the hogs which requires immense luck.

Hunting the hogs is risky. It’s better to establish hook control and get the shields and offensive protectors because they are overpowered cough could’ve been fixed in title update 5 along with a bunch of other stuff cough.

The same exact thing happened to me, by the same exact people (Big bird right?). What about turrets? No that wouldn’t work… I even had a shield up when they came but it still set us back too much and they came in with tanks. Yeah… after thinking about it, the answer has to be more or less the same with all 2v2 rushes. Rush them first. It’s really those shield sentinels that throw off the balance. They’re only 100 bucks. It’s just the fact that the Arby can’t damage the hogs as they strafe.

It’s funny how according to all classical strategy the defenders always have the advantage but in this game it seems to be the opposite.

yeah it was big bird

The same exact thing just happened to me again, except this time it was stun lock. We held out for quite a while, but they still got us. We build cobras, but they’re just not mobile enough. Next time I’m thinking a hall with Hunters and Jackals. We built turrets at the start and fought them for the sides, so we blocked their first attack, my vamps took out all of their air, but those three tanks got my base. They expanded. We should have.

http://www.halowars.com/stats/StatsGame.aspx?Id=89052269-8824-8288-0620-000000000000

UNSC goes reactor third three hogs and immediately send over his scout to get the offensive and shield, he uses the offensive to clear the factory while his hogs absorb damage then starts shielding his hogs. The arby goes temple second then sends his ghost immediately over he gets a shield for his ghost then sends the offensive to attack or defend. You want to go on offensive and try to out building damage them here so arby gets a click or something for citadel and a attack one. Go to arbies base, if he doesn’t have citadel mac him. He will now have to recall and you just get up summits then rage tanks and draw vamps or deny him summits until your team mate has tanks.

is this 2v2 party or 2v2 standard?

Both… lol.

Standard party teams.

Pretty much what Tohie said. I like R second better as UNSC just so you can get gunner earlier. It’s an easier way to defend against their offensive protectors and you should also be able to take control of the sentinel factory sooner. As Arby, after you get your shield/offensive, stick the offensive on your Arby if you’re not defending and send him straight to their base while getting Fiendish. Force Citadel and then go for the pads. I don’t think a click is needed, you can afford Citadel as long as you keep your ghost alive to collect crates.

There is no counter to this rush, you just need to do the same thing back to them…but better. Smug is alright, but is definitely beatable.

I don’t play a lot of standard but wouldn’t infantry do the trick?

I did it again against Loaded Ninja. My teammate was crap but I got a shield on my ghost. Killed their hogs. Went over to the cutter’s base and killed two or three of his reactors and a couple vehicle depots. I won my side of it, and if I had a better teammate we would have won. So yeah, Tohie is right, you just have to do it better than them.

Micro’d shielded hogs easily beat infantry.

Why would you even build infantry on labyrinth?

> Why would you even build infantry on labyrinth?

You wouldn’t.

> > Why would you even build infantry on labyrinth?
>
> You wouldn’t.

I would build tanks, hogs, and protectors.

When I first read the OP, I thought that the post was about Reach.

My reaction: “This idiot troll thinks the Arbiter is a playable character in Reach?”

It took me a second to realize this was a Halo Wars thread.

Counter by destroying his bases and forcing him to run out of money.

> Pretty much what Tohie said. I like R second better as UNSC just so you can get gunner earlier. It’s an easier way to defend against their offensive protectors and you should also be able to take control of the sentinel factory sooner. As Arby, after you get your shield/offensive, stick the offensive on your Arby if you’re not defending and send him straight to their base while getting Fiendish. Force Citadel and then go for the pads. I don’t think a click is needed, you can afford Citadel as long as you keep your ghost alive to collect crates.
>
> There is no counter to this rush, you just need to do the same thing back to them…but better. Smug is alright, but is definitely beatable.

Brute/anders if they go hogs brute will beat it actually.

This is not so much a counter but a another rush, I’m not sure how fast the Shield hog/Arby rush can be done but if you go Cutter/arbiter you can have the enemy arbiter out of the game as early as 3:30, I recommend you only attempt it in party teams matches for obvious reasons.

What you do is the Arbiter builds 3 supply pads, temple, supply pad. When the temple comes up start to run your arbiter towards the enemy arbiter’s base and build 3-5 suicide grunt squads, also make sure you get your first reflection upgrade as soon as the cutters Tech comes up teleport you grunts to your arbiter and suicide them into the Arby’s base (main part only be careful not to hit the buildings as this can cause less damage to be done to the base and the rush may not achieve the desired effect)

Cutter should build 4 supply pads then a reactor, then whatever he/she wants. As soon as your ally’s Suicide grunts have done their job, Mac the enemy’s base this should destroy it.

Keep your leader there to ensure the enemy cannot reclaim the base you should be able to take on the enemy leader ect as long as you have the first reflection upgrade when the timer is up or when the last enemy unit is destroyed the enemy arbiter will be out of the game. The only defence’s against this rush are if the enemy already has two bases, or built a temple then a shield as their first two buildings. Building a second base is only possible on a few maps where their are empty bases at the start of the match and building a Temple then shield will mean they are at a disadvantage in supply income giving you the advantage for quite a while.

As an added note this can be done to any covenant faction, but I wouldn’t recommend attempting this against UNSC factions as their bases have more health and as such would require more suicide grunts which makes the rush less effective and allows more room for error as suicide grunts are prone to glitches such as suiciding into something but not exploding or my favourite the glitch where after teleporting they ignore your orders