Whatever Happened To Victory Cams?

I’m talking about the final killcams that were in Halo 4 in maybe only the first 24 hours. I remember them being in matchmaking and also in custom games. It seems that 343 has pretty much fixed normal killcams (which most Halo players see as irrelevant,) but has completely forgotten about the game-ending ones (which I did not mind.) Anyone know anything?

I’m not entirely sure what happened to the final kill cam. During the debate about kill cams before Halo 4’s launch, the idea of a final kill cam was the only thing that almost everyone agreed on. So it does seem odd that they would be removed from matchmaking.

My thing is there’s even a medal for it called “Last Strike”. It’s for getting the Final Kill Cam in a match, and so few people have gotten the medal(Choose “Pick Medal”, then scroll to “Last Strike”).

However, I do remember 343i stating that they fixed it so the Final Kill Cam and Last Strike medal were available in a previous Matchmaking Update, but then it seemingly got removed without notice.

Personally, I’d love to have it back. it’s nice to say, “Hey, guys! I got this! Check it out!”.

They stopped working roughly 24 hours after a Title Update for an unknown reason. I assume they were disabled globally due to how buggy they were.

I wouldn’t exactly say the normal killcams are fixed either, I’ve seen some pretty weird stuff on those as of late.

So they actually had a good idea (taken from CoD, but still it’s cool), but then decided to take it out?

> So they actually had a good idea (taken from CoD, but still it’s cool), but then decided to take it out?

Well there wasn’t exactly much point keeping it in when it didn’t work :confused:

I really hope they fix that so i can finally get that medal

I remember the only playlist they had it in was Infinity Slayer. It was sometimes buggy, but I enjoyed seeing it. I also wanted it to be in Big Team.

Hmm, I see. Thanks, guys.