Whatever happened to the needle rifle?

A forgotten weapon I suppose. It’s a shame because I really liked the unique qualities of the gun and the ADS of the needler does’t get enough attention. It’s one of more unique ADS but you never see it because you never ADS with a needler. It’d be awesome to see that in a rifle format.

I think what bugs me the most about this is that we’ve seen many other weapons come back for Halo 5. Just to have the option to use them. H1 magnum, DMR (concieved in the same game as the needle rifle), H2 BR, and countless upgraded versions of all the main stay weapons. But no Needle Rifle…

Am I the only one that would absolutely love to see this gun come back? What is the reasoning behind leaving it out?
I’d like to know the communities thoughts on this.

The Blood of Suban (the tier-3 Carbine) is a replacement for the Needler Rifle.

That thing is beastly. I’ve gotten it a few times in custom fiesta games and it’s just pure awesomeness. I love that weapon.

There are so many redundant weapons in H5 already, what’s the harm in bringing in 1 more?

> 2535429593088083;2:
> The Blood of Suban (the tier-3 Carbine) is a replacement for the Needler Rifle.

Sure, but I’d like to see a tier one needle rifle. Ya know?

Like, why include the Blood of Suban, and not include the actual weapon its modeled after?

See: https://www.halopedia.org/Blood_of_Suban

It just seems like a piece of lore, left out of H5 as an oversight to me

I was disappointed when they took the easy way out by reskinnig a carbine instead of giving us the actual needle rifle. The reach version was way better visually.

> 2533274816788253;5:
> I was disappointed when they took the easy way out by reskinnig a carbine instead of giving us the actual needle rifle. The reach version was way better visually.

This is what I’m talking about

> 2533274813204181;1:
> A forgotten weapon I suppose. It’s a shame because I really liked the unique qualities of the gun and the ADS of the needler does’t get enough attention. It’s one of more unique ADS but you never see it because you never ADS with a needler. It’d be awesome to see that in a rifle format.
>
> I think what bugs me the most about this is that we’ve seen many other weapons come back for Halo 5. Just to have the option to use them. H1 magnum, DMR (concieved in the same game as the needle rifle), H2 BR, and countless upgraded versions of all the main stay weapons. But no Needle Rifle…
>
> Am I the only one that would absolutely love to see this gun come back? What is the reasoning behind leaving it out?
> I’d like to know the communities thoughts on this.

I’m right there with you. It was my absolute favorite weapon in reach. Right in front of the grenade launcher

I thought I was alone

> 2533274821290020;7:
> > 2533274813204181;1:
> > A forgotten weapon I suppose. It’s a shame because I really liked the unique qualities of the gun and the ADS of the needler does’t get enough attention. It’s one of more unique ADS but you never see it because you never ADS with a needler. It’d be awesome to see that in a rifle format.
> >
> > I think what bugs me the most about this is that we’ve seen many other weapons come back for Halo 5. Just to have the option to use them. H1 magnum, DMR (concieved in the same game as the needle rifle), H2 BR, and countless upgraded versions of all the main stay weapons. But no Needle Rifle…
> >
> > Am I the only one that would absolutely love to see this gun come back? What is the reasoning behind leaving it out?
> > I’d like to know the communities thoughts on this.
>
> I’m right there with you. It was my absolute favorite weapon in reach. Right in front of the grenade launcher

Yea… and they brought back the grenade launcher…

> 2533274813204181;4:
> > 2535429593088083;2:
> > The Blood of Suban (the tier-3 Carbine) is a replacement for the Needler Rifle.
>
> Sure, but I’d like to see a tier one needle rifle. Ya know?
>
> Like, why include the Blood of Suban, and not include the actual weapon its modeled after?
>
> See: https://www.halopedia.org/Blood_of_Suban
>
> It just seems like a piece of lore, left out of H5 as an oversight to me

I think it’s because having a higher tier Carbine fits better with the REQ system. The Needle Rifle would be its own weapon. I’m totally with you though. I’d like to see it another game in the future.