Whatever happened to Nils Thune and Jilan alCygni?

They were major characters in Contact Harvest and haven’t been heard of since.

Good point.

Long since dead i’d say. Harvest was the beginng of the war in what 2525 or something like that. Reach was 2552 or something like that. Killed along the way like everyone else.

Nils probably died on Harvest. We know Jilan escaped, and she and Avery might have actually married. Johnson mentions having a mother-in-law in Halo 2.

> 2535408102032171;4:
> Nils probably died on Harvest. We know Jilan escaped, and she and Avery might have actually married. Johnson mentions having a mother-in-law in Halo 2.

And while that line was originally a joke. 343i have been known to make one off lines like that canon.

I mean Catalog confirmed that Bryne a character in in that book died on November 17th 2552. Which goes along with a one off line said during the Floodgate mission.

> 2533274836874363;5:
> > 2535408102032171;4:
> > Nils probably died on Harvest. We know Jilan escaped, and she and Avery might have actually married. Johnson mentions having a mother-in-law in Halo 2.
>
>
> And while that line was originally a joke. 343i have been known to make one off lines like that canon.
>
> I mean Catalog confirmed that Bryne a character in in that book died on November 17th 2552. Which goes along with a one off line said during the Floodgate mission.

And in Halo 3: ODST Buck had a line during gameplay about how his dad died in a car crash if the player would drive the warthog erratically. Then New Blood came along and expounded on that.

Probably killed during the Battle of Harvest.