Whatever happened to Lord Hood?

I mean, he was in Halo 2 and 3, but not in 4 or 5? I was especially surprised when he wasn’t in H5 with everything happening and all, so, is he dead or?

He’s alive and made appearances in several post-Halo 3 novels and post-Halo 4 comics. 343 have just failed to incorporate him in the games despite him being a good fit for Halo 5, especially since Lasky had to talk to SOMEONE to get permission to go to Sanghelios. I know Halo 5’s lead writer wanted to drop the Lord from his name for whatever reason, but thankfully got shot down on that.

> 2533274812652989;2:
> He’s alive and made appearances in several post-Halo 3 novels and post-Halo 4 comics. 343 have just failed to incorporate him in the games despite him being a good fit for Halo 5, especially since Lasky had to talk to SOMEONE to get permission to go to Sanghelios. I know Halo 5’s lead writer wanted to drop the Lord from his name for whatever reason, but thankfully got shot down on that.

Thanks a lot for that, I’m glad he’s alive. Let’s hope he at least makes a cameo in H6 with Ron Perlman still being the voice actor.

> 2533274812652989;2:
> He’s alive and made appearances in several post-Halo 3 novels and post-Halo 4 comics. 343 have just failed to incorporate him in the games despite him being a good fit for Halo 5, especially since Lasky had to talk to SOMEONE to get permission to go to Sanghelios. I know Halo 5’s lead writer wanted to drop the Lord from his name for whatever reason, but thankfully got shot down on that.

Why is he even called Lord in the first place? It’s a cool title but it doesn’t exactly sound military especially for the time halo is supposed to exist in

> 2533274954296299;4:
> > 2533274812652989;2:
> > He’s alive and made appearances in several post-Halo 3 novels and post-Halo 4 comics. 343 have just failed to incorporate him in the games despite him being a good fit for Halo 5, especially since Lasky had to talk to SOMEONE to get permission to go to Sanghelios. I know Halo 5’s lead writer wanted to drop the Lord from his name for whatever reason, but thankfully got shot down on that.
>
>
> Why is he even called Lord in the first place? It’s a cool title but it doesn’t exactly sound military especially for the time halo is supposed to exist in

Lord is not a title given to him by the UNSC.
He is a Fleet Admiral but also a Lord of some nobility.

> 2533274954296299;4:
> > 2533274812652989;2:
> > He’s alive and made appearances in several post-Halo 3 novels and post-Halo 4 comics. 343 have just failed to incorporate him in the games despite him being a good fit for Halo 5, especially since Lasky had to talk to SOMEONE to get permission to go to Sanghelios. I know Halo 5’s lead writer wanted to drop the Lord from his name for whatever reason, but thankfully got shot down on that.
>
>
> Why is he even called Lord in the first place? It’s a cool title but it doesn’t exactly sound military especially for the time halo is supposed to exist in

Evidently along the way he earned some title of nobility.

I want to know what happened to him and the shipmaster too

> 2535424465548988;7:
> I want to know what happened to him and the shipmaster too

Last we see Hood, he is recovering in a wheelchair after getting a piece of metal stabbed through his stomach when the UNSC Infinity was attacked by a New Colonial Alliance space station armed with a Covenant laser cannon. Rtas 'Vadum, on the other hand, recently stopped the former San 'Shyuum Minister of Preparation from using a miniature Halo-like construct against the Sangheili on the fringes of Sangheili space. And burning a few ONI Prowlers trying to tail him.

He looked funny in halo 2
Or was it just me?