Whatever happened to Killjoy?

Whatever happened to the Killjoy medal?

I need to know if I stop a killing spree!

Yup, idk why they took it out, i remember it’s one of those relieving medals you get.

next to “comeback kill” id say kill joy is the medal i miss the least. the only time i need to know if i end a spree is if the guy hasn’t died at all and is on a perfection medal. thats just me though.

the one medal i kind of miss is the assist medal. i know the game makes a sound to tell me there is an assist but when i started played that was not apparent to me right away. assist medal was always an easy way to know someone you were chasing died, but it became redundant so i can see why they took that one out honestly.

I really liked that medal. It was kind of like “hey good job, you killed the dude that wont flocking die”

I don’t know, I’ve noticed it’s missing. It was one of the classic Halo medals and I miss when the announcer shouted it out. Actually in Arena, most of the medals are missing. (At least visually, they are.) It’s not a totally big deal, but it’s one of those Halo nuances that make the game unique. I also hope Roadtrip! And weapon sprees announces are still in the game. Can’t tell if they are cause Palmer is screaming in my ears 24/7 in Warzone.

> 2535430774767416;3:
> next to “comeback kill” id say kill joy is the medal i miss the least. the only time i need to know if i end a spree is if the guy hasn’t died at all and is on a perfection medal. thats just me though.
>
> the one medal i kind of miss is the assist medal. i know the game makes a sound to tell me there is an assist but when i started played that was not apparent to me right away. assist medal was always an easy way to know someone you were chasing died, but it became redundant so i can see why they took that one out honestly.

Agree on the comeback kill not being missed. I don’t need a medal that says “congrats you sucked for a few min”

I loved the Killjoy medal.

Removed for no reason :smiley:

I read it in the community update where they talked about ranks and medals that they wanted the medals to be something you could earn largely under your own control or something like that. So they took out things like “Reload this” which required someone else to be reloading when you got the kill, “Killjoy” which required someone to be on a spree. They still left in a couple “Clifhanger” i think it is where someone has to be clambering and “Top gun” in a way since it requires no one to get more than 9 kills before you. They mentioned taking out “Comeback kill” so people didn’t feel like the game was mocking them.

R.I.P all the good medals.

> 2535430774767416;3:
> next to “comeback kill” id say kill joy is the medal i miss the least. the only time i need to know if i end a spree is if the guy hasn’t died at all and is on a perfection medal. thats just me though.
>
> the one medal i kind of miss is the assist medal. i know the game makes a sound to tell me there is an assist but when i started played that was not apparent to me right away. assist medal was always an easy way to know someone you were chasing died, but it became redundant so i can see why they took that one out honestly.

Not sure if it’s different in Arena… but I get all sorts of assist medals in Warzone.

I’ve always thought getting a Killjoy was one of those medals you don’t want because that just says you killed a player who was destroying your team, and will probably get another spree