Whatever Happened to Invasion?

I really liked that one. What gives?
It was a ton of fun trying to Forge maps specifically for Invasion as well. With multiple paths to the next objective, tons of ways to make it creative

I mean, I love Dominion, but it’s basically the Halo version of CoD’s Domination. Invasion was 100 times cooler.

Well 343i had to stay true to bringing new gametypes into Halo 4, Invasion was only introduced for Halo Reach really, a bit like Firefight, where it only appeared in 2 Halo games (ODST and Reach).
343i basically stayed true to ‘making a fresh start’.

But it will be missed.

Invasion didn’t kick off well in Reach…in other words wasn’t popular. I didn’t mine it at first, but it just got boring. Regarding Dominion, my favorite game-type so far, basically a replacement of Territories.

I’d like to see Extraction, available in custom games, brought in to matchmaking.

Id like team objective back, add in dominion, invasion, ctf etc

To think the ingredients for Invasion are right within our fingertips with Dominion, but taken away by numerous options lacking for Customs and features idiotically removed from Forge.

> Invasion didn’t kick off well in Reach…in other words wasn’t popular. I didn’t mine it at first, but it just got boring. Regarding Dominion, my favorite game-type so far, basically a replacement of Territories.

That clearly explains why it had one of if not the highest population of players since it’s debut.

Because it took too much time to develop, and maps designed for invasion weren’t used properly for other modes.

thankfully no more dinos in matchmaking

Invasion was immense, added a new way to looking at the multiplayer on reach but the only problem in bringing it into Halo 4 is players can only be Spartans which makes the game type the same as the rest in terms of style of play but mixed races gives the objective a more feel in wanting to get involved, 343 would have to introduce Elites into the mix for invasion to return or even Promethean but then i doubt they’ll ever let you play as a knight as you’d be overpowered but would be fun!

As a whole they have said there going to introduce in new gametypes only for Halo 4, meaning i doubt there going to look back and bring invasion forward.

It was the best gametype on Halo: Reach for me but i think its dead and gone now and we probs wont see it again until custom games are up and running vastly.

Cheers