What? You don't like my cooking?

Hey everyone Mercury here,

Today, I was remembering Reach and I remembered a quote that Jun said “What? You don’t like my cooking?”. I thought this was a really funny quote and I want to know what is YOUR all time favorite quote from any Halo game. Go!!!

> “Soon the Great Journey shall begin. But when it does, the weight of your heresy will stay your feet. And you shall be left behind.”
> - Prophet of Truth

Michael Wincott’s voice, the writing of that specific line, I love everything about it :slight_smile:

If they came to hear me beg, they will be disappointed.

Any line from Johnson.

“It just keeps repeating the same word, regret.”
“what does it mean?”
“Dear humanity, we Regret being alien -Yoinks!-, we Regret coming to Earth, and we most definitely Regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy -Yoink- fleet!.”

I have several favorites, if that’s okay.

“I once met a soldier who told me he thought his weapon was a time machine. He wasn’t killing the enemy, but moving them forward to a time when they were no longer alive.” -Warrant Officer Jun-A266 (Halo Reach)

“When I joined the Corps, we didn’t have any fancy-shmancy tanks! We had sticks! Two sticks and a rock for a whole platoon! And we had to share the rock! Buck up, boy! You’re one very lucky Marine!” -Sergeant Major Avery Junior Johnson (Halo 2/Halo 2 Anniversary)

“Men, we led those dumb bugs out to the middle of nowhere to keep ‘em from gettin’ their filthy claws on Earth. But we stumbled onto somethin’ they’re so hot for, that they’re scramblin’ over each other to get it. Well, I don’t care if it’s God’s own anti-son-of-a–Yoink- machine, or a giant hula hoop, we’re not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have…is a belly full of lead, and a pool of their own blood to drown in! Am I right, Marines?” -SgtMaj Avery J. Johnson (Halo: Combat Evolved/Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary)

“I am ordering you… TO SURRENDER THAT AI!” -Andrew Del Rio (Halo 4) For me, this one wasn’t the line itself, it was the delivery. He starts out calm, then practically flips out mid-sentence. I always find that really funny.

My toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping can remove the black part

> 2535459112121014;7:
> My toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping can remove the black part

Oh wait my favorite quote
“stay focused, halo; how do we use it against the covenant?”
this one cracks me up for some reason

Mine is “With respect sir, you suck!”
By a marine.

Worst. Throw. Ever. Of all time…

You’ll be safe inside this cryptum until my work is done

> 2535410782505976;10:
> Worst. Throw. Ever. Of all time…

Love RvB
But either “Don’t make a girl a promise…” or in reference to the chief being called demon - “Anne insult to be sure, but one with a modicum of respect” even though it’s new, I’ve always loved the Arbiter and that’s just him right there.

“I won’t.”

• Master Chief to Cortana, just before jumping out of Cairo with the covenant bomb.

“This hurts, chief.”

“Sir, Finishing this Fight”

“Marine did I give you permission to -Yoink-?”

“Time was your ally human, but now it has abandoned you. The Forerunners…have returned. This tomb, is now yours.”

I don’t think it’s a line from a game, it may actually be a stage name but, “thought I’d try shooting my way out, switch things up a little.”

RvB doesn’t count

“Men, we led those dumb bugs out to the middle of nowhere to keep ‘em from gettin’ their filthy claws on Earth. But, we stumbled onto somethin’ they’re so hot for, that they’re scramblin’ over each other to get it. Well, I don’t care if it’s God’s own anti-son-of-a–Yoink- machine, or a giant hula hoop, we’re not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a belly full of lead, and a pool of their own blood to drown in! Am I right, Marines?” GREATEST QUOTE/SPEECH EVER!